O2. Show Me Your Secret Paradise ◄

→ ♥ Heart Shattering Chaos ♪ [semi-hiatus ;~~;]

Hyosung stared out at the balcony windows, watching Jonghun crossed the streets to the market. She was starting to envy him a bit; his apartment was not only contemporary, but he also lived in a great area with the market and their university only a few minutes away.

“You live well, don’t you?”

To Hyosung, Jonghun definitely left an impression of someone who had his way ever since he was born. Perhaps the youngest sibling out of five children or something, a spoiled brat who did things as he pleased with the comfort of knowing he’ll be taken care of if anything drastic ever happened to him.

She felt mean for painting an ill picture of him, but she couldn’t help the thoughts that crossed her mind. And yet her heart still swayed for him, somewhat. He must have been really cute when he was a kid…

Memories of her past rushed through her mind, from her carefree childhood to her hectic adolescent years – she couldn’t shake these reminiscences off of her, no matter what. She had to take them on with no regrets and let the tears fall. There were a lot of things that happened to Hyosung that made her crumble into a waterfall of memories, but what made her lose composure each time was losing the two best friends she ever had.

Zinger had passed away…and then the other one had just…

After a few minutes of shaky sobs, Hyosung pulled herself together. What was she doing crying in some guy’s apartment – a guy she had just met too! Granted, Jonghun wasn’t there to witness this pitiful sight. However, that still didn’t justify her crying in a stranger-turned-acquaintance-now-classmate-and-potential-crush’s house.

“Aigoo~” Hyosung glanced around the living room, her eyes landing on the picture frames hanging around on the walls. On a closer look, there seemed to be a transition from a baby Jonghun to the man he is now. “Yah…he was a really pretty baby.” The last picture was of Jonghun and a pretty girl, hugging on a beach as if they weren’t ever going to see each other again.

A slight pang of jealousy hit her even though it was foolish of her to feel that way. Seeing the beauty with Jonghun made Hyosung feel inferior like she could never match him in the way that girl did. That was how life was – cruel and unfair.

Jerking her eyes away from the picture, Hyosung limped her way into the next room which happened to be the master bedroom. There was a little more color in this room compared to the living room. The sheets on the bed were a deep scarlet red, contrasting harshly with the white walls; maroon curtains shaded the window as red décor surrounded the mounted TV on the wall. But what surprised Hyosung the most was the fact that the room was relatively neat in the OCD kind of way.

She wondered if he was the same with his clothes. It was a weird thought for her to have, but she couldn’t help wandering over to the grand dresser. Her hand hovered over the handle.

Curiosity did kill the cat…but that was because the cat wasn’t being smart. Jonghun was out of the apartment right now and Hyosung would be able to hear if he came in so the opportunity was golden!

Just one peek!Hyosung yanked the drawer opened and her eyes widened to the size of the sun. She honestly didn’t mean to choose the drawer with his boxers. It was as if she was looking into underwear heaven since most of the fabric appeared to be satin or maybe even silk. Gingerly, she picked up a plain midnight blue one. The feeling of it was cool to her fingertips. She kind of wanted to put it up to her face and let her cheek indulge in it as well. Instead, she folded it and put it back where it was, staring at it. And then she did it. Her cheek was now a happy camper.

Jeon Hyosung. This girl was being a full on ert. Shameless.

“Oh, what is wrong with me?!” Hyosung flung the flimsy clothing back into the drawer and shut it with an embarrassing blush. She limped back to the main room and flopped onto the couch. “I’m such a ert!”

“You’re a what?” The rustling of grocery bags mixed in with Jonghun’s velvety voice made Hyosung jump out of fright.

“I-I’m n-nothing…what? Ha…ha…he…” Hyosung laughed awkwardly and covered her face with her hands. There was no way she could look at him straight now. Well, she wasn’t able to look at such a handsome face earlier without any problems earlier, but now it was worse. She just couldn’t help but imagine those blue boxers on him.

He shot her a suspicious look. “Did you break something?”

“Aniyo! Promise.”

“For some reason, I find it hard to believe you.” He started to take his grocery out of the bags, placing them next to each other on the counter. After he was finished, he walked over to her and placed his hands on her cheeks, making her lock eyes with him. “What did you break?”

Since she was so close to him, having a freaking staring contest with him, she was absolutely speechless. “I-I-I…”

“Geez, relax!” Jonghun laughed. “I believe you; I was just teasing. You like spaghetti right?” He let go of her and stood up, his hand stretched out towards her. Hyosung, however, refused to acknowledge him. Her heart wanted to burst out of her chest since it was drowning in humiliation.

He grabbed her hand gently and pulled her up. “Come help me.”

Hyosung let out a sigh. “Okay…I will.”

She followed him to the kitchen, his hand still holding onto hers. When they reached the counter, Hyosung checked out the ingredients he bought for the spaghetti. It seemed like he had everything except for one key ingredient.

“Where are the noodles? Do you already have some?” To answer her question, Jonghun gave her a confused look. And then his mouth turned into an ‘O.’

“I don’t have any…do I need them?”

“Yes.” She should have known Jonghun would be clueless when it came to cooking. Now that she thought about it, she should have convinced him to let her go with him to the market or better yet went out to a café instead. But, for some reason, Jonghun had to insist on making lunch.

“Now I don’t feel like cooking anymore. Let’s go out to eat.” Jonghun flashed a sheepish smile.

“Okay.”

With Jonghun’s help, Hyosung made her way down the stairs since the elevators were currently in maintenance. It was painful limping to the nearby café, but somehow, Hyosung made it with no sweat on her brows. Thank goodness for small favors, she would have hated to be a hot mess in front of Jonghun.

Just as she settled into a booth, her phone rang. Jonghun gestured for her to pick it up.

“Yah, Jeon Hyosung! Come home now, it’s an emergency!” It was her brother.

- x -

author's note: hehe, I had fun writing this chapter. I love Jonghun so much even though he's a little...yeah x] in the next chapter, I will be introducing more characters~ it's a slow start, but I'm pulling through ^_^
also, question: is the font too hard/small to read? It's fine for me...but people are different, right? Please tell me so I can make it more comfortable for you guys~ ^^ <3

chapter title credit: Kato Shigeaki & Koyama Keiichiro (NEWS) - Chirarizumu

PS: thank you to koppeemuch, JessyJane, and jijie_lee for subscribing

PSS: I am totally guilty of imagining Jonghun in those y blue boxers...hehe, maybe xD (I'm not really a ert, you guys~x] ) ♥