The Coffee Girl

I will protect you

The next morning before Doojoon goes to work, he looks at himself in the mirror. “It’s obvious I got hit” he said to himself. He then took his coat and went to work as usual.

 

He quickly walked into his office so that his workers do not see his beat up face but then Dongwoon entered his office without knocking.

 

“Oh boss, you surprised me! I didn’t know you were inside. I’m sorry, I should have knocked beforehand” Dongwoon bowed.

 

“It’s okay Dongwoon ah” Dongwoon stood straight up and looked at his boss. “What happened to your face?” he asked.

 

“Someone punched me yesterday back from work. I couldn’t see his face but he warned me not to come to her house anymore” Doojoon replied.

 

“Her house? Who?” Dongwoon asked.

 

“The girl who work at the coffee shop in front of this building” after saying that, Doojoon thought of something. “Dongwoon ah, can you get a telescope for me?”

 

“We don’t have a telescope in this building” Dongwoon answered. “Then buy one. Faster” Doojoon instructed.

 

About 30 minutes later, Doojoon got his wish, to own a telescope in his office. He put the telescope near the window and focused to your workplace but his office is too high up.

 

“I need to change my office” Doojoon said as he lifted his head up from the telescope.

 

“Why so sudden?” asked Dongwoon. “Something just doesn’t feel right” Doojoon answered.

 

“This room?” Dongwoon asked. “Aniya” Doojoon shook his head and seems to be thinking so Dongwoon stopped his questions about Doojoon’s odd behavior since morning.

 

“Dongwoon ah, can you make a room with the view of the coffee shop on the 5th floor?” Doojoon asked.

 

“Sure I can” Dongwoon said and took out his phone and started talking to the person on the other line.

 

“Dongwoon ah. I want the telescope in my office on the 5th floor. While waiting for that to finish, what coffee do you want?” Doojoon spoke very quickly, taking his coat hanging on his chair and went off to the door without waiting for Dongwoon’s reply.

 

“Aigoo, that man. What has gotten to him?” Dongwoon spoke to himself.

 

Doojoon was in a rush to the coffee shop to meet you. As he reached there and saw you at the counter, he walked to you and greeted you. “Anneyonghaseyo” he said.

 

“Anneyonghaseyo” you bowed back and said “What will be your order sir?”

 

He took a very long time looking at the menu, buying some time to stay. “Sir, if there isn’t anything you’d like to have…” you started off gently, trying to tell him that there are other customers waiting in line.

 

“I’ll just have a black coffee” Doojoon bluntly spoke before you even finish your words. You were taken aback by his sudden action because 10 minutes ago, he was really quiet and just stared blankly at the menu behind you.

 

“Your drink will be done in less than a minute” you informed. “What’s the longest drink to make?” he asked.

 

“Roasted expresso” you answered. “Then I will have 3 of that” Doojoon said.

 

“You can wait over there while I serve other customers” you said, pointing at an empty table.

 

“Chokiyo…”

 

“Neh?” you looked up from the cashier to Doojoon but he just stared blanky at you. “You have any more you’d like?” you asked.

 

“Do you not remember me?” he asked. “Jesuhamnida, I have never seen you anywhere” you lied. “I hope he just walks away, I don’t want to cause any trouble with father” you thought to yourself.

 

“It’s me, the one who bought you the shirt yesterday”

 

“Why is he bringing that up?” your mind spoke. “Ahh yes. It was you” you smiled in hope he would just let you go.

 

“I was wondering if I can have your phone number” Doojoon said. At that time, your eyes caught something outside the shop, your brother Junhyung, watching you.

 

“I apologize but I don’t have a phone”

 

“The drinks are finished” Yeoseob told you but you seemed shaken. “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine, Yeoseob ah” you replied to your co-worker and tried to act normal, taking the drinks from him and gave them to Doojoon quickly. You wanted Doojoon to just leave and not cause any trouble that involves your dad.

 

Doojoon felt you acting weird so he just kept quiet, paid for the drinks and walked back to his building.

 

“Your new office is ready” Dongwoon said. They both then went into the new room and Doojoon gave the drinks to Dongwoon “Finish them all”

 

“Yah Doojoonie, why did you buy so many?” Dongwoon whined. Doojoon adjusted the telescope to focus on you before he sat down his chair.

 

“Just what is it that you’re keeping an eye for?” Dongwoon looked through the telescope to see what Doojoon was looking at.

 

“Whoa Yoon Doojoon~ I see you’re having an interest in this coffee girl eh? You’re finally gonna make your parents wish to come true?” Dongwoon teased.

 

“What are you saying Dongwoon ah? I don’t have that kind of interest at her. I’m just worried for her”

 

“You’re saying you’re not planning to marry this girl? Yah Doojoonie, when are you going to get married? Your parents want grandchildrens!”

 

“Shhh Dongwoon ah, the others would hear us”