13

The Devil's Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Jongin?"

The called one turned his head upon hearing his name was called by a familiar voice. He looked at her, puzzled, thinking he might be drunk by a glass of vodka. But that was impossible. Jongin has high tolerance of alcohol and he was sober enough to know that he wasn't drunk.

"It's really you," she said as she took a step closer.

Jongin could see the edge of her lips pulled upward and her eyes turned into a shape of cresent moon even under the dim light. He could see her natural curl dangling around her back as she took another step with one hand raised towards his cheek. He didn't know wheteher it was a dream, a vision, or reality. All noises—music from the club, car roaring, people chattering—sounded so muffled in his ears and his head was spinning. Until the girl touched his cheek, Jongin finally came back, and still puzzled when the girl put her arms around his neck, longingly holding him in her arms.

She brought her lips near his ears, whispering she missed him before pulling her head to look at his face. Despite his frowns while looking at her and a hurtful sight, she still smiled.

"Why are you here?" the boy finally voiced out his curiousity. His voice was deep as she could remember, but there was anger in his tone.

"Let's have some coffee?" She asked, face was still near his, her arms still lingered around his neck, and her longing gaze was still there on her eyes.

Jongin couldn't say no to her.

 

It was already 2 in the morning by the time they arrived at some coffee shop. She held his hand, pulling him forward as she pushed the glass door and the bell above them tinkled. Even he wasn't sure what to do, he still followed her. Stepping his foot on the woodden floor as the smell of coffee beans tickled his nose. One couldn't forget a smell that bring back the memories, and that was what Jongin felt. The smell reminded him of their memories he was trying to forget.

"One Vanilla Latte and Hot Chocolate with a lot whipped cream. Oh, and don't forget the rainbow sprinkle," she said to the cashier. It was always their fixed order and just as her detailed order, Jongin could remember every detail of their memories.

Once again, Jongin felt like he came back to the past when his heart was still perfectly fine.

The girl let go of Jongin's hand as she took out some bills to pay their order before she held his hand again and lead him to a seat at the corner near the window. Untill they were seated, she still didn't let his hand go.

Jongin stared at her hand, the one she had to hold him. For seconds, he remembered he ever thought their hands were perfectly made for each other. He remembered he liked her manicured nails and how he held her hand on his own. He remembered that feeling which strangely wasn't there anymore. He felt empty, different, and strange.

Aware of him staring their hands a little bit too long, the girl awkwardly pulled off her hand and put it on her laps. "Sorry," she mumbled. The air between them filled with awkwardness, yet Jongin didn't bother to break the silence. She would eventually did it, he thought.

And just as his guess, she was the one to break it. "How are you?" she asked.

Jongin looked at her eyes, clueless. 

What does that means? He thought. How are you after I left you? How are you after I broke your heart? How are you when you see me appeared like some ghost? How are you what? Be more spesific, a voice inside his head said. 

"Why are you here?" he ended not answering her question, but asked her one she hadn't replied.

He stared at her as she parted her lips, trying to find a word but close it again as she didn't know what to say. "I...," she tried again, but was interrupted by a waiter delivering their orders. She waited the waiter to walked away, as she kept herself busy looking at her hands.

"I'm sorry," she said, bringing her hand closer to Jongin's and squeezed it when she hold it. "I—"

"Stop acting like you didn't leave me for another guy, Seulmi. Stop acting like we were just in a brief break up and you came to me, asked me to stop being angry at you. Stop acting like this! Like you didn't break mine," he finally brought the anger out. "And why are you here? Why are you suddenly appeared in my life again?"

"I was wrong, Jongin. I'm sorry," said the girl, Seulmi. The girl who left Jongin and broke his heart 2 years ago.

Jongin could see her eyes glistened and tears was already at the edge. She blinked to brush off her tears, clearing her vision before she continued. "I was wrong. I thought he was the right one, but I was wrong. He cheated, he was a liar, he played with girls. I think karma is exist. It does and I knew it was for leaving you broken." She wiped her tears off before it fell down. "I realized that it's always been you. No one else, Jongin."

Jongin leaned his back on the chair, taken aback by her statement. He knew the fact that she hurt him, but still he couldn't pretend like he didn't care to her feelings. If it was a year ago she came back, maybe, just maybe he would run by now to punch the guy in his face. But today wasn't a year ago and he wondered what had changed. He thought if Seulmi came back, he would welcome her again in an open arm. He wondered why he didn't.

"I'm not the same person as you think, Seul." Jongin said, as he darted out of the coffee shop. Freezing wind blowing in his face as he stepped out of the place and kept walking.

"Wait, Jongin!" Seulmi called out his name trying to after him and when she did, she hugged him from behind didn't want to let go even Jongin just stood still, didn't even try to shook it off.

"I'm not the old Jongin, Seul. I'm different. Stop thinking I'm still the same," he sighed.

"It doesn't matter. It was because of me, so let me fix it for you," she said, her voice muffled as she burried her face on his back. "I don't want to lose you twice. One is more than enough." Seumli tightened her arms around him before she wiped off her tears and walked in front of Jongin to face him.

He looked back at her sad eyes, at her reddened cheeks, and at her lips before it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter