The Bubble Tea Shop

By Chance
 
 
YOUR POV
 
                  I had just left school minutes ago with my two friends. Well, let's just say that after facing the 'battle' in school, all I want now is to throw myself to bed and travel to dreamland. I had never felt so exhausted before in my entire life. If anyone would try to ask me a definition of what school is, I definitely wouldn't have any second thoughts to answer and call it a battlefield.
 
                 After the somewhat endless blabbering of the teacher which definitely infuriates me, well who wouldn't be? I could just self-study his subject at home if he's only going to read everything from the book like he's telling us a story, and to make it worse, he's reading it word for word. Come on, can somebody just replace him with a novelist then? Pfft. 
 
               Not only that, there are also presentations, quizzes, assignments, recitations, projects, thesis and the never ending movement of my head up and down from the board to my paper, seriously it gives me a stiffed neck. Not to mention that I personally think that my hand had miraculously had a life of its own as it scribble across my notes. Wow! now I can say that the pen is really mightier than the sword. My precious hand had never been so tortured and numb before, not until now, all because of those goddamn lectures and pen. I'd rather hold a sword now and swing it back and forth than to hold a pen for two and a half hours of lecture in my major class and find a reddish lump on my fingers that I will soon call 'the priceless calluses'. Huh~ Being a student in this university is no joke, I repeat, no joke at all!
 
              Now, I'm dragging my feet to walk along the street, while in my head I'm dreadfully calling out for my bed. "Oh! my precious bed, come to mama, the enemies at school are killing me softly"
 
              But my exhausted body had just to wait a little longer before it touches the soft mattress of my bed when my two beloved friends had betrayed me for a, what'd you call it again? ruffle? waffle? blubble?, oh yeah, the infamous bubble tea shop across the street.
 
           "Really girls? Can't we just ask them to deliver it to our apartment?" I said, trying to get their sympathy. Can't they see I'm slowly dying here.
 
           "Oh come on, it's just right there" Joanna said, pointing at the nearby shop. "It wouldn't hurt to cross the street. I promise you'll feel better and refreshed when you drink it"
 
               It wouldn't hurt? Damn. But my body is aching all over now. It feels like it's ripping apart every minute.
 
           "Please, pretty please" Alice cooed while grabbing my other arm. "Besides, we can sit and take a rest there for as long as you want"
 
            Rest? Oh! that's what I like, but for as long as I want? I don't think so. That shop needs to close too before the end of the day. I looked at their pleading faces with their pouty and sulky expression. Fine~ as if I can do anything to stop them, they always get what they want around me.
 
 
 
KRIS's POV
 
 
              After all the bickering that we had in how to spend the boring afternoon of our day-off, we already found ourselves seated in a corner of this bubble tea shop just a few blocks away from our dorm. It gives out a serene and quiet vibe to my senses, just like how our maknae Sehun had described it. Yeah, quiet enough because there are no other costumers here but the 12 of us. Seriously, won't they get bankrupt pursuing this business just like this? Nevermind then, just as long as I can get out of boredom and spend some quality time with my members, who are now busy chattering while sipping their different flavors of bubble tea and eating some cakes and cookies we've ordered. All thanks to the thick pile of money in Suho's wallet.
 
C  L  I  N  G !
 
             I heard the door chimes of the shop, signalling the arrival of someone. I jerked my head a little to take a glimpse of who it was and saw 3 girls coming in. Well, more on like, one of them is just being forcefully dragged inside. Then it hit me.  Oh no! are they fans? sasaeng fans? Crap! I need to warn these clueless bunch of idiots with me.
 
            "Guys! Red Alert!" I snappily said. When they got the message, we harmoniously docked our heads and somewhat covered our faces with the beanies and caps were wearing. What the hell, these disguises are really not enough to protect us. I was busy cursing and ranting, when suddenly the maknae Sehun and the dancing machine Kai blurted out in chorus.
 
            "Wow! she's pretty!"
 
             Damn it! Can't they see were in a serious situation here? Aiissh, these kids can't even control their raging hormones. But then, being the curious duizhang that I am, I lifted my head to see for myself who's the chic that got their attention.
            There I saw by the doorway, a pretty asian girl. I can tell she's not a Korean by her appearance, but still and definitely, she's one of the asian race. She emits a sweet and angelic aura, but one thing that I notice besides her pretty face is that she looks really exhausted through the bones.
 
            "Aigoo maknae, you're right. Your eyes are really sharp when it comes to beauties" the old but babyfaced Luhan the deer said as he pats the maknae's head, while the others had already lifted their heads and stared at the mentioned girl. Don't they know that they looked like creepy erts right now?
 
 
 
YOUR POV
   
                Now it's official. My beloved friends are traitors, they betrayed me twice in a row. I can't believe they left me by the doorway after dragging me inside. They didn't even assited my limping body to take a sit first, but instead they rushed to the counter and recited their orders. My poor body, I just have to drag you somewhere comfortable. I looked around and find a table with four seats just two tables away facing a large group of boys, who are apparently the only costumers at this time besides the three of us. I wasn't able to look at their faces because I'm too tired to even lift my head completely and just drop my tired self on the chair.
                Oh God, before I'll forget, I still need to review for the exam tomorrow. I placed my phone first at the center of the table and lazily took my notes from the bag and started reading.
 
                 "Jasmine, please, just for once. Take a rest. You've been reading your books and notes since this morning and now you're at it again" Joanna said as the two of them returned to our table with the tray of food and drinks and handed me my share.
 
                "Thank you for your concern Jo, but I really need to review this for tomorrow's exam" 
 
                "Okay then, but you need to slow it down. Stress is not good for your health. Were far from home and I don't want to bring the news to your parents overseas of you getting sick" Alice added and patted my shoulders.
 
 
SEHUN's POV
 
                Now I admit it, because I'm not well versed in my english vocabulary, I can't even figure out what are they talking about. I think that one girl is scolding her, she sound strict. Why is she even scolding my pretty girl. Aiissh, I wish I could understand them. Oh wait! I didn't realize that we have someone here that speaks english. Better ask duizhang then, surely his skill would come in handy besides his handsome face.
 
                "Kris hyung, can you please translate to us what they are talking about, please~" I cooed while lightly elbowing him and he just flashed me his signature face again. What the~ he really looks heartless and cold like the iceburg that made the Titanic sink down to the bottom of the sea.
 
               "What? I wasn't even listening to them" he said and I know he's lying. His thick eyebrows would twitch and he wouldn't look straight in the eyes when he does, just like now.
 
              "Not listening? I just saw both of your ears perked up like a wolf while trying to get a better angle to follow the radar of their conversation" Luhan hyung sarcastically commented. Ke ke ke, thanks Luhan hyung, you're really my favorite hyung.
 
             "Fine~" Duizhang defeatedly said and motioned all of us forward to silently relay the information. "Her name is Jasmine and she's a diligent student. Her friends try to tell her to relax after being busy in school"
 
             "Is that really all? After all the long sentences they said, that's all you understand?" Chen hyung unmindfully complained then duizhang smacked him on the head.
 
             "Yah! why don't you translate it yourself? I'm not even being paid here as your translator" he snapped and calm himself.
 
            Then suddenly, I heard a familiar ringtone. I mean, who else would make our song 'History' as their ringtone other than Kai hyung, but he seemed oblivious on what's happening because he's busy with his food.
 
             "Jongin hyung, can't you just answer your phone already" I said and he just looked at me innocently as he freeze with a spoon of cake and an open mouth to eat it. Then suddenly, the ringtone died down.
 
             "Huh? is it mine?" he asked furrowning his eyebrows as he quickly eat the cake and took his phone from his pocket. "Yah! Sehun you troll. It's not even mine, look!" he said and brought his phone to my face.
 
            "Hmm.. but I swear I heard it right. It's 'History' "
 
             Then the ringtone started again, this time I knew it wasn't Kai's as he held it out again for us to see. I followed the sound and realized it came from the girls' table. Though I don't understand it fully, I knew they're debating on whether to answer the phone or not. Oh, so it's pretty Jasmine's phone ringing a while ago. And that kkamjong just called me a troll. How would I even know that they have the same ringtone.
 
           "Oh wow! I have the same ringtone as her. It must be destiny" he said and smirked. Duh~ I want to puke at his words.
 
           "Destiny already? Can't it be coincidence first?" I spat, rolling my eyes in annoyance. "Look, she even have the same phone unit as me, does it mean were soulmates too?" Huh~ this kkamjong is really a feeler. Pfft.
 
 
YOUR POV
 
           "Jasmine my baby!"  I heard a man's voice called. In an instant, I saw him drag a nearby chair and sat beside me. Then I felt him hang his arm across my shoulders and flashed me his debonaire's smile.
           Damn. How did he even found me? If school is the battlefield, then here comes the enemy's 5 star general and his 2 lieutenants who enjoy tormenting and pissing me off.
 
           "Don't you call me 'baby' because I'm not even your girlfriend". I hurriedly took his arm off my shoulder.
 
           "Come on Jasmine, aren't you even happy to see me? I just want to talk and get to know you more" he said as he tries to grab my hand. Aiissh, this ert, can't he just leave me alone. I yanked his filthy hands off me as I stood up and transferred to sit on the next table infront. I opened my notes again and started to concentrate on reading.
 
           "I called you twice but you won't answer your phone, Why are you like this? Why are you always trying to avoid me?" He followed and sit across me by the new table.
 
           "Look Gino, can't you see I'm busy studying here? My Masteral's Degree is important to me than talking nonsense with you"
 
           "But cupcake~"
 
          "Arrgh~ I'm not your cupcake, your butterscotch, your apple, strawberry, cheese cake or whatever pastry there is. If you want pastries, then go to the counter over there. I'm sure you'll find what you like" I said, already feeling irritated. Then from the corner of my ear, I heared a chuckling sound from the group of boys just beside the table I'm sitting. Huh~ Just great! Now I'm starting to embarass myself infront of other people just because of him.
 
 
KAI's POV
 
            I just can't even figure out what is happening infront of us. Were having a good time trying to listen to Kris hyung as he translates to us what the pretty girl and her friends are talking about, when all of a sudden, this guy and his friends came into picture. Though I can't understand what they're arguing about, I know that my sweet girl Jasmine is really pissed off right now. She even transferred to the table beside us just to avoid the guy. Then I heard Kris hyung chuckling. What does he even found funny at their argument.
 
            "Hyung, what's happening? Why are you chuckling? Are they talking about something funny?" 
 
           "Huh~ How I wish we can have subtitles right now than to wait for duizhang to finish laughing and translate everything"
 
          "Okay guys, sorry~" he stopped chuckling. "I think this new guy here is her suitor, but apparently she doesn't like him and definitely she doesn't like him calling her any pastry pet name"
 
          "Oh, pastry pet name. That's why I heard words like cupcake, cheese cake, strawberry and all" Luhan said while nodding. "She doesn't like chessy guys"
 
          "It's not just because he's cheesy. It's because he's being cheesy and sweet to her when he isn't her boyfriend yet"
 
         So that's it. Oh yeah, that's my girl. Don't fall for that assuming pastry guy. ke ke ke~