Chapter 47: Clash of the EXO

Clash Academy

You gently knocked thrice at Sir Lee's office. As you entered, he was in the middle of talking to someone over the telephone. He smiled as he gestured his hand, telling you to take a seat. You bowed and sat as you waited for him to be done conversing over the telephone.

"Kamsahamnida. Just call me again ma'am if there's anything else that you need." He said as he put down the telephone.

He arranged his tie and smiled at you.

"Hello, Officer Han. I'm sorry for making you wait. That was Vice-President-nim I was talking with a while ago." He said.

"It's okay sir." You replied.

"So what brings you here in my office? Aren't you supposed to be at home today Officer Han? Classes today are only half day." Sir Lee said as he smiled.

"I know sir. But I came here to ask you, if you knew anything about this?" You asked as you took away the photograph and placed it on his table.

Sir Lee picked the photograph and you didn't expect that he would be smiling at what he had seen. He sighed after wards.

"I guess, you unexpectedly figured out something from the past. I don't think I have the right to tell you what's the story behind this picture. But yes, this 12 boys in this photo that you all barely knew are known as a group named EXO before." He said as he stressed the last word.

"Before? But what happened?" You asked. Your thoughts somehow disoriented, a lot of questions clouding up your mind.

"As what I had said earlier Officer Han, I don't have the right to tell you about it. Let all this 12 boys in this picture tell you directly about what happened." He said.

You scratched your head. Sir Lee was more confusing you. "But how can I ask all of them?" You inquired.

He smiled but this time it was a creepy smile as he thought of a brilliant idea. "Don't worry Officer Han, I will help you about that." He said.

---------------------------------------------

The next day Ms. Hwang, the academy's guidance counselor went to the Moon Star Section during your last period of class. She announced that she needs to talk to the 12 boys about an important matter. She also told in your class to see her after class at the Club Conference room. You looked to the 12 chosen boys and you could see the confusion in their faces. You knew then that this was probably part of Sir Lee's plan.

After class, the 12 boys went to the Club Conference room. They were all settled at the long table, exchanging glances and all feeling tensed.

"This is weird, it was Ms. Hwang who called us but why did she told us to be here at the Club Conference room? She should have told us to be in the guidance office instead." Tao whispered to Kris.

Kris smirked. "Probably memory gap." He replied.

"Do you have any idea why we're here?" D.O asked Suho who was sitting beside him.

"I don't have any idea at all. I can't even remember that I committed a violation." He replied.

"Baek, why am I here? I think this is a meeting for all the Club Officers. I think they had a mistake for including me here. I'm not an officer." Chanyeol said.

"I don't think this is a meeting. You heard clearly that Ms. Hwang called your name. But honestly, I am definitely clueless why we are here." Baekhyun answered back.

"Me too." Chen agreed.

"What's keeping Ms. Hwang so long?" Kai complained who was starting to get impatient.

"Don't worry. Maybe she'll be here in any minute." Lay said as he patted Kai'shoulder.

Then suddenly you knocked gently at the door. They all composed themselves. As you entered all of their eyes were on you.

"MIN NA?!" They chorally said and they all exchanged looks as they were surprised with your presence.

"Why are you here?" Xiumin asked.

"Noona! You are also called by Ms. Hwang?" Sehun asked.

You shook your head as you made your way towards the table.

"So why are you here?" Luhan asked.

All of them staring at you, anticipating on what you will answer.

You sighed. You were feeling tensed too.

"I need to talk to all of you because I wanted to know about this." You said as you showed to them the picture. "What is EXO?" You asked.

All of their eyes widened, as if they saw something horrible.

Kai on the other hand was both clenching his fist tight, D.O saw it as he looked at him. They both stared at each other.

"Min Na, where did you get that?" Suho asked.

"It doesn't matter where did I get this. All I need is an explanation from all of you." You replied.

Kris sighed as he stood. "Since we are all here, I guess it's better that we should tell her."

Kai stood also as he slammed both his fist at the table. "No! Min Na doesn't need to know. The past is past! There's no point on looking back!" Kai blurted back.

All of you looked at the two who were exchanging electric gazes and it seemed that in any minute they will start a fight.

"Kai, calm down." D.O said

Kai hissed. "Calm down? So here we are, I'm again the bad guy here."

"That is not what we are trying to say Kai. Min Na is asking us, she is asking about EXO." Suho said.

"Oh hyung, don't you even mentioned that, it . This conversation is pointless." Kai replied.

"Ya Kai! Don't talk to your hyung like that! What is wrong with you? It's already 2 years ago, that was a long time. Move on!" Kris shouted back.

Kai laughed. "Move on? What the the heck are you saying? I'm already done with that. My point here is that we should not bring the past anymore. Min Na doesn't need to know!" He shouted back.

"STOP FIGHTING!" Suho shouted.

They both stopped talking as all eyes were on Suho now.

You couldn't withstand the tension anymore as you spoke, "Suho is right, stop fighting. If you guys don't like to tell me, it's okay." You said.

"Yeah right. Why don't you forget about it and start minding your own business Min Na." Kai uttered.

All of them were shocked at Kai's words as they all looked at you.

You looked at Kai and you were hurt with his words. He was really angry. Then you looked at them one by one, it was like you were there standing helpless like a prey and you were surrounded by a pack of wolves. The way they stare was killing you.

Tears began to flow from your eyes. "I'm so sorry." You said as you turned your back and walked out of the room.

"Min Na!" Suho called out and was about to follow you but D.O stopped him.

"All she probably wants now is to be alone." D.O said.

Then Suho immediately rushed to Kai and grabbed his uniform. "How could you even tell that to her!" He grumbled.

Kai couldn't look at his hyung's eyes. He felt guilt about what he had just said to you. He blurted those words out of anger. He shrugged off Suho's hands from him as he walked out of the room.

"This is what I am talking about. Let us just face the truth, we could never be the way it was before. We could never be EXO anymore!" Chanyeol spoke as all looked at him. "Baek, let's go." Chanyeol stood and also walked out of the room.

Baekhyun stood and bowed as he also followed Chanyeol.

Then the rest followed as they also walked out of the room.

Suho and D.O were the only one left.

"I am such a big failure leader." Suho said as he was crying.

"Don't say that. You had already done everything to fix it. You did your best. It's just that they don't do their part." D.O replied as he patted Suho's shoulder.

"And now Min Na, she's even affected. I don't know if I can even face her." Suho said.

"Don't worry about it. Stay here. I'll take care about it. I'm going to find her." D.O said.

"Please take care of her for me. I know she's definitely upset now. But I know where you can find her." Suho replied.

----------------------------------------------------

"Suho was right. I can find you here."

You looked up and you saw D.O standing in front of you smiling. You wiped the tears from your eyes. He settled next to you.

"You are not mad at me?" You asked.

"Definitely not. Why should I? I actually wanted to say sorry especially on what Kai had said to you." He replied.

"No, he was right. It was none of my business to know everything." You said.

D.O reached out for your hand at your lap and gently squeezed it. You looked at him as he smiled. "You have the right to know. You are our friend. And since friends don't hide from each other, do you want to know the real story of what EXO is?" He asked.

"Is it really okay?" You assured.

D.O nodded as he sighed.

"We were all freshmen when EXO was formed. Glee and Dance Club were just one and the 12 of us were members of it. EXO was a group who sings and dance. It was also because of EXO why the 12 of us became close. We were all formed because of Mr. Sun Jin So. He was my favorite teacher, I guess everyone does. Mr. Sun was our music teacher, he was also the founder of the Glee and Dance Club AND he was like the mentor of EXO. But we could never deny, that among the 12 of us, Kai was seosaengnim's favorite. They were close because Mr. Sun was his father's best friend. Kai's father was actually one of the members of the board in the academy." D.O said.

"Really? But where is his dad now? And Mr. Sun?" You asked.

"They were both gone." D.O replied and the sadness was obvious at the tone of his voice.

You were shocked. "How?"

D.O took a deep breath as he continued,"Kai's father passed away before we entered our sophomore year. He died because of a plane crash. It was extremely painful for Kai, knowing that he was close to his father. He was depressed for some months, he was often absent at class and he seldom join our practice. But he was able to get through the death of his father because of seosaengnim. He was the one who never gave up on encouraging Kai. He kept telling him that he should move on and continue to live for his dream and use his dad as his inspiration. However, another shocking news came. It was in the middle of the school year. Mr. Sun died because of a heart attack. He was such a big lost in the academy because all the students love him. And for us, the EXO, all of us were crestfallen because of his death. He was not just a teacher for us but also a friend. But for Kai, Mr. Sun was like his father. And losing him, it was like his world was shattered down, including his dreams."

"So that was the reason why he didn't like to recall all of this. It was hard on you guys and most of all to Kai." You said.

"Yes it was truly hard for Kai. And after a month of seosaengnim's death, he again skipped classes, he never joined EXO's practices and he rarely hang out with us. He was like rebelling. And so one time, Kris decided to confront him about what was truly happening to him. Kai told him that he was sick of being a member of EXO and he doesn't care anymore. Kris was so pissed off that he punched his face. And on that day, it seemed like everyone had also lose interest. EXO was disbanded, all of us had gone our own different ways. The Glee and Dance Club were separated while others decided to go on different clubs." D.O uttered.

"Now I know why most of you could sing and dance and why they kept denying that they were not good at it. They were trying to forget everything that involves the past. Am I right?" You inquired.

"You are right Min Na-ah. That's why when you asked me, Chen, Luhan and Baekhyun to sing for the Acquaintance Night, we were all uncertain because it was like awkward you know singing together again. But I had no regrets that I agreed with your request, I realize how I missed singing and dancing with them. I started to have that hope again in me, that EXO's dream can still come true." D.O said.

"And what is that dream?" You asked.

He looked up in the sky and smiled. Then he returned his gaze at you. His eyes a while ago that were filled of sadness now filled with hope.

"We all dream that someday, our group EXO will be known. We wanted to sing and dance to inspire the world. We wanted to create songs that will make people happy and will make them smile. AND we will all do that together as one. That is our dream Min Na." D.O said as he smiled.

You felt like your heart was stirred up because of what he had said. You couldn't help but hugged him tight.

"Aww D.O-ssi I couldn't believe of everything that I had just known about you guys. I don't know what to say. But all I wanted now is to also have that hope for you guys that EXO will be back again and that all of you will continue to live the dream that you all once had forgotten." You said as tears again were flowing from your eyes.

"Kamsahamnida Min Na-ah. Kamsahamnida." D.O whispered in your ear as he gently patted your back.

You both pulled away and smiled.

"But what about Kai? I know he's mad again with me." You said still worried.

"Don't worry I'm sure, he'll be okay." D.O assured.

"By the way I want to show you something." He added.

He got something from his bag and took out a picture that was inserted in a book. He showed it to you.

You looked at the picture. It was him and Kai. You smiled because they were still teenyboppers with their school uniform. Kai's arm was around D.O and they were both doing a V sign.

"Was this picture taken during your freshmen year?" You asked.

"Yeah. Kai was the first one I became close with. We were best buddies before." He said and there was a disappointment in his tone when he said his last word.

"What happened?" You inquired.

He again sighed but he was trying to hold back his tears.

"I just don't know what happened really. But after telling that he doesn't care anymore about EXO, he also became distant to us and most of all to me. It was really sad. He was making his life miserable. Kris even discovered that he joined a gang. All of us were trying our best to win him back, to win back our friendship but he was so cold-hearted." D.O answered.

"So that's the reason why Kai was like that. But you know what I think he had changed now." You said.

"It is because of you." D.O replied.

"Me? I don't think so D.O." You said as you looked down. Your face starting to turn into scarlet with his words.

D.O squeezed your hand as you again looked at him.

"As what I told earlier, we all tried our best to win him back and we always fail. But Min Na, you are the one who was able to bring back the Kai that we all used to know. I've been observing him lately especially when he is with you. You are the one who made him smile again. You brought back Kai. You changed him Min Na-ah." D.O said.

"Maybe you are right D.O. But what about now? It appears like I pulled again the trigger, to make him mad again. This was all my fault. Curiosity truly kills." You uttered then you began to cry again.

He put your head in his shoulder as he gently patted your head. "Shhh. Don't blame yourself Min Na. Kai will be okay. Everything will be okay." He comforted.

"I know D.O. Let us never lose hope." You said as you began to wipe your tears.

"Yes, we should never lose hope." D.O said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I'm glad that this story captures your attention.

Please don't forget to vote and subscribe!

Thank you and love you! :D

-GMJM :-*