Unsure

Life Goes On With or Without us

“Is that…?” her hands were covering .

He smirks and walks towards her, “It is a journal of girl that got married by force.” He opens the cover, “The guy was a jerk, he never knew how much she suffered being with him. He never loved her but she always loved him from the start. He blames her for everything that happened to him.”

BaoMing put her hand down, “What happen to them?” she asked. DongHyun looks at her.

“In the end he found out that she kept many secrets away from him, and that also kept him away from loving her. At the end she left him and only revealing her secrets through letters that she left him.” He sighs, “He was miserable and felt guilty.” He puts his head down, “But in his heart somewhere he knew there was hope.” DongHyun hands BaoMing the journal. “He knew she’ll come back.” BaoMing looks at him in the eyes.

“Did she come back?”

“She did.” He smirks, “But she changed. He doesn’t know if she’ll forgive him for all the things he has done to her.” He looks at her eyes for an answer but all he saw was blank. She was expressionless and stares back at him.

“That sounds like such a great story.” She holds the journal in her arms, “So how do you think it going to end?”

“How do you think it should end?” she gulps and stand up straight, “Do you think they’ll come back to each other?”

“We’ll just have to see about that?” BaoMing bows, “Good Night DongHyun. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She walks out baby room and carries EunMi in the car. When she looks at the door, DongHyun was at the door staring at BaoMing. She quickly opens the driver door and step in and drives off.

“I think they’ll end up back together.” He leans on the doorway and watches her drive away.

 

DongHyun was at his desk signing papers. The memory of last night are still in his head. He felt like a father to EunMi for the first time but at the same time could he do the same for DongWon. A smile crept onto his face.

“Sir. Sir. Sir?” DongHyun jumps out of his fantasy.

“Yes Yuri?”

“Ms. Han is ready to come meet you now.”

“Oh let her in.” he fixed his suit. BaoMing walks into the room in a black dress suit wearing a pencil skirt. In DongHyun eyes she was so y and hot. The way the suit curves around her body and the way her hair framed her face made his heartbeat race.

“Morning Mr. Kim.” BaoMing sat down in front of him.”

“Morning BaoMing.”

“Should we get down to business?” DongHyun nods and leans back in his chair. BaoMing opens her folder onto the desk. “Mr. Kim as it is shown here you had our protection once and now you are in need of it again, am I correct?”

“Yes.”

“Since you have been with us before I don’t need to go through the procedure or our rules, but I need you to sign these papers.” BaoMing takes out three contracts. DongHyun takes a glance at the papers

“What all of this?”

“The first paper is the contract with the company, saying that you are under our protection, but if you don’t follow our orders and gets hurt we will not be responsible. The second contract is that you are allowing our agency to do whatever necessary to protect you, for example if we need to confiscate some information or-.”

“I know those two but this one.” He holds up the last contract. BaoMing avoid his eyes, “A marriage contract?”

“Yes, I believe you already know all about this one in particular.” She smirks, “Since we are posing as a married couple,”

“But we are married.” She glares at him

“Like I said we are posing as a married couple so that I am able to stay closer to you. The contract clearly states that until the mission is complete, or the employer no longer needs our assistance this contract cannot be revoked.”

“That is it?” he leans forward onto his desk

“Yes.”  She leans back and crosses her legs, “Are there any question?”

“No.”

“Then I suggest you start signing those papers.” DongHyun took out a pen from his desk and signs all three contracts and give it back to BaoMing. She tucks them into the pocket folder.

“Ming?” She looks up at him, “What are you doing later?”

“Why?”

“I want to ask you out for lunch?” He looks up at her as she stood up.

“I’m sorry I have things to do see you Wednesday.” She bows, “Have a nice lunch.” She walks towards the door.

 

EunMi, and the twins were chasing each other around at the backyard of the guys’ backyard. JeongMin and Hyunseong was flying kite with DongWon. Minwoo was sitting on the back porch sighing. JeongMin nudges Hyunseong on the arm.

“What?” he whispers

“Minwoo.” Hyunseong turns and saw what JeongMin meant. Minwoo, the mankae that was supposed to be the happiest of the members, looked miserable. He was holding his chin up with one of his palms, leaning on the table “Go talk to him.”

Hyunseong gave his kite to JeongMin and walks towards the table. He sat next to Minwoo, but Minwoo didn’t even seem to notice him.

“Minwoo.”

“Huh?” Minwoo looks at his hyung, “Oh, hyung how long have you’ve been sitting there?” he was emotionless.

“Yah, Minwoo, why do look so miserable?”

“Do I?” he puts his arms in his lap.

“What wrong?” Minwoo sighs and looks at his hyung

“Hyung,” he sighs again, “Have you ever been in love?”

“No.” he looks at Minwoo and chuckles, “Wait, don’t tell me that you’re?” Minwoo nods and put his head down onto the table. “Who?” Hyunseong shook Minwoo, “Yah! Tell me.” Minwoo looks up at his hyung.

“Promise you won’t laugh.” Hyunseong nods. Minwoo sits up again, “I think I’m in love with Julia.”

