Six

The Only Words Left to Say Are "I Love You"

 

Oh snap. If Seungho-Hyung sees…then I’m screwed. But at some point, Joon found that Minji wasn’t…resisting anymore. He just held her cheek as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

And almost as quick as it started, they hastily jumped apart. Realizing what they had just done, Joon quickly flipped Minji’s hood over her head, then put his hood over his head as well.

Minji grinned awkwardly.  They looked at each other for a few seconds, each trying to read the other’s expression, and then Minji finally broke eye contact to  pull her phone out of her back pocket and dial a number.

 

Seungho saw her start to make a call, and a few seconds later, felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He looked away quickly, then answered.

“Hey, where are you now?” he asked.

“Um…I don’t think I’ll be able to make it to the park,” Minji said in a small voice. “I’m not feeling very well, so…”

Seungho sighed, disappointed. “No, it’s okay. Just go home and get some rest.”

“Okay…thanks,” Minji nearly whispered. She hung up.

Seungho stole one last glance at Minji as the two were leaving, and felt a wave of rejection wash over him. He dropped the flowers, put on a pair of sunglasses, and walked in the opposite direction.

 

Minji felt bad. Incredibly bad. About Seungho. About Joon. But mainly about Joon.

It wasn’t fair for her to like both of them, but she couldn’t bring herself to choose.

Her brain told her Seungho! But her heart…Minji was almost positive her heart was telling her Joon!

Ah, decisions. Minji was never good at making them.

 

Chundoong was skipping down the hallway when he came across Minji standing with her forehead pressed against the window, staring into space. He grinned and slyly positioned himself right behind her ear and whispered,

“Boo.”

Minji jumped about fifty feet into the air, then crumpled down to her feet. Chundoong grabbed her hands and pulled her back up. She was hanging her head, so he pressed her hands on his cheeks.

She looked up at him with an odd expression, (along the lines of “What the heck are you doing?”), then forced a small smile. Chundoong deliberately pouted, and said in a baby voice, “Aww, don’t cry! If you cry, Chundoongie wants to cry too!”

This time, a laugh bubbled out of Minji.

“What’s up?” Chundoong said.

“Oh…just thinking,” Minji mumbled.

They stood in silence for a while, and then Chundoong gestured her to follow him. He led her outside to a small bench next to the tennis court and high bars, where G.O. was working out. They watched G.O. do a couple of chin ups before Minji spoke again.

“Chundoong Oppa, if you had to choose, would you choose the one who you like or the one who actually likes you back?”

“Hmm?” Chundoong looked quizzedly at her. “What do you mean? Give me more information about this…situation.”

“So, you think you really like this girl, right? And you really think she could be the one. But you’re not sure if she likes you. Then, your really good friend tells you that she likes you. Who do you pick?”

Chundoong could guess at her inner troubles (after all, Seungho-hyung’s liking Minji wasn’t exactly a secret at the dorm, and Minji and Joonie-hyung’s relationship was pretty obvious, considering how they act around each other,) but he decided to answer her straightforwardly.

“I would like the one I liked in the first place. You don’t like someone as a second option. If you want to like someone, then do it wholeheartedly. Otherwise, you aren’t worthy to give that person your feelings.”

“But you like the friend too! Or, you think you like the friend anyways.”

Chundoong raised an eyebrow. “Think?” He took a deep breath. “Liking someone isn’t something you think about. Liking someone is giving it your all. You don’t need to think about it. Just go with your feelings. Trust yourself.”

“Maybe you used to like that friend, then you got over them. But now you feel like you might like them again.”

“Which one do you think about most?”

“Joo—I mean—Who?”

 “Which one of the two do you think about the most? The one you liked initially, or the friend?”

“I…I don’t know! I…Just tell me who to pick!”

Chundoong looked at her, off in her own world, confused, anguished, sad.

He swallowed. “Your feelings are entirely your own, but you can’t change them, and you can’t force yourself to like someone. Perhaps your feelings for the friend were just buried deep beneath the platonic relationship, only to bubble out at times like this. You’re helpless, and you can’t push those feelings back down, but you know you can’t be together. Right?”

Minji nodded, but kept her eyes on the ground.

Chundoong continued, “If I were you, I’d pick the one who you care for most. I know it’s hard to pick, but if you must, choose what your heart says, not your brain. It may seem like the right thing to just keep liking that same person, yet there’s no right in love.

…So, if I were you, I’d pick Joon-hyung.”

Minji glanced at him, startled. She sputtered, but chundoong just kept going.

“It may seem right for you to like Seungho-hyung, since you’ve liked him, but if you feel like you have feelings for Joon-hyung, then follow what your heart tells you.”

Chundoong smiled at her. “They both care about you, Minji. And I know they’ll both support and accept you, whomever you pick.”

Minji returned the smile, then started getting up.

G.O. had finished his chin ups, and yelled in her direction, “Just for the record, I’m so Team Seungho!” He flashed her a thumbs up and winked.

Chundoong laughed along and watched her go into the building. As the door closed, however, his smile wavered and he covered his face in his hands.

G.O. walked over to him and put a comforting arm around his shoulders.

Chundoong mumbled, “I’ve always been there for her, but she’s never looked at me like I’m worth anything. Why? Why doesn’t she like me?”

 

Pwahahahahaaa~~A/N: Go vote on that poll-y thing-y on the front page! It's...pretty sweet, considering how wieldy I am with a computer, heh...Hope you're enjoying the story, my dear readers! I love you all <3<3~~ and especially YOU (yes, you).