Chapter 2

Looking Back
The cafeteria of the university was considerably empty considering that it was lunch hour. Maybe there were classes that extended, maybe some students ate at the nearby mall - but whatever it is, Sehun couldn't care less. He was contented with how quiet everything was as he continued to slowly eat his meal.
 
Sehun sat alone in a table for six. He had a tray with a plate of what he thinks is an Asian cuisine - at least that is what he was told when he asked what it is. Kai and Tao weren't with him because they had a PE class. Though they were required to take PE classes, Sehun decided to take them after Kai and Tao were done with theirs. It wasn't that he had an issue with those two; he just thought that it was a good opportunity to get away from the nagging and teasing of the two older ones. Almost every day of lecture classes would be enough Kai and Tao for Sehun.
 
It was a Friday. Sehun had one more class to go and he had more than hour to kill before it. Maybe he would take a nap at the library? Maybe he should get something else to eat? Maybe - 
His thoughts were halted when he saw someone place a tray of food in front of him. It was soon followed by two other trays beside it. 
"I hope you don't mind us joining you," Sehun heard someone say as he slowly looked up.
"Yeah, it was Luhan-hyung's idea in case, you know, you get annoyed or something..." Kyungsoo said.
 
Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Luhan quickly took their seats opposite Sehun. The three were smiling awkwardly, knowing all too well that it was a bit imposing to sit down without asking first. But Kyungsoo and Baekhyun didn't have much of a choice. Luhan insisted to sit with Sehun saying that Sehun looked too lonely eating alone and that, of course, Sehun wouldn't mind them joining him - they were, after all, classmates.
"You looked too lonely all by yourself," Luhan said with eyes focusing only on his food.
"I was actually feeling fine until -” Sehun said before being interrupted.
"So, Oh Sehun..." Baekhyun said. "You do look a bit like Luhan-hyung... except you don't smile as often..."
"Yeah, why do you always look like you want to kill somebody?" Kyungsoo added.
"What?" Sehun responded while Luhan laughed a bit.
"I agree. You should smile a bit," Baekhyun said. "But not too much like Luhan-hyung... he looks like a fool smiling at everyone and laughing at everything..."
"I don't look like a fool," Luhan said, glaring at the other.
"Rather than looking like a fool, I'd take looking like a killer any day," Sehun said plainly, causing Kyungsoo to laugh.
"But it wouldn't hurt you to try it a bit..." Kyungsoo suggested. "Come on, let's try it..."
"Cmon, smiiiiillleee~~" Baekhyun teased as he started to make face.
"Why did you bring them here again?" Sehun asked Luhan, ignoring Baekhyun and Kyungsoo (who joined in the teasing).
"I just felt that you needed company," Luhan smiled.
"A month after getting to know me and you already 'feel' what I need?" Sehun asked strictly.
"Guess so," the older shrugged. "Besides, you didn't really turn us down or walked away from the table."
"Fair enough..." the youngest said as he looked at the other two.
Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were now facing each other making ugly faces and laughing at themselves.
"You guys are weird..." Sehun added as he focused back on his food with small smile on his face - something that didn't escape Luhan's eyes.
 
 
 
 
"Now, will anyone tell me what the author's concept of love is?" the professor asked the class.
"We were barely able to find out his idea of a ‘family’; I doubt anyone noticed that, professor..." Baekhyun argued, noting that the book was about ants and rice, nothing more.
"Would that be accurate?" the professor replied. "You guys read the author's biography, right? Would you think that it somehow has something to do with his works?"
The students were silent. The class began at 7 in the morning and it was only fifteen minutes into the discussion - far too early for a brain-squeezing question like that. Besides, who would really care what a dead author thinks about life or love? 
"Anyone?" the professor asked again. "Let's see... uhm, Sehun?" he said as he browsed through the class list.
 
On the chair beside the window was Sehun who was sleepily browsing through the book that was being discussed. He would've answered confidently if he had the chance to study well yesterday. But that wasn't the case as he was apparently dragged through the city all day by his roommates who were at his front and back, similarly scrambling to see if any of their notes would offer an answer. 
 
"Sehun?" the professor called him again. "After reading the biography and his works for the past two weeks, what do you think his concept of love is?"
"Uhh..." Sehun murmured. "I... think... I think he doesn't believe in love." he reasoned out weakly.
"Hmmm... Interesting. Why do you think so?"
"Because he never mentioned it in his works? In those that we read, never was there a chapter or a paragraph that hinted about love..."
"But that could be that he just forgot about writing it? Or perhaps he hid his idea well?"
"I guess... but according to his biography, I think I may have a solid basis." Sehun raised as he turned his notes. "It was said that he had a fiancée but when he died, there never was a mention of his widow nor his children. Also, there was never a date of marriage..."
"So you think that?"
"Something might have happened... something that ceased that relationship. And this caused him to change his view on love - " Sehun was explaining until he saw someone raise his hand, calling for the professor's attention.
"Yes, Luhan?" the professor acknowledged.
"Sir, though that might be correct, I don't think a single event would be enough to change a person's view on something... Perhaps he just didn't focus on love in the few works we've read..."
"Oh, but it is possible," Sehun intercepted. "Maybe it was something that made him dislike the reality of being with his fiancée... maybe it was something that made the idea of loving her something unpleasant that he just wanted to avoid it?" he continued without looking at the other student.
"Then that would make him immature, wouldn't it?" Luhan responded, equally avoiding looking at Sehun. 
"What?!" Sehun almost shouted.
"SIR!" Kyungsoo quickly intercepted. "Why are we even talking about his concept of love? Didn't you ask for his concept of a 'family'? I wrote a lengthy essay on that!"
"I agree!" Kai seconded that shift in attention, noticing the tension between Sehun and Luhan. "Tao was well-prepared to answering that question!"
"WHAT?" Tao shouted.
"Fine, fine... let's get to answering that question first..." the professor agreed. "So, who has an answer?"
"That was close..." Baekhyun whispered to Kyungsoo who was sitting beside him.
"Just drag the family discussion until the end of class..." Kyungsoo said.
 
 
 
"CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!" Luhan almost shouted when the three of them were in the school grounds.
"Luhan-hyung, shhhh... people can hear..." Kyungsoo said.
"I can't believe he had the nerve to say that! 'Something that made love unpleasant'? What the hell is on his mind to think that?!" the oldest continued.
"But hyung, you can't really say whether he is pertaining to his relationship with you..." Baekhyun advised.
"Oh, cmon Baek. He clearly said it to me before when we broke up. I can't believe he had the nerve to say it in class as lightly as that!"
"It's true though... Sehun should've known that it bordering too close to reality... and he should've known well enough that Luhan-hyung was in the room..." 
"Kyungsoo, you're not helping," Baekhyun sighed.
"He actually believes that!" Luhan shouted. "He actually thinks that he's the victim of our break up. He actually thinks that our relationship didn't work out because of me!"
"Hyung, let's get to the dorm first... You can scream all you want there," Baekhyun suggested as he pulled his shouting friend.
 
 
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------- 
A/N: really sorry for the late update guys, was a bit busy... i promise that the next chapter would be up sooner than before! :)