Admission

Testing Times

 

 

Jessica opened her front door after hearing the doorbell ring, it was Yoona, standing before her in one of her quirky cute "Yoona" outfits. She always looks cute, Jessica thought. Yoona had the same opinion of Jessica. She thought that Jessica could be her iest with her hair messed up, having just sweated out in the gym. They kissed hello and got in Yoona's car to drive to Starbucks for their 'coming out' of sorts to their friends. Jessica likened it to facing the firing squad, but Yoona did her best to put Jessica 's mind at ease.

Yoona: Stop worrying okay... God!

Jessica: I can't help it, I just don't know how they'll react, it's weird.

Yoona: Oh, so being with me is weird now huh?

Jessica: Of course not...

Jessica slid her hand onto Yoona's thigh as she drove, slightly distracting her.

At Starbucks, Sooyoung was already waiting, on her second coffee for the afternoon. In walked Tae and Tiffany, Sooyoung smiled at seeing them together again. They had just returned from a session with their relationship counsellor as they try to piece back the shards of their shattered relationship. While it was going to be hard, it was not impossible. Marriages always have problems, and the dynamics of Tiffany and Taeyeon's union was not immune from the everyday struggles, yes even infidelity. After all, there is never just one person at fault, there are a lot of underlying factors that lead up to a shattering event such as this. And Tiff and Tae were willing to examine these factors and try to work things out. They loved each other, through everything they endured, and couldn't imagine being apart.

Sooyoung: Hey guys, good to see ya.

Tiffany: Hey Sooyoung, you look like .

Sooyoung: Thanks, yeah too much coffee, not enough sleep and not enough will do that to a gal.

Tiffany softly Sooyoung's arm as she spoke.

Tiffany: You should come by more often, I've... we've missed seeing you.

Taeyeon: Yeah, we would never want to lose our friends, ever.

Sooyoung: It's cool guys, I'm just winding down ya know.

Tiffany: I understand, it's been kinda crazy.

Sooyoung: Yeah, now I'm wondering why we've been summoned here. Wonder what else has gone wrong.

Taeyeon: Don't worry Soo, I'm sure it’s good news for once.

Tiffany gave a sideways glance to Tae.

Tiffany: You know don't you.

Tae couldn't hide her knowing expression, although she tried to play dumb. Sipping her tea.

Taeyeon: Know what?

Tiffany: Kim Taeyeon, don't even try it.

Sooyoung: Yeah, you never were too good at a poker face.

Taeyeon: I promised I wouldn't tell.

Tiffany & Sooyoung: Tell what?

Yoona parked her car and they sat there for a moment to gather themselves.

Jessica: So we're really gonna do this huh?

Yoona: Yep, no point trying to get out of it now Miss Sica.

Jessica: Why do I feel like I've been sent to the principal’s office?

Yoona: Because you're a naughty girl and you need a spanking.

Jessica: Yoon! I'm serious, look at me!

Jessica held up her hands, true, she was shaking like a leaf. Yoona took her hands and kissed each one. She looked into Jessica 's eyes and moved in to kiss her lips.

Yoona: We'll be fine, this is great news we're about to tell them, they'll be so happy for us. And believe me, with all the that's gone down lately, good news is just what they need. So trust me... let's go.

Jessica smiled awkwardly and kissed Yoona once more before they got out of the car.

Jessica: So wait, how are we gonna do this, who is gonna say it?

Yoona: We'll play it by ear, see how things go.

Yoona smiled at Jessica as they walked to the door, Jessica opened it for her. Yoona quickly grabbed her hand and dragged her in, not letting go, figuring this was as good a way as any to start.

Jessica: Yoona! What are you doing?

Yoona: Ummm holding your hand, I told you I would.

Jessica: But...

Yoona: Shhh behave, or no spanking!

Jessica laughed as they got closer to the table, the gang hadn't noticed them yet. Jessica felt like she was walking the green mile... "Dead y gym instructor walking!" she thought to herself as she felt her face start to blush with each step.

Sooyoung: Well well... looky what we have here.