“Bwoh?” Hyunseong was totally caught by surprise, “Julia, as in Hyung’s housemaid Julia.” Minwoo nods and looks down. “Why are you so upset about this?”

“Because I don’t know if she feels the same way or not.”

Will I -,”

“Hyungseong sir, Miss BaoMing is here.” A mid age man, in a black suit says

“Let her in Sun.” He bows and leaves. Hyungseong focus went back to Minwoo, “Let ask BaoMing about this. She more experience than I am.” Hyungseong stands up. “Hello BaoMing.” Minwoo stands up too.

“Hello noona.”

“Hello guys.” BaoMing takes a good look at Minwoo. She could tell something was off. “Minwoo ah, are you feeling okay?”

“Actually, Minwoo has something to talk to you about?” says Hyunseong

“Hyung!” he whined

“It alright if you don’t want to talks about it.” Says BaoMing, “But if you do ever need to talk to someone I’m here.” Minwoo nods and BaoMing walks off the porch, EunMi and DongWon ran to her.

 Hyunseong and Minwoo looks at BaoMing smiled at the kids. They could tell she loved them very much even though DongWon wasn’t her child to begin with.

“Do you ever wonder why hyung choose Minah?” whispers Minwoo

“I really don’t know, but hyung must have not been in the right mind.” Hyunseong looks at Minwoo, “Don’t make the same mistake of telling her your feelings until it too late.”

 

BaoMing was cooking dinner for Lisa, DongWon and EunMi.

“Umma did you already call ajussi?” ask EunMi. DongWon stood right beside her.

“Yes, I told ajussi that DongWon is sleeping over and I’ll send him to school tomorrow.” EunMi jumps up and down.

“Yeah!”  They both scream

“Now go and get ready for dinner. Tell Lisa ajumma too.”

“Ne.” They both said in unison and ran off. BaoMing just turn back and continue cooking. Her phone rings.

“Hello?” she picks up

“Ming?”

“DongHyun ssi, did you need something?”

“Umm…” he paces around in his living room, “I was just wondering about DongWon, is he doing okay?”

“He is doing fine. Waeyo?”

“Nothing.” He stutters, “I’m just not use to being alone in this house.”

“Why don’t you go and call Minah, I’m pretty sure she is available.” Replies BaoMing. It was quiet on the other end, “DongHyun?” she took a look at her cell and the call didn’t end, “DongHyun ah, are you still there?”

“I’m sorry.” DongHyun said, “I’m sorry for everything.” The line went dead.

“DongHyun? Kim DongHyun?” she puts her phone away and set the table for dinner.

 

BaoMing was fixing the bed for the three of them.

“Ming,” BaoMing looks up, “are you guys going to be okay in this room?”

“Unnie we’ll be okay. Just go to sleep we all have an early start tomorrow.” Lisa walks to her room. EunMi comes into the room with a clean face.

“Umma?” says EunMi

“Yes?”

“Where is oppa going to sleep?” BaoMing smile and picks up EunMi and puts her on the bed.

“DongWon oppa is going to sleep on the bed.”

“What about you?”

“Umma is sleeping on the bed too.”

“Is it going to fit all of us?”

“Yes.” BaoMing pokes EunMi’s nose, “Now let’s put you in bed so I can put your oppa in bed.” BaoMing puts EunMi under the covers then kiss her forehead, “Good Night baby.” EunMi closes her eyes and fell asleep. DongWon walks into the room.

“DongWon ah,” BaoMing pulls DongWon towards her. She notices his sad face. “What wrong?”

“I don’t want to sleep.”

“Waeyo?”

“Because if I do, when I wake up I have to go back to appa. I don’t want to go back to appa, I want to stay here with you and EunMi and Lisa ajumma.” She picks him up and puts him on her lap.

“DongWon ah, I told you that if you ever need someone BaoMing umma is going to be here. I’m not going anywhere. Plus your appa misses you; he called me earlier asking about you.” She sighs, “You DongWon ah there was a time when I thought your appa didn’t care about me either, but I was wrong he just didn’t want to care again, because every time he started to care he would get hurt. Then you came into his life and he was so happy. I remember his face when we were in Jeju and you guys played together, you guys had so much fun. Don’t you ever forget this though DongWon, you are your appa’s son and he loves you very much.” When she look down he was already asleep. She smirks and puts him slowly on the bed and cover him with a blanket. She kisses him on the forehead.

♪ Ring ring♫

“Hello?” she answered

“Ming ah, I’m sorry.”

“DongHyun?”

“I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done to you and EunMi. I know I shouldn’t have done it or let you leave me.” He sounds like he was crying, “DongWon hates me… he hates me. I’m bad appa.”

 BaoMing was confused, she then realize that something was off from the beginning of this conversation.

“DongHyun, are you drunk?”

“I don’t know.”

“Where are you?” she grabs her jacket, “Okay I’ll be right there.” She walks to Lisa’s room. Lisa just got done washing her face.

“Where are you going?”

“I got some business to take care of, watch the kids until I get back.” BaoMing leaves the house.