Sister Act VIII: The Incident

In Her Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I'm so, so thankful nothing major happened. Did you know how much I was freaking out at home wondering what could've happened during those two days your parents were home?" Kibum complained.

It was the Monday after Jaerin's parents had left the country.

"I'm going to kill that Chae Taeyeon once I see her," Kibum continued with a murderous glare.

Jaerin smiled at him, "thanks Kibum."

Looking at her, he blushed a little, "for what?"

"Just... everything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chop all of these up, put it..."

zzzzz...

"...now, we have some local news..."

"Appa! Why'd you switch the channel? They were teaching the carbonara recipe!" Kibum whined.

He had been lounging on the living room sofa, watching his favorite cooking channel "Everyone Can Cook with Jo Hwan Sung".

"It's the news time. Shhh, keep quiet for now," his father replied.

Kibum knew better than to quarrel with his father, who would never fail to watch the news whenever he was at home.

He decided to head to his room to continue with the show online instead. However, the scene shown on the television screen caught his eye.

That place looks familiar...

"Jaerin!" Kibum screeched out, scaring his father.

"Huh?"

"Sorry appa, I've got to go out!" Kibum called out. He quickly changed in his room before dashing out, after giving a quick wave to his parents and apologizing to his mother for not having dinner at home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's see... are there any new things happening?" Jonghyun asked.

He was talking to himself out loud, a habit that he does often, while he was surfing the internet.

Jonghyun might not be the most studious person, but that does not mean that he was not interested in the current events around the world. He likes to be in the loop, and if he does not know what is happening, how can he say that he is smart, knowledgeable-

"Wait a minute... ert found lurking around neighborhood area...? What a sicko... I wonder where he is..." Jonghyun had already clicked the article, and was stunned.

"Huh? Isn't that Taeyeon and Jaerin's area?" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"Flashed at a girl?!" He had continued reading, "STOLE UNDERWEAR? That means he actually went into the girls' houses! The victims usually stay alone...? Aren't... aren't Taeyeon's parents out most of the time? Is two girls considered as alone? What the...?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Isn't her house a little quiet...?" Kibum wondered, "is the ert already inside?"

He tried to look in through the windows. Walking from one window to the other, he wondered if there were any that was open, or at least are not covered by the curtains.

"Oh why am I so stupid? I can just message her!" Kibum smacked his head, then proceeded to take out his phone.

"You ert! Are you trying to take photos of Jaerin and Taeyeon?! HIYA!"

With that, Kibum was tackled to the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 minutes earlier...

"I hope nothing's happening..." Jonghyun prayed while he sped up his pace.

He had just arrived at the bus stop and was heading over to the girls' house.

Nearing the house he had been frequenting for a few weeks ever since he got to know that Jaerin is his friend's sister, he noticed someone suspicious. He quickly hid behind the trees to spy on that person.

"Can it be the ert?" he muttered to himself.

Observing the person, he saw how he went from one window to another, trying to look into the house the whole time.

Gotcha.

He did not see the person's face, but even from the back he could tell that the guy had taken out his phone.

"Trying to take their photos? Oh no, you don't!" Jonghyun ran towards the ert.

"You ert! Are you trying to take photos of Jaerin and Taeyeon?! HIYA," he shouted.

He jumped with such a force that the guy was pushed to the ground.

"Wha-?" the guy cried out while falling down forward.

"How dare you? You ert!" Jonghyun told him while he turned the guy over to look at his face; just in case he ran away before the police came, at least he could be a witness.

"Kibum?" Jonghyun was stunned, "you're the criminal?"

"Jjong?" Kibum had the same expression on his face, "what're you doing... wait, what do you mean I'm the criminal?! Did you hear about the ert incident and came to catch him as well?"

Jonghyun suddenly understood, "as well? You mean you're also here t-..."

"What're you two doing?"

The two boys turned to the source of the voice, only to see Jaerin staring down at them both.

Wait a minute...

Dreading what they would see, they turned back towards each other and realized that they were caught in a very compromising position.

Jonghyun was on his knees.

He was on top of Kibum.

While pinning Kibum's wrists on the ground.

Kibum was on lying the ground, facing him.

Scratch that. It was extremely compromising.

With a speed probably faster than superman, the two broke apart faster than you can think of the word "hey".

"It's not what you think!" Jonghyun tried to explain immediately.

"W-we... We're errr..." Kibum

Please log in to read the full chapter