First Years and Introductions

Coffee Shop

[Uneditted]

 

“…But then again I think just about everyone looks familiar. Nevermind.” You let out a breath as you stared out the window, fiddling with your fingers as he continued to study you.

He doesn’t know who I am. That’s great. No one needs to learn about my low life.

You peered at him nervously, surprised to see him already gazing at you quite intently. You turned your attention back on the standing suitcase, tugging it along towards the neatly folded bed on one side of the room.

“…Is this my bed?” You questioned doubtfully, scratching your head lightly before pulling it back down.

“Hahaha…No. Your bed is on the other side.” He pointed towards the other bed, in which you widened your eyes at the site of a much neater bed.

“…What. Are you sure?” You pointed towards the bed, and then focused the finger back on you.

 “Hahaha…No. I was joking. Yes, that’s your bed.” He gestured at the bed and you sighed in relief. You eyed his bed once more before turning around, settling the case snuggly underneath the metal beams of the bed frame. You eyed his bed once more before sitting on your bed.

Why is his bed-

“Are you wondering why my bed is so much neater?” His questions jolted you awake, and you slowly nodded, before giving a soft sheepish smile. You fiddled with the blankets on your bed as you waited for his response.

“We have cleaners here, as this is one of the most expensive and advanced colleges offered in Seoul, but the staff attendants usually pay more attention to the floors than the beds. They say ‘who knows what lives underneath the sheets’, as there’s a lot of nasty things that goes around this place. Instead, you have to neaten up your own beds from now on. Your bed was abruptly put into this dorm and hastily made. I was wondering what was going on, as it just mysteriously happened in the middle of maths homework.” He responded, smiling amusedly.

“But why put both genders in one dorm?” You asked quietly, staring down at the shiny floors of the room. You looked back up to see him parting his lips open, but closing them just as quickly.

“That’s what I would like to know.” He grimaced as he said the words, staring at the wall behind you.

The two of you sat there in the neutral silence, until your question shocked him.

“Who are you?” You spoke, fiddling with your hair while obliviously avoiding his incredulous expression. “Are you Seung Hyun?”

“How do you know my real name?” You heard the panic behind his words, and you fumbled for the right reply.

“It says on the noticeboard…Wait, what do you mean by real-“He dashed out of the room, holding a pocket knife and a small sticky note as you were cut off. You stared unbelievably at the knife in his hand. What? I’m living with a killer?

 

You continued setting up until the click and opening of the door made you raise your head. Looking up, you let out a weak ‘what’ before lowering your head to its previous position. The shining glare of the knife flickered onto the walls, making it harder for you to concentrate on the settling in. You mentally sighed, turning around to meet the gaze of the boy

“What was that for?” You rasped, staring at the door in confusion as he with the knife, flipping it open just as quickly. He turned towards you, parting it open and closing it. You fixed your gaze on your bed as you waited for his response.

“Do you know who I am?” You stared at him, finding it difficult to comprehend his question. What do you mean if I know who you are? Of course not? He studied you for a moment, before repeated the question.

“Do you know who I am?” You looked at him closely, eyeing his frown, before shaking your head in a negative respond

“…Are you sure you don’t know who I am?” You scanned his confused expression, and once again, shook your head.

“Ok…never mind. Do you know who Big Bang is?” You peered at him in curiosity, wondering about what on earth he was talking about, before shaking your head again. What’s with the names?  You scratched your head lightly, fixing your gaze outside the window. He broke the silence with a harsh cough.

“I’m TOP.” He gruffly said looking at you expectantly. You finally realised what he wanted, and mentally face-palmed yourself.

“Oh… I’m Su Yan.” You held your hand out. He squinted at the sudden gesture, shaking it quickly before pulling it away.

“Are you a fan pretending?” You gawked at his sudden accusation, your eye twitching slightly. You frowned. What fan?

“No.” You muttered quietly but with boldness. He glanced at you in surprise.

“Ohh…Then..Um..Mianhae.” He awkwardly replied, rubbing his neck in shame after his harsh words. You left it at that, taking your book from your bag and starting to read as you sat at one of the desks. Flicking through the frail, yellowed pages, you started losing interest and ambled towards your bed, pulling the zippers of you backpack open. You fumbled through the multiply pages until catching sight of the bright orange sheet.

4PM – Introductions

Skimming the room for a clock, you peeked at the time.

There’s ten minutes to go.

You stood up from the bed, heading towards the bathroom. Closing the door, you refreshed yourself, neatly tying your hair into a ponytail before heading out. Top was skimming your orange note, hearing you cough behind him. He dropped the sheet and you raised an eyebrow at him.

“Oh! You have introductions in about eight minutes. You should get going.” He gestured at the door and you observed him. You shrugged, slipping into your sneakers, hearing the last few words before you left dorm.

“Ignore you ever heard Seung Hyun, You may only call me Top from now on.” You faltered for a moment, before continuing your walk towards the heart of the college.

 

oOoOo

 

“Ok! Welcome first years to college. We will start off by giving you a tour.” Sung Kyu said as you glimpsed at the massive grounds. He started walking, and your mob trailed right after him.

“This is the library.” He gestured behind him as you gaped at the massive building. You looked at the others, wondering why they looked so bored, before realising they were the rich people. You were the only scholarship. Hiding your shocked expressions, you put on a poker face.

 

“…And this is the gym. We will stay here for a while.” The head regarded. You looked around, eyeing the advanced equipment.

“Ok…Partner up.” You looked up in astonishment, finally realising you still didn’t know anyone. You turned around when a quick tap on your shoulder jolted you. Meeting with a bored face, you quickly averted her gaze.

“Partner? You don’t have anyone so I figured.” You stared at the girl again, mildly nodding your head.

“Good. I’m Park So Ra.” She held out her hand out and you shook it.

“Lee Su Yan.” You replied as you broke off the sudden contact.

“Now introduce yourself to this person.” Sung Kyu’s voice boomed. You turned around and met the expected gaze of Sora.

“Are you one of those crazy fan girls that only come here for Big Bang, and have the money?” You tilted your heads sideways.

“Nooo….-“

“Really?” You frowned in annoyance.

“What’s with everyone and Big Bang… What is Big Bang?” Sora nearly stumbled, and you held her just in time.

“Uhh…Nevermind. Are you one of the rich, or one of the normal?” Your confident posture slouched a bit, and you chewed on your bottom lip at the sudden question.

“You can trust me, unless you’re some pathetic person.”

“I-I’m a…Scholarship.” She stared at you with wide eyes, and you looked away embarrassed. She opened her arms and stretched them around you, embracing you tightly. You let out an inaudible whimper at the sudden gesture. She dropped her cold mask, letting you see her friendly character behind it.

“Oh my god. We need more people like you. Welcome to Seoul Performing Arts College.” Screeched Sora.

“Thanks… Wait… what do you mean we need more people like you?” You questioned. You were honestly curious about her answer.

“Well…you know… rich people with their y daughters. So like coming here only to gain rank and continually stalk kpop idols. They’re not exactly smart, and don’t deserve to study here, but they’re offered only for the money.” She explained making you a feel slightly surprised.

“And you’re saying this because…?” You trailed off and she chuckled.

“No, I’m not a scholarship. Yes, I’m rich. But unlike the rest, I do pay attention to my studies. You do not know how easy it is to beat the girls in tests. The boys are sooooo much smarter, despite me regarding girls’ superior.” She tugged on your arm desperately, and you smiled softly.

“Are all the girls heads over heels for the guys?”

“OH. MY. GOD. YES. Most of them came from the same high school I use to go to, and usually all they’d do is fan girl.” She kicked the polished floors and you gently let out a suppressed laugh.

“Let’s become good friends, Sora?” She smiled and you returned it whole-heartedly.

 

The two of you finished the duration of the introductions, walking out of the gym and enjoying each other’s company.

“What are your interests, Sora?” You asked lightly as you walked towards the library.

“I’m doing photography. I like to read too, and enjoy eating very much.” She grinned cheekily. “You?”

“Arts…Like visual arts. I also like reading and eating food. I’ve been dreaming to go overseas to visit and taste different cultures. How exciting.” You sighed dreamily, and Sora poked you stomach.

“So why don’t you?” You paused, dragging her towards one of the many empty corners in the library.

“I’m… poor.” You replied, sighing sadly, looking at her as she nodded her head in understanding. You glanced at the clock, realising you had a shift to complete.

“Oh..Uh  Sora? I have to go to my part-time job. Did you want to go back to your dorm, or…?”

“I’ll come with you. I’m hungry anyways. I’ll pick up some food along the way.” She replied, and you eyed her carefully.

“Did you know that I worked at a café?” You responded, and her smile grew.

“No I didn’t, but in that case, I’ll take a bite there too.” She winked at you, grabbing a small stack of books towards the check-out systems. Tugging on your arm, she led you out of the library, and you both headed towards the front gate. Taking a deep breath, you stepped out, leading the way towards the small shop.

 

oOoOo

 

“You take the front entrance. I need to go through the back.” You hurriedly said, waving a quick farewell before lunging towards the back door. Greeted with the aromatic scents of baking pastries and mixed coffees, you couldn’t help but grin at the cosy, heart-warming feelings.

“Sir I’m here!” You shouted across the room as you placed on your work clothes. You opened the door towards the restaurant, meeting Chan Young’s gaze.

“Su Yan! You came! How was it?” Before you could say anything, he hugged you in a tight embrace. You yelped in surprise, struggling to pull out of his grip, before replying excitedly.

“Oh my god. You should see how pretty and modern and neat and huge and fabulous and ama-“He wrapped a hand around your mouth, silencing your voice in an instant. You huffed as you tugged his hand off.

“You’re so mean. You ask for my opinion, and you don’t even want to acknowledge it!” You glared at him sarcastically, folding your arms over your chest.

“Get back to work.” You sent him a mischievous grin, shoving him towards the counter as he ran a hand through his hair. Holding a note book, you walked over to the waiting Sora.

 


 

AN: Greetings from Kookiesnkreamx3 and Sandra_luvs_Kpop :D

So... how was this chappie? So yeah. It takes around 6/7 days to update as wedon't see each other often.

This chapter was slightly longer than the previous one. Tis one was around 2000 words, and it was going to continue cos I wrote a lot more, but let that be for next chapter ;)

I get my computer confiscated. ;-; So that means I have to write it manually before I can type it up onto the computer. Which is a real pain in the .

I'm so freaking happy. The exams are over. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 8DDD

And yeaaahhh. c: Happy belated Halloween xD /throws lollies in the air/

 

 

 

 

 

 

....Is there anyone wiling to make a poster? ><