♡ Chapter 4 ♡

When you wish upon a star

Sung Gyu kept thinking about what Byung Hun had said to him. “Rich, bratty kid? Rich, yes, but I am in no way bratty. How the hell am I bratty?” he thought. He was a grump because of it. Luckily, it was the weekend so he didn’t have to go to school

“Yah, orphan girl,” he poked her, “yah, wake up it’s already noon, you pig.” After tickling her awake he told her what was announced that morning. “You have to clean the room.”

“This room is ours though. Shouldn’t you have to clean it too?”

“Fine, fine, I’ll help.”

‘Helping’ is a term that Sung Gyu does not know the definition of because what he was doing the whole time was bossing her around. “Pick up dirty clothes,” “dust this,” “dust that,” “fold the clothes,” “hang them up,” and “make it look pretty.” He was giving all of these commands and more from the comfort of his bed. Mei Ting was getting annoyed, but she, being the kind person she was, didn’t complain. She did get an idea though.

Broom in hand, she was dusting the floor. She suddenly throws the broom at Sung Gyu and he got hit in the face with it. “Your turn to clean I have to go do my school project bye!” she said in a long string and she was out the door before he could say anything.

She went to look for Sung Jong because she wasn’t lying. They still haven’t done the play for history class. When she finally found his dorm, she lightly knocked on the door. Woo Hyun opened the door. His hair was disheveled and his eyes were half closed. It looked like he just woke up, which was surprising considering it was only 3 o’clock in the afternoon. “Ugh, who are you and what do you want?” he asked grumpily, not even bothering to look.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Lu Mei Ting imnida. I’m looking for Sung Jong-ssi? Do you know where he is?”

“Go to Myung Soo’s dorm; it’s 3 doors down to my right,” he said and slammed the door. Afterwards, he most likely crawled back into bed and went back to dreamland. She went to Myung Soo’s dorm and knocked.

“Sung Yeol! Get the door!” she heard someone yell from inside and a tall guy with glasses opened the door. She looked at him in awe. His dark brown hair and glasses made him look perfect in her eyes.

“Jeogiyo. Jeogiyo, nuguseyo?” She snapped out of her days and began stuttering out words.

“Ah- a-annyeonghasey-yo M-Mei Ting-g i-imnid-da.”

“Gwenchana?”

“Ne.” They just stood there a while in silence.

“Are you looking for someone?”

“Oh! I’m looking for Lee Sung Jong-ssi.”

“He’s here. Come in.”

She walked inside and saw Myung Soo and Sung Jong talking.

“Sung Jong-ssi, we need to do the project.”

“What project?” he asked.

“The acting one. For history,” she said in a matter-of-factly tone.

“Wooo~! Acting!” Myung Soo interrupted. “Oh yeah! You’re that girl who made fun of our English skills. Rude.”

“My remarks weren’t lies though. Sung Jong-ssi, let’s start with the balcony scene.”

“Balcony scene?”

“Yes. Here’s the book. I’ll start.”

“But I’m supposed to go first. I’m Romeo, right?”

“Fine, then go.” Sungjong was horrible. His English was bad; his acting . So, Mei Ting just accepted the fact that she was going to get a horrible grade.


Mei Ting was hanging out with Byunghun and Chanhee in their room.

"Why is my life horrible?" she asked.

"Why is your life horrible? I'm in it, aren't I? I'm awesome," Byunghun joked. Her reply was pushing him off the bed he was lying on.

"Conceited! Maybe that's why my life is horrible!" she retorted, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Guys! Guys! Guys!" Chanhee was excitedly jumping up and down in front of the window. "There's a shooting star! And it's 11:11! Hurry, hurry, make a wish!" I wish I was the popular one, Mei Ting thought, knowing it wouldn't come true anyways. Just because she wished for it didn't mean it would happen.


"AHHHHHHHH!" Eun Mi and Mei Ting simutaneously screamed when they looked in the mirror the next morning, waking up their roommates.

"Mei Ting? What's wrong?" Sung Gyu asked.

"Oppa? What are you doing here?

"Since when did you call me 'Oppa'?"

"Oppa, it's me! Eun Mi, Do Eun MI!"

"But.... You look like Mei Ting?"

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING! OPPA, HELP ME! I'M STUCK IN THIS HORRIBLE ODY!" Mei Ting wasn't taking it any better. For one thing, her roommate was now a girl. It was weird. For another thing, she looked like the witch who bullied her! Her first instinct was to run to Byunghun's room.

"BYUNGHUN, BYUNGHUN, OPEN THE DOOR!!"

"Who is it?"

"Mei Ting! It's Mei Ting!"

"You don't sound like Mei Ting though. Wait- Aren't you Do Eun Mi?" He realized when he opened the door.


Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Comment and Subscribe~

Thank you for reading

<3,

Ming