Come with Me

Come with Me

The library was eerily silent, except for the consistent humming of the air-cond. No one else was there, you were sitting at the very back of the library, allowing you to witness the whole floor. Numerous tables and chairs in the middle, surrounded by racks of book on the left and right side of the library. The librarian’s counter was at the front, its view blocked by the racks of books.

You looked at your notes, the letters and numbers dancing mockingly in your head. You have been in the library for a good five hours now and nothing seemed to be able to be absorbed anymore. You closed your books taking a deep breath before letting out an equally loud sigh. You glanced around the library once more before resting your head on the table. It was really quiet.

“Tired?”

A feeling of relief washed over you and you unconsciously smiled at the sweet voice, eyes still closed refusing to budge. He seemed to not like the unresponsive you.

“Maybe you want some coffee?”

“As if you can give me some. Where were you? I was waiting the whole day.”

Finally sitting straight, you looked at the guy beside you. Still the same jet black hair, the same prominent dimple and the same soft gaze.

“You should go out. The blooming flowers are really pretty. Reminds me of you.”

The same cheesy attitude. You missed his voice. You missed his presence. You really missed..him. You tried hard, really hard to stop the burning sensation at the back of your eyes.

“S-sure. Will you come with me then?”

A hint of sorrow was obvious in his soft smile. The more you looked into his eyes, the heavier the tears became. You tried to smile too, but only choked sob came out of your lips when he spoke.

“I wish I could. You know I really wish I could.”

You slowly clasped your hand to your mouth, trying to will the sobs away. You stared down, only to cry harder when you caught a glimpse of Yixing, a glimpse of his blurry white smoke form. You could even see the chair he was sitting on. You had your other hand on your chest, with hope that it will make the pain go away.

“Please don’t cry.”

“Only if you come with me. Come with me, Xing. Let’s see the flowers together.”

As much as Yixing wanted to be with you, to be there for you, he couldn’t. You knew that too.

“I’m sorry.”

The library was eerily silent, except for the faint stuttered sobbing.