Sooyoung looked up and down at Yoona and Jessica as they approached, she noticed they were holding hands. Sooyoung raised her eyebrows to their direction, causing Tae and Tiff to turn around and look.

Tiffany: Oh my... is that what I think...

Tae stood up and hugged them both, smiling brightly and giggling as she heard the reaction of the others.

Taeyeon: Hi guys, great to see you, sit sit!

Tiffany and Sooyoung's eyes were alight as they fed off the glow radiating from Yoona and Jessica. Yoona was grinning madly, Jessica was overcome with embarrassment, she could barely make eye contact with Sooyoung or Tiffany. Yoona rubbed Jessica 's knee in comfort.

Yoona: Jessica, it's okay, really, they haven't exploded... yet.

Jessica gave Yoona a glare as she glanced at Sooyoung and Tiffany quickly.

Sooyoung: Well hey there Miss Sica... what have YOU been up to?

Tiffany: I think we KNOW what...

Jessica shifted nervously in her seat, Yoona held her hand and squeezed it as she spoke.

Yoona: Guys, go easy on her, this is all pretty surreal I guess.

Tiffany: You could say that, when did this happen?

Sooyoung: Yeah, and exactly WHAT happened?

Yoona began explaining the events, with Jessica nervously adding a few corrections, and everyone sat quietly taking it all in. Tiffany smiled at Jessica to reassure her that it was all okay, to which Jessica shyly smiled back. Yoona finished her story and continued with her own comments.

Yoona: So there you have it, Jessica and I are giving this a try. It's all very new, and maybe a lil scary, but we'll see what happens. And well, we just wanted you to know because you're our closest friends, and we love you all. So hopefully, now that you DO know, Jessica can start to feel a little more relaxed about it, right hun?

Jessica: Yuh-huh. What she said.

They all laughed softly, trying to put Jessica at ease, congratulating them both.

Tiffany: I'm really happy for you both, I hope it all comes together for you.

Sooyoung: Ditto, good job, kept that quiet long enough.

Sooyoung gave Jessica a playful jab on the arm, wiggling her eyebrows up and down at her.

Jessica was becoming more at ease, knowing that they were all supportive.

Jessica: We just didn't want you to start treating us differently, ya know. We're still Yoona and Jessica, not YoonSic the sickly-sweet affection monster.

Taeyeon: We know hun, it's all good, we just want you to be happy and will support you both 100%.

Tiffany: It's wonderful, it really is.

Sooyoung: Seriously guys, congratulations.

Yoona & Jessica: Thanks!

They giggled, and Jessica took a deep breath and let out a huge sigh of relief.

Yoona: See, I told you it wouldn't be so bad.

Jessica: I know, you were right.

Yoona: Now... about that spanking...

Jessica: Yahh!! Byuntae!!

The gals broke into laughter, watching the interaction.

Yoona: Sorry, now where are we going for dinner, I'm starving.

Jessica: I've got a few options in mind.

Yoona: Okay, well do you wanna go now?

Jessica: Sure, if you want to...

Sooyoung: Hey we should all go to Echo tonight! We can dance, hang out a bit more. It's been so long...

Tiffany: Sounds like fun, huh Tae?

Taeyeon: Yeah, we could do that, will be good to just drink n dance the night away like we used to.

Tiffany: So what do you say YoonSic?

Tiffany gave them a wink as the others giggled.

Yoona: Sure, we'll be there, right hun?

Jessica: Absolutely! See you all later.

Hugs were exchanged all round and Yoona and Jessica left Starbucks hand in hand.

Sooyoung: So ing cute.

Tiffany: Yeah, they really are.

Sooyoung: Wonder if they've done it yet.

Taeyeon: Don't think so... I busted them making out last night.

Tiffany: Oh my... what did they do?

Taeyeon: Well, Jessica got all flustered and left.

Tiffany and Sooyoung smiled at each other and spoke at the same time.

Tiffany & Sooyoung: Shoulda tied her down.

All three laughed in agreeance, glad to have reconnected and looking forward to tonight.

 

~ to be continued ~