-

When the rain stops
Daehyun knocked on the door again.
-- Please, open this, Yongjae! I can explain!
-- Explain what? -- Yongjae shouted, his voice not hiding the fact he was still crying. -- I saw everything! Extra vocal training? Do you think I am stupid? How many times have you used this excuse to meet with that girl?!
-- I wasn't... I really had extra vocal training! But then, she asked me to make her company until she got home and I...
-- Oh, you are so kind, mr. Jung Daehyun! -- Yongjae said in a sarcastic tone. -- You even kissed the young lady goodbye, didn't you?!
-- She did it! She kissed me so suddenly and I... -- Daehyun tried to explain.
-- And you didn't even try to resist! Really, the gentleman Daehyun can't break a girl's heart!
Daehyun didn't answer, feeling guilty.
-- Please, forgive me, Yongjae. You know you're the only one I love. -- he finally said, with a soft and quiet voice.
-- Am I? I don't know anymore. I don't know you anymore, Jung Daehyun.
-- Please, don't say it, Yongjae. -- Daehyun begged.
-- Go away, Daehyun! I don't want to see your face or hear your voice ever again.
-- You are breaking up with me?
-- You still ask? Disappear from my life!
Daehyun slowly walked away, to the stairs, to leave the building, feeling sad and heartbroken. But he didn't cry. "I know it's not like this, Yongjae. Our story isn't over yet, it can't be! We are meant to be together." As soon as he got out of the building, it started raining. As if even the sky could feel his sadness. "Why was I so stupid??"
Meanwhile, inside his apartment, Yongjae lied on the couch, crying like he never did before... "Stupid Daehyun. I hate you, I hate you..."
 
The next day, Yongjae opened his mail only to find a new message from Daehyun. The subject was "Pictures I owe you". He just ignored it.
 
Days, weeks passed. Yongjae kept avoiding Daehyun, that didn't seem to be making an effort to contact him either. If they ever meet, they just ignored each other, passing by as if they were just strangers.
Their friends were really shocked by this. Those two used to be the cutest couple they've ever seen, how on earth could they just break up like that? The worst was that, while Yongjae seemed really depressed, Daehyun seemed to be doing fine.
They incidentally mentioned this to Yongjae, breaking the boy's heart even more.
Because he still loved Daehyun, and he hated himself for this.
 
Then, one day, bothered by always seeing that message from Daehyun on his mailbox, Yongjae finally decided to open it.
 
"From: Daehyun ([email protected])
 To: Yongjae ([email protected])
I was cleaning my computer and found these pictures of us that I promised to send you but forgot, and also some pictures of you I took without you knowing, I don't know if you will still want them or not, but I would feel guilty if I never sent them to you."
 
"Cleaning? Really, he moved on so fast...". Yongjae download the giant attachment, extracted the pictures and started looking at them.
The first one was a selca they took with Daehyun's phone on their first month anniversary together. They were so silly, and so happy...
 
At first, Yongjae didn't want to celebrate the occasion in a public space. They were still keeping their relationship secret, and Yongjae's parents didn't even know about his ual orientation yet. But he couldn't resist to Daehyun's cute face. In the end, they decided to invite a lot of their friends so that even if someone saw something, they couldn't say Yongjae and Daehyun were a couple.
Still students, the two young men only gave each other cute silly letters, wishing for their future together...
 
Not wanting to remember anymore, he skipped all the pictures of that day. Then, he found a picture of himself sleeping in what he recognized as Daehyun's room.
 
They had been dating for 8 months now, and were more in love with each other than ever. Almost all of their friends had already found out about their relationship (the couple made it really obvious some times), and now they wanted the whole world to know about them. Well, almost the whole world, for Yongjae. He knew his parents weren't the most tolerant people in the world. There was no way to avoid a fight.
-- What if they treat you badly? What if they forbid me to ever see you again?
-- Your parents love you, Yongjae. They can't be this intolerant, can they?
-- I'm scared, Daehyun.
-- Are you going to be scared for the rest of your life? Don't you love me enough to confront this fear?
That day, they had their worst fight until then. They almost broke up if it wasn't for a little incident...
Some "funny guy" managed to take a picture of the two kissing. They had been careless, they didn't think anyone would see it. The guy even posted it on facebook, along with rude comments and even made sure to tag the two to it. 
The worst was that Yongjae knew his mother couldn't go a day without facebook. 
To scared to go home, Yongjae ended in Daehyun's house, crying.
-- Yongjae? What are you...? Are you crying? -- Daehyun asked.
-- Dae... Picture... us... facebook... -- Yongjae tried saying.
Daehyun hugged the younger one. 
-- Calm down, darling. I saw it. Don't worry, we will solve this.
Daehyun invited him to stay over until he calmed down. He meet Daehyun's parents, and was surprised by how he was introduced.
-- Mom, Dad, this is Yongjae, the person I love the most in the world.
Yongjae found out Daehyun had already told his parents when they first started dating.
-- The first month was horrible. They didn't want to see my face. My father threatened to throw me out while my mother kept saying it was only a phase...
-- I could never guess... They were so kind to me just now...
-- It took time and it was hard, but now I think they finally accepted it.
-- Stupid! Why didn't you tell me anything? I could at least have supported you...
-- I didn't want you to worry...
Then, they discussed what to do next. 
-- You could say you lost a bet or... -- Daehyun suggested.
-- No. I won't run away this time. -- Yongjae said. -- You had the strenght to tell your parents. I should be able to do the same.
-- You don't need to force yourself... Sorry for what I said earlier...
-- No. You were right. I have to do this, or else I will be scared forever.
Yongjae spent the night at Daehyun's house and didn't pick up any of his parents' calls, still not ready to talk to them. The next day, he got home...
-- Yongjae! -- his mother hurried to hug him, her eyes teary. -- Where have you been?! We were so worried!
-- I'm sorry, Mom. I was at... a friend's house.
-- You could have called... -- his father joined the hug.
His parents didn't say anything about the picture. But Yongjae had to tell them, it was now or never.
-- T-that picture on facebook... About that...
-- Oh, we saw it... -- his mother said. -- These boys and their bad jokes...
-- It wasn't a joke... -- Yongjae said, his voice disappearing.
-- What?
-- It wasn't a joke. That boy, Daehyun... He is my boyfriend.
Some tense minutes of silence.
-- You're gay? -- his father asked, with a serious tone.
-- Y-yes...
-- F-for how long...? -- his mother asked.
-- I found out one year ago. Me and Daehyun have been dating for 8 months.
-- Oh my God! -- she exclaimed. -- All those times we made fun of these people and... you were one of them...
Yongjae looked down.
-- Has this guy stolen your ity? -- she suddenly asked.
-- No! -- Yongjae blushed. -- Yet... -- he added, almost whispering.
She started talking about protection when his father said:
-- I can't accept this!
-- Whatever you say won't stop me from loving him, Dad.
-- I won't allow you to meet this guy again until he come here to ask me for permission to date you.
Yongjae was surprised. He could see his parents weren't very comfortable with that, but they did their best to act normally. In the end of the day, he hugged the two of them and apologized.
-- You are our son. We will love you no matter what. 
 
The next pictures were from the first time Daehyun visited Yongjae's house. It seemed he had to take pictures of every single thing he saw. He formally asked for permission to date Yongjae that day, and even gave him a ring.
Yongjae noticed he was still wearing it. He had been doing that for so long that it was almost as if it was a part of his body. 
Then, pictures of the first time they went on a date without worrying about beeing seen, and many others after that. They could walk holding hands, kiss, take cute and romantic pictures outside. 
Their first Christmas together. Yongjae couldn't believe at the amount of pictures Daehyun took of that day. They spent some time at each of their houses. Daehyun was really happy he could have dinner twice. But he was even happier he could be with Yongjae.
The night ended at Yongjae's room. They lied down together. And all the cold and snow outside was nothing compared to the warm of the two bodies together...
Yongjae smiled sadly. He was starting to get emotional with all those memories.
The next ones were from the graduation day, and the prom. Yongjae thought Daehyun always looked cute, but with that suit he was more. He looked handsome. He looked hot. They danced like never before...
After graduation, they took a 2 weeks trip to Jeju, where they made unforgettable memories. Every moment was magic. Yongjae didn't even need to see the pictures to remember.
 
-- Do you really need to take so many? -- Yongjae complained, tired of taking pictures with each sea shell they stepped in. 
-- Some day, when we are two old guys that can't remember anything, you will be thankful.
 
-- Yongjae! Why don't we go swimming?
-- Go by yourself. You tired my beauty with all those pictures.
-- Please, don't be mad at me. I just want to record all the moments I spend with you. Come on, it will be no fun without you!
-- I'm not mad, Dae. I just... don't feel like swimming.
Daehyun noticed.
-- Yongjae... You can swim, can't you?
Yongjae's face got red. 
-- I will buy ice creams! Vanilla for me, chocolate for you, right?
-- Jae.
-- Alright, I'm going. -- he got up and directed to the ice cream shop, but Daehyun stopped him.
-- No way! You come with me! -- Daehyun said. 
-- But...
-- No buts. -- He back hugged Yongjae and whispered on his ear. -- Don't worry, I will protect you. 
-- You better pay me a double ice cream if you don't!
 
A beautiful twilight dyed the sky orange, purple and pink, and kissed the deep blue sea. Yongjae ate slowly his giant ice cream, while being looked by an hungry Daehyun.
-- I'm sorry, Yongjae! I did my best to avoid that wave!
-- Don't worry, silly. I already forgave you. -- Yongjae answered. 
-- Yaay! -- Daehyun exclaimed. He reached his hand to the ice cream, only to have it slapped by Yongjae.
-- Don't touch my ice cream!
-- But...
-- You owe me this for almost letting me drown. My. Ice. Cream.
Daehyun looked down. Feeling bad for him, Yongjae leaned and gave his boyfriend a sweet kiss.
 
Yongjae felt tears on his eyes. "He wanted to always remember everything... And now he forgot it all."
After that, both of them went to the same college. Yongjae studied engineering and Daehyun, medicine. The former was loving everything about his course while the later found out his wasn't for him. It was then that he joined a chorus group only as a hobby and discovered his vocation there. It was destiny: Daehyun not only fell in love with singing but also found out he had a natural talent for it. He had the singing voice of an angel, and could move the audience to tears.
He left college and started taking singing really seriously. Yongjae admired his dedication and courage, but... The time they could spend together was reduced drastically. They started fighting about little things. And Yongjae felt somehow jeaulous at all the attention his boyfriend was receiving. He knew Daehyun wanted, and deserved, to be recognized for his talent, but he felt like he now had to "share" him with other people. He missed when Daehyun was only his. Yongjae knew he was being selfish, but he couldn't help it.
Their relationship was already in a bad moment.That b**** girl kissing Daehyun was only the final blow.
 
-- I'm sorry. I know I have been childish, but... I just love you too much. I'm too afraid of losing you.
Daehyun hugged him.
-- I would never leave you, Jae. Why do you doubt my love for you?
-- It's just... You meet new people everyday... I'm sure they're more....
-- Don't even finish this sentence! How can you be so blind, Jae? Can't you see you are the only one for me? You are the only one I love, my soulmate, my everything...
 
"Words, just words...", Yongjae sighed. Then, he got to the last picture. It wasn't a photo, but a message.
 
"Dear Yongjae,
I'm sorry. For everything. I know I haven't been the best of the boyfriends these last months. You were feeling insecure, and it was all my fault. I should've showed you more often how much you meant-no, mean to me. I should've gotten more time for us to spend together, like before. And, I shouldn't have let that girl kiss me.
I went away, as you asked me. But don't you dare to think I will be able to forget about you. You made me happy like no one ever did, and never will. I love you, and I always will. I know we are meant to be together. I was born for you, and you were born for me. I love you, and I don't believe your feelings of all these years just disappeared.
Our story isn't over yet. It took me less than one day away from you for me to notice all my mistakes. I will wait all the time it takes for you to forgive me. Even if it takes an eternity, then I will spend whatever that comes after it by your side.
Love,
Daehyun.
PS: I don't know what about you, but for me, looking at these pictures make me really happy. I only regret not taking more."
 
Yongjae didn't try to hold his tears. "Stupid Daehyun... Why can't I hate you? Why do I love you so much?"
Later that day, Yongjae received another email from Daehyun:
 
"Hi.
I don't know if you will read this or not, I'm actually still unsure if I should even send this... But I hope you will read it. Well...
When you get this message, I will probably already be out of the country. I'm going to America. I got a chance to go to this famous music academy. You are the only one that could stop me from going, but as you haven't forgiven me yet...
I will be back, and I will look for you. I will do everything I can and can't to get your heart back. I wanted to be patient and wait, but each day without you feels so empty. I want to be by your side, even if just as a friend.
I love you, and I always will. 
Daehyun."
 
Alarmed, Yongjae grabbed his phone and called his friend Jongup.
-- Hello-o! -- the boy greeted him.
-- Did you know Daehyun is leaving to America?
-- You didn't?
-- I wasn't talking to him!
-- Actually... he left last week...
-- Last... week... -- "Why do you tell me just now? Daehyun, I love you."
 
**Six months later**
 
"Finally home...", Daehyun thought, as he saw the familiar buildings by the plane window. 
He actually liked America a lot. He got to know many places and people, and his English improved crazily. The music academy was wonderful and he meet many other foreign students like himself. People from all around the world.
Yet, there was only one on his heart and his mind all the time.
After they break up, he imediatelly noticed all his mistakes. He sent those pictures to Yongjae trying to make him remember the good moments they spent together, when everything was love. It was his apologie. He waited for a reply, a text, a call. Anything. But he didn't dare to go bother Yongjae, talking to him first. He let the boy take his time.
Daehyun never let the hope on his heart die. One day, Yongjae would forgive him. One day, they would be together again. After six months, he thought Yongjae wouldn't avoid him like before. He could try approaching him again and...
The plane landed. Daehyun got out of it, turning his ipod on again. During classes, he and his fellow foreign students sometimes wrote their own English versions of songs from their countries. The one playing now was one of these (they recorded everything they sang). The one singing it was a Brazilian girl that sometimes scared him a little ("Please, introduce me to some straight boys from your land!"), but that was actually really kind and had a very powerful voice. He didn't resist singing along to the chorus.
"Because this storm some day will end...
When the rain stops, 
When the sky is clear
Open your window, and see
I am the sun
I'm sky and sea
I'm sky and everything
And my love is infinity..."
Daehyun's plane arrived really late at night. Knowing this, he and his friends decided to only meet the next day. He also didn't tell his family, he decided to surprise them. He knew his mother would probably cry. He missed everyone so much... But he would have to wait until the next day (well, it was already past midnight, so later that day). So, no one would be waiting for him at the airport.
Daehyun walked at the almost empty hall. He could see only one figure standing a little far from where he was. He or she didn't seem to be carrying any bag. So, they were probably waiting for someone. "For them to be waiting at this time, it must be someone important to them..."
As Daehyun walked forward, the figure started to look familiar to him. It then turned his head and, as soon as it saw Daehyun, it started running to him. Daehyun recognized the boy for sure now. 
-- Y-Yongjae?
-- How could you? How could you just leave like that?!
Daehyun looked away.
-- Weren't you the one who asked me to disappear from your life? -- he said, sadly.
-- Didn't you say you wouldn't forget me? That our story wasn't over yet?
-- I couldn't forget you, even if I tried to.And you being here proves that it isn't over yet.
Yongjae hugged Daehyun.
-- Yes, it isn't. I hate you, Daehyun. I hate you for not letting me hate you. 
Daehyun hugged him back. 
-- I'm sorry. I was stupid, I lost you because of a stupid mistake. I don't deserve you...
-- I can forgive you. If you come back to me. I promise I will trust you more, I won't be that childish and jeaulous...
-- And I promise I will take better care of you, I will be more by your side... if you accept me back.
-- Of course I do!
The two kissed passionately, not wanting to ever stop it.