08

The Devil's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“About that night,” Sehun started the conversation when he was walking to campus with Suzy. “She was Jongin’s ex-girlfriend.” He turned his head to look at Suzy.

The girl was walking with her head bent down a little; making her hair covered her side profile. She kept in silence as she heard Sehun talked.

It was some days after the night Suzy and Jongin went to the arcade. Sehun was locking his apartment door when Suzy came out, holding some books in front of her chest. He remembered that Suzy went to the same campus with him and Jongin. Then he offered her to walk together. That explained how he ended up walking together with the girl.

“I’m sorry for making you in a difficult position,” he said softly.

Suzy lifted up her head in surprise as her eyes widened. “You are not in a position to say sorry. It’s not your fault.” She shook her head and smiled. “Why are you even sorry?”

He shrugged his shoulder and shoved his hands in his jeans pockets. “Because you looked guilty that night. It was not your fault, you know.”

“I know,” she paused before continue to talk. “She was angry at me. I think I was in a wrong place and wrong time.” Suzy let out a chuckle that amazed Sehun. The boy did not know why she could take it coolly as nothing happened.

“It was just a small misunderstanding,” she shrugged her shoulder.

Sehun nodded before he smiled. “You are pretty cool about that.”

“I know right,” said Suzy jokingly as Sehun laughed.

“But Suzy,” said Sehun and he paused for a while.

“Hm?”

“Uh…,” he hesitated before he continued. “Being around Jongin may be causing you some misunderstanding towards the girls in this campus.” The boy glanced to Suzy and he caught her looking at him in her wondering eyes.

“You know, he is pretty popular…” Sehun shrugged his shoulder.

Her lips curved into a small warming smile. “Am I supposed to avoid him?” she asked playfully.

“Well… no.”

“But nothing wrong with being just friends, right? It does not matter what people say and think. That should not make us avoid a person, especially when the person really need accompany.”

Sehun raised his eyebrows, as he was interested with her perception. “What do you mean?”

“I don’t know if it is just me or it is really true. Somehow, I feel like Jongin was… lonely?” Her eyes looked dreamy as she said that. “If no one around him, he would have that blank look on his eyes.”

Sehun chuckled.

“Why?” Suzy asked in confusion. “Am I wrong? Uh, maybe I was being too knowledgeably.”

“Actually,” Sehun stopped as he turned to Suzy. “You are right. You are being an observant, huh?”

The girl smiled shyly as she rubbed her neck. “It is my habit. So, why is Jongin feeling that why?”

“You should seek the answer by yourself. If you are lucky enough, he will tell you.” He walked again. “What about me?”

“What are what about you?” Suzy asked, confused. She arched her eyebrows as she looked at Sehun who was looking back at her with a small smile.

“What do you look in me?” He asked, wanting to know the answer.

“You have so much care for Jongin and people around you.” The girl smiled as she remembered the first day they met.

“I don’t think so.”

Suzy turned her head to Sehun as she met his anticipating eyes. “You helped me fixing my light bulb.” She grinned.

Sehun felt his heart was filled with warmth as he saw her smile and he lifted the corner of his lips to smile along. “It’s just a small help.”

“Look, you have a pair of eye smiles, Sehun,” said Suzy as she looked at the boy’s face.

Sehun felt his cheeks turned hot and he wished that it would not turn into a shade of red, or it would be embarrassing. He coughed to distract himself before talk again when they arrived at their campus lobby.

“Suzy, can I ask for a help?” Sehun looked at Suzy as he was searching for something in his backpack. “I have three classes today and I will be back around 3.”

“And how can I help you?” Suzy stared at Sehun as the boy took out a key and handed it to Suzy.

“Please give this to Jongin. He will be home earlier than me and forgot to bring the key.”

“It’s a good thing I only have one class today. You can count on me.” She beamed and put the key on her bag.

“Thanks. See you, Suzy.”

 

 

Jongin walked out from the dance studio. He made his way on the corridor as a girl with long wavy hair stopped in front of him. She stood in front of him, her eyes were looking on her feet and she was nervous. Jongin caught a shade of red on her cheeks as the girl finally brave herself to look up.

“Oppa~” she called as she stared at Jongin with her round eyes. She flipped her hair and put a strain of hair behind her ear. She stepped closer to the boy and he knew it that this girl wanted him. Jongin just gave her a cold stare and wanted to walk away when finally the girl asked.

“Do you want to go out with me?” she blurted out and bit her lips.

Jongin shifted his eyes from the girl to the other direction when he caught a familiar figure before he answered the girl. His eyes were locked to that figu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter