About Us; Heart and What It Wants

Runaway Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
[CONTENTID1]About Us; Heart and What It Wants[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

 

Featuring Son Naeun x Kim Jongin x Jung Soojung x Kim Myungsoo

 

Sometimes happy ending is not the only part of life story.

Sometimes people only have to take whatever ending life gives to them.

 

Time machine would be great, she thinks. The fantasy of taking a journey back to the past―far, far away―does give Son Naeun a chill and expectation. Maybe far until the exact winter when she suddenly appeared. She would disappear earlier, then.

Usually, Saturday morning like this would be filled with warmth and laughter―some mean jokes and few light punches―at the backyard of her house, or in the study room of them. Now Naeun can only biting her lips in gloom, alone at her empty bedroom while they could be anywhere.

The younger Kim is possibly at Jung’s residence. Of course.

The older Kim maybe at his room too?

If only there was really a time machine, maybe―just maybe―Naeun could stop the three of them to meet Jung Soojung.

And this Saturday morning would be like the usual Saturday morning the three have spent.

*

It was seven years ago, the three childhood friends were welcoming a new member. Kim Myungsoo, Son Naeun, and Kim Jongin called her ‘Soojungie’―a friendly way of calling name to make their new neighbor opened up and would play with them.

“Soojungie, do you like dancing to Nobody song? Because hyung and Naeunnie are lazy to remember the moves.”

And little Jongin taught little Soojung how to dance the famous hit track of Wonder Girls.

“Soojungie, is red your favorite color? You look really good in red.”

And little Myungsoo gave little Soojung something red as a gift. Every time.

“Soojungie, how about play dress up in my bedroom?”

And little Naeun shared with little Soojung how to be pretty.

 

It was seven days before Jongin, Naeun, and Soojung’s graduation. A moment to cherish before leaving the-boring-high-school-uniform forever as Myungsoo ever told was all Naeun thought, but she was left at the school hall after some preparation for the ceremony. Jongin grabbed Soojung’s hand and walked away, telling her he got something to talk to Soojung only.

Naeun’s heart felt a sting sensation and she wondered why.

“Naeun-ah, since you’ll go to university sooner, will you be my girlfriend?”

That was absurd and confusing for Naeun to get the linked idea about her being university student related to be his girlfriend.

Nevertheless, she understood why the weird feeling earlier when being left out by Jongin and Soojung.

“I am sorry oppa. But I like Jonginnie.”

 

It was three days before graduation ceremony for Naeun to feel the difference between them. Between Jongin and Soojung, between Myungsoo and herself, and clearly, between Jongin and Myungsoo. The Kim siblings who usually a great duo now chose to do a great solo instead.

“Naeun-ah, where is Jonginnie?” The four of them should meet up at the usual café like how their usual Thursday’s going, but the abstain of the boys was a rare sight.

“Don’t you think it’s you who should know where he was?” There’s a bit regret that what Naeun had said seemed harsh, and bitter.

Soojung looked offended. “Why should I?”

There was a tense staring contest between the two beauties which made them felt awkward for the first time. Even their first meeting as stranger couldn’t be any worst than this. Both Naeun and Soojung broke their gaze at the same time, and for the first time they felt like stranger to each other.

“And Myungsoo oppa can’t be contacted.” Soojung stated dryly, while looking at her phone solemnly.

That reminded Naeun with her rejection, and she somewhat felt guilty.

“Maybe he won’t come.” Naeun replied dryly too.

Across her, Soojung eyed her suspiciously. “And that’s because?”

Naeun gulped. “Maybe he’s busy? College’s life is different with high school’s days, remember?” She sent Soojung an awkward chuckle.

Soojung pouted. “But how come? We four should take a picture today as our last time being high schoolers, we promised to do it this Thursday, right?”

Naeun could only nod, agreed with Soojung. After all, they already wore Woollim High’s uniform to commemorate their last time wearing that monotone plain dark blue blazer and skirt.

They ended up at photo booth to take picture of their selves without the boys. Sitting formally and smiled oddly, the machine made a snap sound before the result came out.

Both Naeun and Soojung didn’t recognize the girls who stared back at them when the two checked the photo.

*

“Naeunnie, why are you still there? We have to go now.” For a moment Naeun spares her glance at her mother, who has scowling look in her eyes.

“Yes umma.” Sighing, she followed her mother with her luggage on her hand.

“By the way Honey, it’s not like you to agree moving out with us. Why?” Her mother throws a sudden question which Naeun really dislikes to answer.

“Because it’s time.” Naeun’s lips make a thin smile as she puts her luggage in the car. Her father is already inside with the driver beside him.

“Time? What time?” Confused is heard clearly from her mother’s tone, but Naeun just hums in response.

Taking a last glance to her house, Naeun whispers sadly.

“It’s time for me to disappear.”

*

College life was not as busy as Naeun predicted, and she blamed Myungsoo to share fake information with her. She enrolled in the same university as Jongin’s while Soojung chose to follow the eldest in the group. The group which would be broken anytime though.

And it didn’t change the unfriendly, tensed situation between them, be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter