Chapter 8: The Chosen One

Clash Academy

"I know he has the heart to lead his fellow students. He will surely be a big help. He has already proven it many times. I think we had chosen the right person for the position." The President concluded.

"I guess we already made our decision?" The Chairman asked the rest of the members of the panel.

All of them nod their heads in agreement.

"Mr. Lee can you please call both of them to come in." The President commanded.

Sir Lee bowed his head, "Okay Mr. President."

He went out to call Suho and Min Na.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You and Suho were standing in front of the panel. You could hear your heart beating louder than your thoughts.

Suho could see at his peripheral vision that you were troubled.

The Chairman of the Board stood up.

"Oh no! Here it goes! Please please not me!" You thought.

"Mr. Kim Jun Myeon and Miss Han Min Na, in behalf of the members of the panel, we would like you to know that you are both assets of this Academy. You are both deserving for the position. However, just like any competition, one will win and one will lose. Mr. President will do the honors of announcing the next Two Moon Supreme Student Officer." The Chairman said.

The President stood up while Sir Lee handed something on him. It was a golden badge. The President walked and stood in front of the both of you as he showed the golden badge.

There were two crescent moons facing side by side. It was beautiful, it looked so precious. You and Suho's eyes brighten up as both of you stared at the badge.

"This is the first time that we will be giving this golden badge for the next Two Moon Supreme Student Officer. This badge symbolizes the pride of our academy so whoever wears this among the two of you, always remember that you carry the name of our academy. And this golden badge deserves to be yours." The President looked at you.

"Me?" You surprisingly asked. "But.."

The President smiled at you as he pinned the badge on your  uniform beside the academy logo.

Suho looked at you, he seemed to be surprised. Why was it so? Wasn't this what he wanted to happen?

"Miss Han, we chose you because we had seen how you answered. It came from your heart. We honor your honesty and your humility. The panel are really impressed. You are truly deserving Miss Han. Congratulations!" The President said as he tapped your shoulder.

Suho then offered his hand, "Congratulations Miss Han! As what the President had just said, you are deserving to be the Supreme Student Officer." He said as you were still in shocked. You looked at him. You shook his hand. You could not even utter a word. This was unbelievable!

"Miss Han, aren't you gonna say anything?" Sir Lee asked who was just beside the President that you did not notice that he was there because you were completely out of your mind.

Suho shook your arm and whispered, "Ya! Miss Han!"

Then, you were suddenly awake with your senses. "I am the chosen one? WHHHHY?!!!!" You thought.

"I am so sorry, I just don't know what to say really. I am completely out of my mind. I don't think I can do this Mr. President." You said.

The President smiled at you. "Miss Han, if I were in your place I would also reacted the same. But I already told you, the panel saw how genuine you are. You also said that you only prefer to be a follower, but good leaders all started to be as followers. Don't worry Miss Han..." as he looked at Suho and continued, "I am assigning Mr. Kim to be your guide. He has been the officer for 3 years and I am sure he will teach you everything you need to know and to do as a Supreme Student Officer. Right Mr. Kim?" The President asked.

"Me?" Suho thought.

"Him?" You thought.

"Of course, Mr President. I will be guiding Miss Han." Suho said.

"The panel knew that we can count on you Mr. Kim." The President said as he also looked at Sir Lee.

"And besides Mr. Lee will always be here to help you also. You got all our backs Miss Han." The President assured as he smiled at you.

"Thank you so much Mr. President." You said.

The President turned his back and faced the panel. "I guess we are all done. Let us give a warm welcome to our new and first female Two Moon Supreme Student Officer, Miss Han Min Na!"

All of them applauded. Then one by one the members of the panel approached you and congratulated you. They also did the same for Suho.

Then it was Sir Lee who was the last. "Congratulations Miss Han!" He said and shook your hand as he smiled. He also looked at Suho, "Mr. Kim, still congratulations to you. You did a great job!"

Both of you thanked him.

"I guess I am left with no choice." You thought.

-----------------------------------------------------

A motorcycle parked in front of Lucky Blossoms. The driver removed his helmet and went down to his motor.

He entered the shop. He smiled as he saw Mrs. Han who also smiled as he entered.

He bowed his head and greeted Mrs. Han, "Annyeong ahjumma! I am here to pick the flowers."

"Oh just wait here. I'll just get it okay?" Mrs. Han answered. She picked two bouquet of white roses at the basket behind her. She then handed it to him.

"I wonder why that girl is not yet saying her sweetest 'Yes' to be your girl. Maybe she doesn't like white roses?" Mrs. Han said.

"Aissh ahjumma, I always tell you this is not for a girl." He smiled as he was already holding the bouquets.

"Aigoo, then for who?" Mrs. Han asked curiously.

He did not respond. He gave his payment, "Bye ahjumma! Kamsahamnida!"


 

He was about to leave.

"Ya! Aren't you gonna tell me already?" Mrs. Han still asked.

"Not yet!" He smiled as he went out of the shop.

"That kid really! He has been buying my flowers for a long time and still doesn't reveal it yet to me." Mrs. Han told herself.

---------------------------------------------------

It was already quite late in the evening. Everybody was already asleep. As you were alone in the living room, sitting at the sofa while staring down at your World Literature book. What happened was just truly unthinkable.

"Min Na, why are you still awake?" Your father asked as he sat down beside you. "Advanced reading? That's too much huh. You need to rest." He tapped your shoulder.

You leaned your head on your father's shoulder. "Appa, I have something to tell you about my scholarship." You said.

"Your scholarship? What about it? Hmm?" Your father asked as he your hair.

You straightened yourself as you faced him. "I already told you and mother about all the benefits of my scholarship right? I am sorry I lied. I haven' t told you everything yet." You confessed.

"What? You lied? Explain this Min Na." Your father replied with a serious face.

"Father, as I had been given the rare Two Moon Scholarship Program, the President and the Board of Trustees decided to chose me as one of the candidate for the Two Moon Supreme Student Officer. A positon sort of like a President of the Student Council." You said with a sad face.

"Wow! That's amazing Min Na! And what's wrong about that? Aren't you should be happy?" Your father inquired.

"You know me Appa. I hate leading others. I am not good at it. And early this morning, my fellow candidate and I faced the panel ago to chose among the two of us who will be deserving for the position." You answered.

"And? What happened?" Your father asked.

You suddenly became sad. "I was chosen."

"You were chosen?" Your father excitingly reassured as he held both of your hands.

You nodded.

Your father hugged you tightly. "My Min Na! I am so proud of you! You are really amazing! My girl is really unbelievable!" He said as he almost shouted.

But you pulled away from him.

"But Appa you know I can't do it. I am not good. I can't be a leader. I..." Your father put his finger on your lips.

"Sshhh.. Min Na why are you giving up so easily? Why are you underestimating yourself? Listen, the Min Na that I know doesn't give up easily. She is always determined. She is courageous. That is my Min Na, that is my daughter." Your father said as he smiled at you.

You were touched with his words. Tears began to fall from your eyes. Your father made you remember who you really were.

You hugged your father. "Aah.. Appa! I love you so much. Thank you for encouraging me. Thank you for being a good father to me. Thank you for giving me strength."

He wiped the tears from your eyes. "I love you more Min Na. You know that I will always be here for you. You are a brave girl Min Na. It is not an accident that they chose you. They chose you because they saw something in you, that thing that they know is needed for the position." Your father said.

You looked up at him. "What is it?" You asked.

He point to your chest. "Your heart. You have a good heart Min Na."

------------------------------------------------------------

"Director Kim, young master is already here." The butler said as he bowed his head.

Director Kim stood up from his seat and approached Suho.

"You may leave us." Director Kim told to the butler.

The butler bowed his head and left the room.

"Now I am surely dead." Suho thought.

"I am tired. I just came from a seminar at London and this kind of news welcomes me?! You think I didn't know what you had done at the deliberation a while ago! Ya! Jun Myeon! Answer me! What are you thinking?" Director Kim shouted as he scolded Suho.

He bowed his head. "Joesonghabnida, father."

His father was about to slapped Suho's face but he just clenched his fist and slowly put it down to his side.

Suho saw it. "Just hit me. It will be more easy to me to endure it than to hear your words." He thought.

"For 3 years, you never disappointed me, only today. This is such a shame for me as a board member. You fooled around because I was not there at the deliberation, am I right? So you think I will be happy for giving away to your fellow candidate? Such a shame, a female defeated you! Now go away before I go crazy! You are ruining my evening!" His father told him.

"I am sorry father." Suho said as he went out of the room.

Mrs. Kim, Suho's mother was just outside waiting for him. He approached Suho.

"No, don't." Suho said as he stopped her mother from hugging him. "I am okay." He assured but deep inside of him it was not.

"Jun Myeon, just understand your father. He is just tired. He just wants you to be the best person. You know he cares for you." His mother comforted.

"I know. I know." He held his mothers hand and kissed her at her forehead. "Good night mother. I'll go now to my room. I need to sleep." Suho said.

Then he walked away from her and went to his room.

"You never disappointed me, only today."

He remembered his father's words to him as he clenched his fist tightly.