Someday

Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some time in the evening, the weather cleared. The sun emerged from behind the clouds, and the birds were chirping. The air was fresh from the rain and the scent of cherry blossoms was carried in the wind. Looking out the window, Ji Hyo could see that it was lovely outside. “Look! Look! The rain has stopped! It's beautiful!” She exclaimed, pointing out the window excitedly to Kwang Soo. “As much as I love just lazing with you in my living room, it's getting a bit stuffy in here. Shall we ride to the Han River and enjoy the sunset? I have an extra bike left here by my brother!” She suggested.

 

Kwang Soo agreed, happy for a chance to stretch his legs. Getting up, he went to help Ji Hyo with the bikes she had stored in her storeroom. Opening the door, a brown blur ran out. Ji Hyo screamed. It was a huge cockroach! One of the three things Song Ji Hyo fears. Bugs. “GET IT! GET IT!” She shrieked.

 

Kwang Soo gulped nervously. While he could deal with bugs and other creepy crawlies, cockroaches made his skin crawl. Still, he knew she would remain distraught as long as the pest was in her apartment. So, gathering his courage, he grabbed some tissues from the table and chased after it.

 

He had the bug cornered and was about to smash it, when suddenly, it spread its wings and flew right at him. Dropping the tissue, Kwang Soo screamed like a woman. It made Ji Hyo screamed along with him, in a sort of mass hysteria. After a screaming match that lasted a few seconds, he finally calmed himself enough to dispatch it. Wrapping the cockroach's corpse up with more tissues, he made his way to the toilet and flushed it. Turning around, he met Ji Hyo's gaze.

 

“Ya! Lee Kwang Soo! Don't tell me you're afraid of cockroaches too!?” She asked. He swallowed before answering.

 

“Ehhh... I was just taken aback because it flew at me! I'm not scared! Honest!” He maintained, unconvincingly. At Ji Hyo's raised eyebrow and at her look of disbelief, he finally hung his head. “Yeah, ok. I admit it. I am a little put off by cockroaches. But I managed to catch it, right? I knew noona would be scared to have one roaming about in her apartment if I didn't.” He reasoned. Touched, she took his hand and washed it for him.

 

 

The couple were relaxing on the banks of the Han River, enjoying the last rays of sunlight when Kwang Soo reached into the pockets of his jacket and pulled out two apples and a peeler. Ji hyo watched as he peeled one for her and she let out a soft giggle. Curious, he glanced over at her. “It's nothing... I just thought of something that happened when I was young. Thinking back, it's quite funny really.” She explained, beaming at him.

 

“Tell me about it.” He encouraged, smiling.

 

She smiled wistfully. “You know how we're quite a patriarchal society and women tend to have to wait on the men. Well.... When I was a girl, I used to have to peel apples for my father and younger brother... So, I promised myself... when I grew up and someday met a guy who would pare apples for me... I would marry him!” She related.

 

Taken aback by Ji Hyo's revelation, Kwang Soo's hand slipped on the peeler, and he narrowly avoided cutting his finger.

 

Ji Hyo quickly went up to him, checking his hands. “Are you ok? Did I startle you?” She asked, concerned.

 

He showed the actress hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter