/information

♛ ( ` yeonhwa ) — school for the talented → apply closed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

YEONHWA
                                     ♛                                     
SOUTH KOREA'S NO. 1 HIGH SCHOOL FOR THE TALENTED

 

 

 

Welcome to Yeonhwa. Rated as the best talent school for years, we aim for our students to fulfill their dreams. with a primary focus on the visual and performing arts and physical education, we strive to lead our students to a successful path in the future.

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

© TO YOU FROM HEAVEN


EVENTS:
 to be updated as soon as possible. 

 



HOME | ABOUT US | INFORMATION | SCHOOL MAPHONORABLE STUDENTS 

SCHOOL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Students are to be punctual and prepared for any classes, assemblies, meetings or events.
2. Students are expected to show courteous behaviour towards one another, the school faculty and visitors.
3. Students are to hand in homework and assignments punctually.
4. Students are expected to dress in an appropriate manner in casual clothing.
5. Students found with usage of drugs, tobacco or alcohol will be immediately suspended from their current class or activity pending a conference involving them, their parents, the school counsellor and the principal.
6. Gambling, immorality, disrespectfulness or profane language will not be tolerated in the school campus.
7. Students are not permitted to leave the campus during the day for any reason unless they are accompanied by a parent, guardian or school faculty member, after being properly "signed out" at the School Office.


read more...


DIVISIONS & THEIR SUBJECTS

the Visual Arts
Conceptual Art — this subject is art as a whole, through visual interpretation. students will be taught skills and techniques on drawing, painting, sculpturing, pottery, print making, and more shall be taught throughout the lessons. required subject(s): n/a.



Photography — here students learn different photography skills and techniques such as the elements of exposure, depth of field and shooting modes, lens types, rule of thirds etc. This subject also includes graphic designing and photo editing. required subject(s): n/a.




Fashion design — from design and aesthetics or natural beauty, to clothing and accessories. Not only that, but fashion design students must learn different techniques to captivate their target market’s tastes, and learn to promote and advertise their pieces of work. required subject(s): economics.




Interior design — this is basically turning an interior space into an effective yet aesthetically pleasing setting. Students will have to conduct and plan their own projects with the teacher’s assistance, and will be taught different techniques to captivate their target market’s tastes, and conceptual development. required subjects(s): n/a.


the Performing Arts

Dance — without passion, rhythm and emotion, dance cannot clearly express ideas and stories nonverbally. Dances with functional movement such as contemporary, hip hop and modern, to virtuoso, classical dancing such as ballet, ballroom and tango will be taught alongside choreography skills. required subjects: n/a.



Music — students will be taught the history of music in the four main periods and music composing skills and techniques shall be taught. Students must be able to play the piano (though more instruments is encouraged) and have basic knowledge of the elements of music. required subjects: n/a.

Vocal — genres ranging from opera, pop, blues, jazz, country music, R&B are accepted in Yeonhwa. Students will be taught the correct singing technique and will be taught skills and methods to improve their singing. required subjects: n/a
.

Acting — from drama and theatre, to just plain acting, students will be taught different acting techniques and will be taught how to act dramatically. Here, students will also be taught different forms of dramas (and it’s history) that was once popular centuries ago, such as Commedia dell’ arte, Pantomimes and Melodrama.
 required subjects(s): n/a.

Physical Education
All students that are taking physical education will have to go through training and practice, and will be taught techniques and skills that are in the subject they are taking.

Physical education subjects include:
soccer, rugby, basketball, volleyball, netball, tennis, badminton and ice hockey.

Others

Figure skating — students will be taught to choreograph routines and to skate with passion, rhythm and emotion, just like dancing. They will be taught movements and techniques and skills during the lessons. required subjects: n/a.

Gymnastics — students that excel in gymnastics will be taught movements and techniques and skills during the lessons. Stretching will be done, too. required subjects: n/a.


Gardening (extra subject) — this is what makes Yeonhwa special - gardening as a subject. Students are required to have a basic knowledge in science and remember the biological classifications of flowers, plants, herbs and trees. required subjects: biology. 

Every student must take
Korean, English, Math, and another main subject (either Physics, Biology, Chemistry, History, Geography or Economics, choose one). Gardening or just Physical Education (in general) can be taken as a extra subject.