ii / ii

// good boy gone bad

a/n: this is not a sequel. it's more like a oneshot, but it's still sekai. enjoy. sorry i wrote really little this time round. 

"Yah, Jongin,"

The boy beside him mumbled something incoherent before soft snores could be heard again. Sehun sighed and closed his textbooks. The examinations seemed to take a toll on everyone except Jongin; the latter slept through all his classes and barely studied even during the evening study sessions.

"Let's go home, come on," Sehun prodded Jongin in the side, and after what felt like a hundred years, Jongin opened his eyes. Both of them kicked in their chairs, grabbed their bags and left the classroom with nasty stares thrown at them. That wasn't a surprise; Jongin was a big troublemaker, and everyone felt sorry for Sehun who had to be his lackey. Sehun had nothing to complain about Jongin; although from the outside everyone seemed to see Jongin taking advantage of Sehun, but Sehun knew his background.

"Subway or bus? I don't think I'm going home today," Jongin scoffed.

"Let's take the subway then. We'll reach my house faster that way," Sehun said and Jongin shrugged, choosing to follow his friend.

As they passed by the street stall that sold Korean street food, Jongin dragged Sehun back.

"Excuse me, ahjusshi, can you give me.." Sehun stared in awe as Jongin ordered nearly everything that was available, along with two cans of beer.

"Are you really going to pay for that?" Sehun asked, and Jongin smirked. The younger sighed; he knew what Jongin was planning. The moment the stall owner put the food and beer in their hands, all havoc broke loose.

"Run, you brat!" Jongin laughed as his long legs moved into action. Sehun giggled, running away as the poor owner shouted after them to pay up.

Their laughter blocked out the owner's shouts and as soon as they were out of sight, their runs slowed down into steady walks. The youngsters plowed through the food and beer at once, giving an appearance that they must have been starved for days.

"Ah, that's good dubboki," Jongin sighed, patting his stomach. Sehun nodded and laughed, "You should have seen that guy's face. Epic,"

The boys arrived at the subway station and with no money (no surprise there) to get in, they climbed over the gates, praying hard that they wouldn't get caught as they sailed into the empty subway.

"Ten minutes right? Let me sleep first alright?" Jongin muttered as he rested his head on his friend's shoulder. Sehun stiffened up as Jongin's head tucked into the crook of his neck, but soon the boy was sound asleep.

Sehun blushed furiously as he studied their reflection on the opposite side. They would probably seem like a modern high school couple at the moment. Sehun always had a tiny crush on his best friend; girls weren't the only one that fell for bad boys.

Jongin was a troublemaker, yes, but he also had a heart of gold and would go miles to help his friends. Sehun fondly remembered the time when he got beaten up by the other bullies and Jongin had beaten all three of them without a moment's hesitation, and treated his wounds afterwards. It was the very first time Sehun had met Jongin, and with a love for Counter-Strike and ramen, they both became best friends quite easily.

As the memories replayed, Sehun's mind faintly registered that it was their stop and woke up the sleeping boy. They jumped over the gate again without effort.

"Sehun, I'm too tired to walk another step," Jongin whined. Sehun smiled; Jongin was always moody when he was sleepy. Shifting into position, Sehun mumbled, "Get on now before I leave you here,"

A pair of arms circled around Sehun's neck and a pair of legs wrapped tightly around Sehun's torso. Sighing, Sehun stood up and balanced Jongin's weight on his shoulder before trudging back home.

"Yah," Sehun sighed to himself as he watched his cooled breath float away in front of him, "Have you gained weight? You weren't this heavy the last time I carried you,"

Of course, there was no reply from the sleeping boy.

"Jongin-ah, I can't carry you forever... but if I had a choice, I would," Sehun's confession sounded loud in the quiet neighborhood, and Sehun was glad that Jongin wasn't awake to hear it.

They made it to Sehun's gate at 10, and Sehun's noona chided him for bringing Jongin home again. It was not that she had anything against their friendship, but Sehun's mother objected it since she knew how much of a troublemaker Jongin was.

Sehun only managed a weak smile and carried Jongin into his room, laying the sound asleep boy on his hard floor.

"Sehun-ah, don't leave," Jongin mumbled and the boy froze. Was Jongin sleep-talking again? Sehun ignored it and covered Jongin in a warm blanket and hoped the boy wouldn't wake up until tomorrow.

As Sehun laid down right beside Jongin, he counted the number of times they exhaled together. Almost always at the same time.

"Sehun-ah, I love you so much," Jongin breathed.

Sehun only smiled to himself. "I hate you, Jongin-ah,"

"Do you want to get beaten up?"

Sehun let out a quiet laugh; Jongin's sleep-talking got worse every time Sehun heard it. But that's okay. Sehun thought that it was kind of cute.