Sister Act IV: The Exchange

In Her Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Kibum-ssi, I need help with my outfit for school tomorrow. Would you be able to come over today?" Jaerin read out loud the message she had typed, planning to send to Kibum.

While Taeyeon brought their spare phone and got a new SIM card to be used in the US, she left her own handphone with Jaerin, in case her friends contacted her.

"Is that okay? Does that sound too informal? Should I retype it?" Jaerin pondered, then shook her head, "no. I need to be in my role. Kibum-ssi is now a female friend to me."

From: Kim Kibum
Fine. I'll be over in the afternoon
around 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"erm... Come in," Jaerin awkwardly welcomed Kibum into her house.

With only a nod of acknowledgement to her, he went straight to Taeyeon's wardrobe, or rather, her walk-in closet.

"I don't think you have anything that would make others think of you as Taeyeon," Kibum told her bluntly, while giving a glance to her small cupboard, which had only a few simple clothes. The difference in size between the two closets was pretty great.

Kibum kept his focus on the current season's fashion, all of which were hung up at the left side of the room.

"Tomorrow, you'll wear this top, with this pair of pants," Kibum told her. After thinking for a while, he took hold of four other sets and passed it to her, "wear these for the rest of the week. And do not mess up the order. This blue top does not go with the red skirt; neither does this dress match that floral scarf. Just wear them exactly as I handed it to you, okay?"

"Okay," Jaerin replied meekly, "thanks for the help Kibum-ssi."

Kibum was about to head out when he turned to her, "and don't forget, do not call me Kibum-ssi in front of the others. Taeyeon doesn't use formality with me, so you shouldn't either. And to make sure you don't mess up, call me as she does when we're alone too, alright?"

"Yes Kibum-ssi," Jaerin answered, and received a glare from the boy. She hurriedly corrected herself, "I'm sorry, Kibum...ah?"

"That's better, but next time, don't say my name as if it's a question. I'll be off now," Kibum gave her a curt nod, and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Taeyeon, how's it going?"

"Hi, errrm... I was busy. So... peace out..."

"Taeyeon! What's up?"

"Hi, I'm... chilling..."

 

"Stop stop stop..." Kibum pulled Jaerin aside after she had awkwardly returned everyone's greeting. "What's with the 'peace out' and 'I'm chilling'?"

Jaerin looked down and fiddled with her fingers, "well... Those are words I heard Taetae use with her friends normally... So I thought I should use it too..."

Kibum rolled his eyes, "yes she does use it, and yes you are trying to..." he lowered his voice, "act as her... but not if you're using it so awkwardly that it's better if you talked normally!"

"Really? But I thought..." she started, but closed when she saw his glare, "okay... I understand."

"That's better, now let's head to class before you

Please log in to read the full chapter