1/1

Good Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris first saw a girl at the coffee shop near their school just a few distance between his table. She's been there for almost 5 hours, just drinking her coffee and checking the door and her watch. Kris also didn't know why he's watching this girl for almost 5 hours also. Maybe something about her is... different. Later, she started crying and he didn't know why.

Worried, he got up from his seat and walked to the girl. First, giving her his handkerchief to wipe off her tears. and secondly, asking what's wrong. She said that her date didn't showed up and he dumped her. Kris says comforting words to the girl that the girl can't help but smile.

 

After chatting and forgetting about what she's crying about, her friends called and she said that she needs to go.

"I'm sorry but I need to go. Thanks by the way... I hope to meet you soon again." She said and left Kris at the table. Kris smiled but that smile also faded because he remembered that he forgot to introduce himself and ask for the name of the girl.

Coincidentally, they met again because one of Kris' friends knew her. Her name's Dianne. And obviously, she's Kris' -according to his friends- first love. Kris is known for rarely liking a girl, and if he does, then that girl is super lucky.

Kris' friends when they first introduced Dianne to Kris. Kris was glad that Dianne remembered him. Kris, shy and all, made friends with her and they quickly became close.

15 months had passed when Kris built a courage and man-ed up to confess to Dianne.

"Dianne, I have something to tell you," Kris said.

"What?" Dianne replied.

"Ummmm... I.... You.... I've cared for you so much. I..... Uhhhh.... F-feel happy when you're always near me." Kris mentally cursed himself for stuttering and for his embarrassing confession. Come on Kris! Be a man!

"And?" Dianne blinked at him innocently.

 

"I know I might sound stupid but, Dianne, I've been keeping this to myself for so long. I... I'd like to take our friendship to the next level and court you." Kris closed his eyes, not wanting to hear what Dianne will say to his confession. He waited for Dianne's rejection, he knew that she'll dump him because he's stupid, but he still wishes that she will accept this stupid confession. No one's speaking, their breathings can only be heard. After a mute of silence, he opened his eyes and looked at the girl standing in front of him.

Dianne is smiling, and he already knew the answer.

After 5 months, Dianne confronted Kris, already sure about her feelings. Dianne said yes and their friends cheered on them.

Movie and pizza dates became their habit. Kris, being the worst Romeo he is and used to dislike romantic things, searched about cheesy stuffs only for Dianne. He told cheesy lines fo Dianne which the girl will just cringe and they'll just laugh it off.

"Hey Dianne," Kris started.

"What?" Dianne looked at him. Kris just stared at her like he's forgetting something.

"What?" Dianne asked again.

"You're so beautiful that you made me forget my pick up line." Kris then showed his gummy smile. Dianne scrunched her nose and hid her face with her hands, embarrassed. She started hitting Kris gently because of his cheesiness. They both laughed.

Kris is definitely bad at romantic stuffs.

On Dianne's 19th birthday, Kris put an effort to give her the best gift she could ever have. He bugged his mother to let him borrow her recipes in cooking.

Dianne came back to her home that night and it surprised her. She's in awe. Candles all scattered on the floor, writing a 'Happy Birthday Dianne'. She looked at her wall and there are colorful sticky notes pasted with Kris' messages and his masterpieces (Kris prefers calling his drawings 'masterpieces').

Happy Birthday, beautiful

She then looked at the dining room. The dining table is full of her favorite food. She smelled something burning and rushed to the kitchen only to see Kris holding a black cake on a tray with a sad face.

"Your cake............... it burned." Kris said in a disappointed look but Dianne hugged him tight that the burned cake fell down on the floor.

They ate all of Kris' delicious cooked foods together with Dianne always complimenting the taste. Simple yet complex.

"Happy Birthday, Dianne. Now, make a wish!" Kris said happily while looking at Dianne. Luckily, Kris baked an edible cupcake and put a candle on it. Dinne closed her eyes and wished.

I wish that we can last forever.

Dianne blew the light on the candle and Kris clapped happily.

"What did you wished for?" Kris asked curiously.

"It's a secret. of course." Dianne said, a matter-of-fact. Kris pouted. They both ate the cupcakes.

 

After eating, Kris asked Dianne for a short slow dance and the girl agreed and took the boy's hand. Dianne put her arms on Kris' broad shoulders and Kris put his hands on Dianne's waist. They stayed like that and danced slowly while slow musics are playing.

"Thank you, Kris," Dianne said while swaying slowly with Kris.

"For what?" Kris asked.

"For these. For everything." Kris smiled at this.

That night, they took each other's first kiss. Slow, passionate kiss that has a spark lighter than the fireworks.

It's all because of love...

There's a time when Kris' tender side showed, it's the times when Kris's stress from school works or job. All night crying in Dianne's arms. Dianne sincerely comforts him.

Then there's the arguments. One time, Kris stubbornly ignores Dianne. He said he needed some space. Dianne reacts back by saying that she isn't suffocating Kris. But Kris is so hard-headed and continued to ignore her. She gave up and ran outside, wet tears falling down her eyes.

Kris, worried about her, chased her until he found her sitting at the house's garden, still crying.

Kris hugged her and apologized so many times. Blaming him for doing and saying immature things. Dianne forgave him.

Kris promised that he will never make her cry again.

They both celebrated their 11th monthsary in the park with Dianne's dog on the leesh. They bicycled until they're tired and rested under the big tree. Kris rested his head on Dianne's lap while she is reading her new book.

"Isn't she lovely?" Kris smiled while Dianne's hair. Dianne also smiled and put down her book.

"Hey..." Dianne said with a pout and poked Kris' nose. Their noisy laughter could only be heard in the park.

"I can't wait for the day when we'll exchange vows and where I can accept to take care of you forever." Kris said.

Time passed and their kisses and hugs didn't last long, saying frequent 'bye-byes' and seldom 'i love yous' and 'i miss yous'. Maybe it's just because they alway say that to each other in the past.

They always deny the fact that they're going farther and farther away from each other.

On their 3rd anniversary, Kris bought Dianne large blue teddy bear and bouquet of red roses. They ate on their favorite restaurant. Dianne always says to Kris that she didn't like buying her gifts because she feel a little burdened and this is the first time Kris bought her something as a gift and not putting an effort to give her -as Kris always says- the best gift that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter