O4. On the Brightside ◄

→ ♥ Heart Shattering Chaos ♪ [semi-hiatus ;~~;]

“Are you crying?” Hyosung felt the heat rising in her cheeks as she scrambled over to the flower pots her brother insisted on keeping for some unknown reason. A chuckle tickled her ears. “Are you watering the plants with your tears?”

Who was this guy? Who did he think he was that he could speak to her so?!

Hyosung laid her eyes on a guy who rivaled Jonghun in appearance. He wasn’t the tallest person she’s ever seen…well, he was actually short for a guy, but his raven black hair was unkempt, blessing him with a iness that only seemed natural to him.

She had meant to snap back at him, but words were having a hard time finding their way out of . Instead, she just glared at him – ice daggers right through his smirk.

“Why are you staring at me like that for? It’s creepy.” He sat down on a stool and Hyosung noticed for the first time that an acoustic guitar was leaning against another chair.

“…sorry.”

A small smile appeared on his face. “It was weird, but I didn’t hate it.” He picked up the guitar and strummed a few strings. “Would you like to hear a song? I’m not really good at playing the guitar, but I have confidence in my singing.”

Before she could deny his offer, he started playing.

"I met a man of two feet tall
This man was quite ambitious
In a world that is so vicious to us all
I said, "Hi," as he replied
He said, "Listen to these words
That I have lived by my whole life

You're only as tall as your heart will let you be
And you're only as small as the world will make you seem
When the going gets rough and you feel like you may fall
Just look on the brightside - you're roughly six feet tall"

I met a man of 12 feet tall
He towered like a giant
In a world that was defiant of his height
I said, "Hi," as he replied
He said, "Listen to these words
That I have dreaded my whole life

"You're only as tall as your heart will let you be
And you're only as small as the world will make you seem
When the going gets rough and you feel like you may fall
Just look on the brightside - you're roughly six feet tall."

I am a man of six feet tall
Just looking for some answers
In a world that answers none of them at all
I'll say, "Hi," but not reply
To the letters that you write
Because I found some peace of mind

Cause I'm only as tall as my heart will let me be
And I'm only as small as the world will make me seem
When the going gets rough and I feel like I may fall
I'll look on the brightside - I'm roughly six feet tall.

Hyosung clapped loudly, not even realizing that her tears had stopped flowing since she was too touched by his sweet voice. “That was amazing!”

“Thanks.” He stood up and bowed, laughing slightly. Locking eyes with her, he asked, “Feeling better?”

She nodded and gave him her best eye smile. “I do, thank you.”

“Then it looks like my job here is done.” He glanced at her sprained ankle. “Do you need some help getting to your floor?”

“No, I don’t…I’ll be okay!” Despite the meaningful presentation the guy had just performed, the pain in her ankle had significantly risen.  She didn’t notice how much ankle had been throbbing before since she was too wrapped in the music, but now that she didn’t have anything to concentrate on, the discomfort hit her full on.

And apparently he was able to see right through her lie.

“You’re not okay. Your face says it all.” He sighed and took a step towards the door. “But if you absolutely don’t need my help, I’ll be going.”

Hyosung looked away and said quietly, “I’m sure…”

A group of clouds blocked the sunlight, casting a dark shadow on them. In the distance, a low rumbling could be heard, and that was Hyosung’s signal to go inside. She hobbled over to the door.

“You…” He shook his head and stopped speaking, opening the door for her to go through.

“Thanks.” Hyosung mumbled as she passed him. They walked in silence all the way to Hyosung’s floor. Every time she glanced behind her shoulder, he was there. When she stopped at her door, he was still there. “Are you following me?”

“No, I’m not.” To prove his point he unlocked the door across from her and opened it. “Hi, I’m your new neighbor, Lee Kikwang! Please take care of me.”

“Huh?”

- x -

 

author's note: it's a short chapter :( I'm sorry! I'm a freshman in college so I've been busy a lot these past few days D: And my classes start tomorrow so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to update but I'm not dropping this story at all! There will be updates! I couldn't find a picture of Kikwang with a guitar D: Anyways, I LOVE YOU GUYS!

chapter title credit: NeverShoutNever - On the Brightside [check it out since it was the song I had Kikwang play~]

 

PS: thank you emi_martini, annerlin6, Arinaa-chan, RosieBear, tbnklove, and jolove02 for subscribing