Final

Anticipation

                                                         

            Lu Han tapped her feet on the tiled floor impatiently, her bottom seated on the toilet cover, holding the stick in her hands. She blinked repeatedly, her nimble fingers trembling as she waited anxiously for the medical stick to respond.

                       

            She had been anticipating this moment for an agonizingly slow amount of time. Every time her husband and her would try, she knew she failed as the stick beeped, showing a negative sign.

           

            And even with the unbearable news, her husband held her in his arms, every time, saying, "We can keep trying, Lu Han."

 

            Lu Han felt like she disappointed her husband every time she would let the word slip. The look of sorrow on his face that would briefly disappear within two seconds and he would embrace her again, assuring her there would be other chances.

           

            She breathed deeply as she looked up at the ceiling, her palms becoming sweaty. In the silence of the penthouse, the faint sound of the television rung throughout. She could hear her heartbeat thumping in her ears. She scrunched her face up, nails digging into the skin of her palm.

           

            Finally, the stick beeped, making Lu Han jump in surprise and causing her to drop it. She sighed, rubbing the sides of her head tiredly. She glanced at the stick longingly as it laid face down on the tiled floor. As Lu Han hesitantly and slowly picked it up, she swallowed the huge lump that formed in , just waiting for the denied answer once again.

           

            Surprisingly, the answer was something she did not expect.

 

            Heat pooled in her stomach as Lu Han read the sign she had been waiting to see for the past six months. The positive sign beamed up at her, practically almost smiling up at her as Lu Han bit her lip, grinning. The blood in her system rushed to her ears, cheeks, and upper body. She felt warm all over, and balloons of happiness rose within her, something she hadn't felt in a long while.

 

            As soon as Lu Han became excited enough, she soon realized that the first positive tests weren't always reliable or true. She'd have to keep testing.

 

           

 

            Later that night, Lu Han and her beloved husband of two years, Oh Sehun, sat down for dinner, Lu Han poking at her pasta with her fork distractedly. She didn't know if she should tell Sehun the (slightly) good news.

 

            "Honey?" Sehun called worriedly, looking up at his wife. Lu Han snapped her head up at Sehun's voice, eyes wide and slightly glassy.

 

            "Huh?"

 

            Sehun arched an eyebrow, setting his fork down on the table. "Is there something bothering you?"

 

            Lu Han's mouth opened but then closed, swallowing air soon after. She inhaled sharply, picking up the napkin in her lap and wiping pristinely.

 

            "Okay, Sehun, I, uh, have good news," Lu Han started hesitantly, placing her clammy hands on the glass dining table. "Sort of."

 

            Sehun gulped nervously, cocking his head. His heartbeat picked up a bit and his tongue swept over his dry, bottom lip. "Go ahead."

 

            Lu Han's mouth became dry as she spoke. "I took the pregnancy test today."

Sehun's ears seemed to perk up even more than they already were.

           

            "And?"

 

            "It came out positive," Lu Han let out a breathy chuckle, her eyes slightly crinkling up into half-moons.

 

            Sehun nearly flipped the table. He threw his lap napkin onto the table, his rare smile spreading wide across his lips, his eyes nearly closing as they turned into pretty crescents. "That's great, darling!"

 

            "Yeah, it is. Especially after trying for six months," Lu Han smiled a small but meaningful smile as she looked down, playing with her manicured fingers. After, she mumbled quietly to herself, hoping Sehun wouldn't hear. "But.."

 

            She didn't need to look at Sehun to see his smile drooping and fading away as he walked over to her side, and bending down on his knees, stretching his dress pants. He held Lu Han's smooth, delicate hands in his.

 

            "But what, Lu Han?" He said, the icy, hard demeanor swimming back into his eyes. His eyebrows pulled to the middle, creating unattractive lines on his forehead. Lu Han reached out, gently sliding her finger over his small forehead.

 

            "Don't do that, Sehunnie," She said in a small, breathy voice. "It creates wrinkles."

           

            Sehun's face loosened in emotion, his face completely blank and unreadable. He rubbed his thumb over Lu Han's knuckles, his knees weakening and his breathing becoming uneven as tension rose between him and Lu Han.

 

            "What's wrong, Lu Han?" He asked as steadily and calmly as he could. Lu Han sighed, closing her eyes, her naturally long eyelashes caressing the apples of her cheeks.

 

            "This was the first time it came out positive," Lu Han started again, her toes curling in her ballerina flats. "T-the first times aren't always correct."

 

            By the way Sehun cocked his head to the side, his face still blank, Lu Han knew he didn't understand.

 

            "It means, it could be wrong, and I'm not really pregnant," Lu Han said timidly, biting her bottom lip. "Usually, by the third or fourth time it comes out positive, it's assuring."

 

            Sehun let out a sigh of relief, eyes rolling to the back of his head almost. "So, that just means we have to-"

 

            "We have to keep trying." Lu Han finished, smiling a small smile once again, her big doe-like eyes shining brightly back at Sehun. The man chuckled lightly, inhaling deeply and kissing his wife's hands affectionately. He felt fireworks go off in his stomach as he took in the sight of his beautiful wife. Lengthy, wavy, chocolate brown, hair fell down to her plump s, her divine, brown, doe eyes, her pink, soft, lips. And last but not least, her incredible and beautiful soul.     

 

           

           

                       

            Sehun stood stiffly by the window, his arms crossed, and his pen touched his lips. He tapped it against his bottom lip in thought. That whole day, he was thinking a lot - perhaps a little too much. His mind wandered on about everything, starting from his family down to Lu Han. He was worried. Was Lu Han not capable to have a baby? Did she have a problem? Is it genetic? Did they have to adopt?

 

            Sehun's head pounded, feeling a headache wash over his head like a wave of a hurricane. He closed his eyes, sighing tiredly. He shuffled over to his desk chair, sinking into it and shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose.

 

            "Boss," His long-term assistant, Kyungsoo, called as he rushed in, his breath ragged. Sehun glanced at the other man's occupied hands and saw a bright pink sticky note. "Mr. Wu wants your file updates ASAP."

 

            Kyungsoo stuck the note on Sehun's desk calendar firmly, patiently crossing his hands in front of himself after. Sehun read the bold, angry writing sprawled across the paper.

 

Where are your file updates, Oh Sehun?! I better have them by Monday morning, 9 AM SHARP!

-Wu Yifan

 

            Sehun grumbled exasperatedly, pressing the palms of his hand into his eyes and rubbing them until he saw spots and miniature fireworks.

 

            "Ugh, I completely forgot this," The man growled, adding 'Wu Yifan' onto the list of things he needed to be stressed about. "There has been so much going on lately."

 

            He his laptop, and started typing a reassuring email to Yifan. He hadn't realized he had been typing quicker than the speed of light when Kyungsoo's motherly-like voice spoke up.

 

            "Is everything alright, Mr. Oh?" He asked shyly, smiling timidly. Sehun continued to type furiously, not hearing Kyungsoo's soothing voice. "Mr. Oh!"

 

            Kyungsoo placed a hand gently on Sehun's, causing the other man to stop typing. The latter's hand was warm and Sehun exhaled deeply at the comforting touch. He had been stressed the entire day, and even the smallest gesture seemed to calm him down.

 

            "Mr. Oh," Kyungsoo repeated, slowly this time, his big brown eyes glancing up at his boss. "Are you okay?"

 

            Sehun's eyebrows were pulled to the middle, until he released all tension built up in his body by inhaling and exhaling slowly. He felt the huge weight on his shoulders being lifted off as Kyungsoo rub his arm with his free hand.

           

            "It's Lu Han." Sehun stated simply, retracting his hands from the keyboard. Kyungsoo widened his eyes in realization, pulling his hands away.

 

            "Are you two having.. marital problems?" He dared to ask although he knew that Lu Han and Sehun were very much happy together and thought nothing could possibly tear them apart. When Kyungsoo asked, Sehun's eyes widened in horror.

 

            "No, of course not!" He said loudly, blinking. Sehun could just imagine Lu Han and him arguing, screaming and yelling at each other. The image brought back memories of his previous marriage and sent shivers down his spine. "It's just.. Lu Han and I are trying to have a baby. She's failed the pregnancy test multiple times. And now,"

 

            Sehun swallowed the lump in his throat and his tongue swiped across his dry lips. "We're afraid we won't be able to even have a baby."

 

            Kyungsoo frowned, mouth opening then closing, not knowing what to say to comfort his boss. He took a deep breath, looking into his boss's normal stone-cold eyes.

           

            And for once, in his four years of working at EXO Corporations, he saw vulnerability swimming in the depth of Oh Sehun's eyes.

 

            Kyungsoo felt his heart drop to his stomach as he watched a drop of water drip down Sehun's cheek, his mouth gaping slightly. Sehun frowned, scrunching his face up in frustration once again, clenching his hands into fists, and pounded them onto his mahogany desk.

 

            "I will never be able to give what Lu Han wants!" He boomed, his voice cracking in anger. He stood up and curled his slim fingers in his auburn-colored hair and tugged harshly at his roots. He growled fiercely like a rabid dog, which soon made his heart wrench and his head ache ever so painfully. He soon found himself on the floor, his back sliding against the windows, sobbing into his sweaty palms.

 

            He could never provide anything good enough for Lu Han -- his own wife. He knew nothing he did would ever be enough to make his wife happy. Even though Lu Han assured him (every single day) that he was the best man she had ever met and that they would be together forever, Sehun wasn't able to guarantee that something could set the both of them off; having to end up sending their future child back and forth from their homes.

 

            Kyungsoo nearly tripped over his own feet as he scrambled over to his boss, settling down next to him and wrapping his arms around Sehun's shoulders. He rubbed his hands down Sehun's toned arms. The man's body shook as he let out silent, but shaky cries, an uncomfortable heat washing over him as his fingernails dug into the skin of his palms in embarrassment.

 

            Kyungsoo nibbled on his bottom lip nervously before saying, "Mr. Oh, y-you're a great person. You are an incredible husband. If it weren't for you, Lu Han wouldn't be as happy as she had been when she was young. You need to know that Lu Han needs you and that she would not want to live her life if you weren't in hers. She loves you. She needs you. It's pretty obvious. All the guys in the office see how she falls head over heels if she sees you smile or laugh. Your happiness is her happiness too.

 

            "It's like she's falling in love all over again."

 

            Sehun lifted his head up, thinking it was strange how it felt like his head weighed a thousand pounds. His mouth quivered as he tried to speak up.

 

            "Do you really think so?" He asked quietly, failing at his attempt. His eyes burned as he blinked. Kyungsoo smiled cheekily, nodding eagerly.

 

            "Yeah, I really do, Sehun-- Oops sorry! I meant, Mr. Oh!" He exclaimed, his eyebrows furrowed and his face heating up. "I apologize, Mr. Oh, I didn't mean to-"

 

            Sehun chuckled, holding a hand up to shut the other up, and he complied. "Hoobae, it's alright."

 

            The other man smiled, cocking his head. Sehun turned his body to him and enveloped him in an attempted bear hug, almost squeezing the life out of Kyungsoo.

 

            "Thanks, Kyungsoo."

 

            The younger wished that Sehun could see the biggest grin that spread across his lips.

 

 

           

           

            Sehun stepped into his penthouse, closing and locking the door behind him. The house was dead silent except the sound of the strong wind hitting against the tall windows.

 

            "Lu Han?" Sehun called loudly, his voice echoing throughout the abode. He toed out of his dress shoes, his feet padding across the hardwood floors as he entered the open living room. The television was not playing, which was unusual because Lu Han normally watched movies and tv shows around eight PM.

 

            The kitchen was empty, along with the family room, the laundry room, and the bathroom downstairs. Sehun sprinted up the stairs, nearly tripping as he made his way towards the bedroom. He sighed in relief as he saw Lu Han standing with her back to him, but Sehun could see her beautiful face as she stood in front of the mirror. She was fixing her hair, picking up her brush and combing through her flawless auburn hair.

           

            Lu Han grinned brightly at him, the corner of her eyes crinkling; her smile so dazzling it almost blinded her husband. With that, Sehun made his way towards his darling wife and circled his arms around her petite waist. He nuzzled his nose in her long, smooth neck and inhaled her honey and lavender scent.

 

            "How come you didn't reply when I called your name?" He questioned worriedly, curling his fingernails into her sheer blouse. He pressed a gentle kiss on her neck. "I was so afraid you were gone or got kidnapped."

 

            Lu Han giggled, finishing up with her hair and setting the brush down. She leaned back into her husband's embrace, placing her small hands on top of Sehun's. "I'm sorry, darling, I didn't hear. I was singing."

 

            "I must've drowned your voice out." She laughed slyly, scrunching up her button nose as she winked. Sehun laughed whole-heartedly, closing his eyes and feeling butterflies awakening in his stomach.

 

            Only Lu Han could do that.

 

            "Did you miss me while I was gone, honey?" Sehun mumbled into her neck, his lips and intentionally her neck also. Lu Han lightly slapped the side of his thigh, smiling cunningly. The other's lips curled up in a crooked smile. Lu Han drew in a deep breath and turned around in Sehun's embrace, cradling the sides of his face. Her husband's hands stayed glued to her waist.

 

            Lu Han squished her hands together, making Sehun's lips form in an awkward yet cute pout.

 

            "I missed you so much, Oh Sehun." Lu Han sighed, eyes locking into an intense stare with Sehun's, which returned with a look of deep affection, something Sehun rarely showed.

 

            "I love you, Lu Han," Sehun said clearly, making his wife retract her hands, pull his hands away from her waist, and clasp them in her warm grasp. He looked down at their tangled hands, and saw their rings shining in the bright light together. Then he glanced back up at her. "I always have, and always will."

 

            Lu Han's mouth quivered, her nose twitched, and tears threatened to shed. But she breathed in, and smiled so breathtakingly, Sehun swore he felt his breath hitch in his throat. She leaned in and kissed Sehun so passionately and slowly, he heard fireworks go off in his head and warmth explode all over his body.

 

            Soon enough, Lu Han pulled away and rested her forehead against Sehun's. And that's when her tears fell.

 

            "Until death do us part."

 

 

            Sehun and Lu Han laid sprawled out on the couch, Lu Han resting her tiny body on top of her husband's. Their hands intertwined, Sehun's large hand squeezing Lu Han's. They were silently watching a Korean drama until Lu Han spoke up.

 

            "Sehun-ah," She chirped airily. Her husband hummed in response, rubbing his feet on her toned calves. "I think we should start scrapbooking!"

 

            Sehun chuckled lowly. Sometimes, his wife thought of the most random things.

 

            "What makes you think that we should?"

 

            Lu Han shrugged, and smiled. "It's a fun project! Besides I am always so bored when I get home from work. I need something to work on."

 

            The man smiled and sat up, still holding Lu Han in his embrace. He ran his fingers through her long, wavy, brown hair.

 

            "Whatever you want, darling." Sehun said absent-mindedly as he smelled her coconut-scented hair. Lu Han always smelled good, no matter what. And that's one of the million reasons why he was in love with her.

 

            Suddenly, Lu Han sprung from Sehun's lap and raced up the stairs. The man sat there, waiting. And soon enough, she scurried back down with her new Canon camera, shuffling towards Sehun. She held her hand out, grinning splendidly again. She seems to be in a cheerful mood today, Sehun thought to himself.

 

            He accepted her hand then she tugged on his hand and dragged him towards the family room. She pushed him onto the Swedish grey, leather couch and her camera.

 

            "Wait here!" She squealed happily, and rushed back towards the foyer. Sehun sat there, confused. He heard a loud clang, assuming some stuff fell, but he ignored it. Lu Han began to run back, her voice echoing from the foyer.

 

            "Close your eyes, Sehun-ah!"

 

            With Sehun's confusion, he blinked before he fully closed his eyes and formed his lips in a straight line.

 

            "What is this about, Lu Han?" He asked, raising his voice so that his wife would be able to hear him. He heard footsteps approaching behind him.

 

            "This, honey." Sehun heard Lu Han say softly, before feeling a plastic bag being placed into his hands. He picked it up, his eyes still closed, and felt what was inside, and he felt his breath hitch.

 

            A stick was what he felt through the plastic, and it was thick and wide at the top and it got thinner and smaller at the end. It was definitely a pregnancy test.

 

            "W-wh-wha- Lu Ha-"

 

            He heard the camera whirring and the lens moving. "Okay Sehun-ah.. Open your eyes!"

 

            Sehun breathed shakily, his hands trembling before he slowly opened his eyes, and immediately looked down at his hands, and saw what he was waiting for-for six months.

 

            A positive sign flashed like bright lights, he could hear the fireworks go off in his head again. His jaw dropped and he felt his vision blur.

 

            The camera flashed and he jumped, forgetting about everything but Lu Han for a moment.

 

            He heard Lu Han's giggle echoing in his ear and he silently turned around, mouth still gaped. His wife giggled harder as she stared at the camera, holding her hand to . She turned to camera to Sehun's view, and he couldn't even laugh at the picture, still shocked.

 

            The picture showed Sehun's forehead as he looked down, with Lu Han's lips in a straight line, and her doe eyes squinted. She looked adorable.

 

            Once Lu Han stopped her silly antics, she set her camera down and smiled down at her husband, eyes filled with warmth, comfort, and happiness.

 

            Sehun finally gained the strength to speak. "Lu-Lu-H-Han, i-is this.. real?"

 

            Lu Han laughed softly, tears building up at the corners of her eyes. She nodded.

 

            "Yeah," She confirmed, running a hand through her soft hair. "It's real, Sehun."

 

            "I'm pregnant, Sehun."

 

            Sehun doesn't think he's ever jumped off a couch so quickly and ever kissed someone so lovingly ever in his entire life.

 

            Lu Han wrapped her arms around Sehun's neck, moving deeper and deeper within each movement of their heads. They pulled away for breath, the heat unbearable as they held each other close.

 

            "We're.. having a baby," Sehun breathed calmly, looking into Lu Han's innocent, doe eyes. Lu Han chuckled, her lips breaking out into a radiant smile.

 

            "Yeah," A tear rolled down her cheek as she laughed soulfully. "We're having a baby."

 

 

           

            Sehun looked through the photo album after work one day, completely exhausted. One photo, was of his lovely wife, who stood at the alter, looking beautiful with her white gown, as she stood with her father, and his father-in-law.

 

            He looked at the next photo. It was Sehun and Lu Han sharing their first kiss as a married couple under the garland arch. Lu Han's hands clasped on his neck and Sehun's hands held the sides of her face.

 

            Suddenly, the couch sunk beside him, and he saw Lu Han smiling cutely, her hair tied up in a messy bun. She was wearing no makeup, and she still looked beautiful from the day he met her.

 

            "What're you looking at?" Lu Han asked quietly, peeking at the book Sehun held. The man extended his hand, offering Lu Han to see and she did, holding the other side with her own clammy hand.  She giggled as she looked and skimmed through the photos, so did Sehun.

 

            The very last photo they encountered was of Sehun and Lu Han just a few years before, the familiar flash on Sehun's forehead, the surprised expression on his face, and Lu Han's cute expression.

 

            Lu Han giggled again. "Hey, I remember this."

 

            Sehun his wife's hair, kissing the top of her head, laughing. "Yeah, so do I."

 

            "This is when you found out about-"

 

            A timid knock at their bedroom door interrupted Lu Han's sentence, and it opened without Sehun's confirmation.

 

            A small boy, named Xiumin, appeared at the door, holding a teddy bear in his arms. His eyes were big, and glassy.

 

            "Can I sleep with you, Mommy? I had a bad dream," Xiumin hiccupped, clutching on tighter to his stuffed bear.

 

            Sehun and Lu Han looked at each other, laughing whole-heartedly. Lu Han got underneath the covers, and moved to the side.

 

            "Of course you can, sweetie," Lu Han said sweetly, her voice dripping with honey. She rubbed at her eyes tiredly and yawned. "Hop in."

 

            Xiumin grinned, his two front teeth showing, and he raced towards the king-sized bed, and jumped in it, cuddling up next to Sehun. He rested his head on Sehun's shoulders and looked up at his father.

 

            "Hi, Daddy," Xiumin said simply, grinning cheekily. Sehun couldn't help but laugh, ruffling his son's long hair. He pressed a kiss on his Xiumin's forehead.

 

            "Go to bed, Champ," Sehun said lowly, grinning widely. He knew if he looked at Xiumin's gummy smile, he would give in to letting his son stay up longer. "Your first day of second grade is tomorrow!"

 

            Xiumin cheered, getting under the covers, and bringing them up to his chest. His teddy lay next to him. "Yeah I know! I am so excited, Daddy!"

 

            He turned toward his mother. "Goodnight, Mommy! I love you!" Then he shifted his body and gaze to his father.

 

            "Goodnight, Daddy! I love you!"

 

            With that, he fell asleep within two minutes, while Mommy and Daddy stayed up and watched him fall asleep like an angel. As soon as Lu Han got tired, she yawned once again and held Xiumin in her arms as she began to close her eyes.

 

            "Goodnight, darling," She whispered.

 

            Sehun leaned forward and pressed a loving kiss to her forehead and Xiumin's, closing his eyes.

 

            "Goodnight, my love."

 

            Both of them soon fell asleep, holding each other's hands as they drifted off into dreamland.

 


A/N- I apologize if it sounds sort of rushed at the night, I was really tired and I had to finish it before bed, I really don't know why. OTL

Yeah, it's not LJ quality but it's worth a shot oof. I think this is pretty good, in my opinion, it's alright. (:

I hope you guys think the same! I worked really hard on it oh my gosh, I pushed myself so hard omg. With pushing myself really hard to complete a story, it took me about 2-3 days to finish this, wow. Haha, well please subscribe and comment feedback! It's my first HunHan story because HunHan makes my sob. 

I love you guys so much, thanks again! (:

VisionOfPerfection