final

Lemon Pie

The instructor watched on as the five males spun into their final poses. The music faded out in the background and the members stood up straight to bid farewell to their instructor. Water bottles were tossed about the small practice room as they tried to catch their breath. “You’ve all worked hard. Take the rest of the day off because tomorrow is going to be even longer.”

 

The five males couldn’t help whooping in happiness at their manager’s words and speedily packed up their things. Kyungil didn’t miss the chance of everyone being distracted to grab Yijung’s hand and rush out of the dance practice room. A small smile appeared on his face when he looked back to see Yijung stumbling along behind him.

 

“Hyung, slow down. My legs aren’t that long!” Yijung exclaimed. 

 

He was already losing the feeling in his legs. They continued dashing through the narrow hallways, pushing past company employees and their fellow trainees. The summer heat hit them the moment they walked out of the doors. “Hyungie, where are you bringing me?” 

 

“It’s a surprise.”

 

They charged down the road and took five turns before reaching a quaint little cafe. “Was it really necessary to run here hyung?”

 

“This is not the surprise Yijung.” Kyungil deadpanned. He scanned the menu and pulled out the spare cash from his pocket. “Two lemon pies and two mango smoothies.”

 

Yijung watched impatiently as they packed up their pies and blended their smoothies. He was tired and all he wanted to do was sleep but Kyungil had suddenly dragged him out of the practice room and he didn’t even know where they were going. “Thank you! Come again!”

 

Kyungil grabbed onto the paper bag and enclosed Yijung’s hand with his own again. He felt a little bad for making Yijung run earlier when he was already tired and forced himself to walk slowly to keep up with the younger male’s pace. “Are you still not going to tell me where we’re going?”

 

“You’ll just have to wait and see. You’ll enjoy it, I promise.”

 

They continued walking through the winding paths, their legs feeling heavier by the minute. Kyungil’s face lit up when the park came into view and sped up. Yijung jogged after him and watched as he pulled out a picnic mat from his bag and set it down next to a large tree. Kyungil pulled out a couple of cushions too and ped his guitar case, pulling the instrument out and settling it on the grass. 

 

“What’s all this about hyung?”

 

“Remember that time you said you’d never been on a picnic. Well welcome to your first ever picnic.”

 

Yijung could feel his face heat up. He didn’t think anyone would actually remember what he said but Kyungil did. Kyungil chuckled when he saw the light blush dusted on Yijung’s cheeks and beamed up at the younger male. “Come on and sit down.”

 

Yijung awkwardly settled down on the pillow that Kyungil had put for him and leaned against the tree trunk. Kyungil continued to pull things out of his bag, including more snacks and bottles of juice. “Why did you bring so much food when there’s only two of us?”

 

“Well this is your first picnic. You deserve to eat like a king don’t you?” Kyungil chirped, arranging the containers of food in a line. “Dig in.”

 

 

 

 

Yijung leaned his head on Kyungil’s shoulder as he watched a bunch of kids feeding ducks by the water. He cocked an eyebrow when he felt Kyungil shifting and saw him reaching for his guitar. “What’s with the guitar?”

 

“I don’t know. I just thought we would like some music.” Kyungil grinned and slung the guitar around his shoulder. Yijung closed his eyes as Kyungil’s fingers began to strum. 

 

 

The space between us is long and dark
Just like the nights I’ve waited for you
I hope this isn’t the end, I wanna go back
Things you wanted
I’ve fixed it, all of it
Where did you go, I’m all alone and lonely

Even today’s breeze
Feels real cold
But how do you manage to look so fine
Although you’re always clueless
All you have to do is smile just like back in the day

You’re the one for me
I’m in pain because of you
I try to forget you, but it doesn’t help
I just end up hating you

That’s why I can’t do it
I wonder if you know that
I’m always missing you

You’re the one for me
I’m in pain because of you
I try to forget you, but it doesn’t help
I just end up hating you

Too hard, it’s just too hard
I’m a little sad because you don’t understand how I feel
I’m officially missing you

Ye, I’m officially missing you
You know how I’ve been through
You and I are nothing more than friends
Now it only feels like my life is boring
It’s like a pearl necklace without a strand, or perhaps a light tissue
There won’t be any more issue making between us
Although you may not feel anything
The night must feel long and chaotic without me
As usual those feelings send chill down to my sides
Those tiresome scandals
Ever since people around me become my antis
I’ve called it ‘over’ even before I started the unfair ‘game’ but it’s just painful
Ye, I just can do it but can’t be single
Even when the love song is on, where’s the melodies at?
Every action became my loneliness
So I’m officially missing you
You’ve already left, and yet you still pain me

You’re the one for me
I’m in pain because of you
I try to forget you, but it doesn’t help
I just end up hating you

It was a painful moment for you
That’s why I can’t do it
I wonder if you know that
I’m always missing you

You’re the one for me
I’m in pain because of you
I try to forget you, but it doesn’t help
I just end up hating you

Too hard, it’s just too hard
I’m a little sad because you don’t understand how I feel
I’m officially missing you

 

 

 

Yijung sighed when Kyungil sang the last word, his lips brushing against his cheek. He could feel Kyungil shift under him again as he kept his guitar. “It’s getting dark.” Kyungil mumbled and packed everything into his bag and he gathered all their trash to throw. 

 

A small smile played on his lips when he noticed Yijung falling sleep on the mat. He slung his bag around his front and bent down, wrapping Yijung’s arms around his neck and hooking his arms under Yijung’s thighs. Yijung nuzzled into Kyungil’s back before resting his cool cheek against the heat of Kyungil’s body. 

 

The roads were empty and the only sound that could be heard was the sound of Kyungil’s sneakers scratching against the pavement. Kyungil hitched Yijung higher up on his back and continued their trek back to their dorms. 

 

“Hyungie, thanks for just now. My first picnic was really fun....But I still hate you for making me run you giant.” Yijung mumbled into Kyungil’s back.

 

“Glad you had fun but you need the exercise....short stuff.”

 

“Okay thats it. Now you’ve really done it.”

 

 

 

a/n: just a drabble I wrote after listening to Standing Egg's Lemon Pie