Who Will Be Captain?

Love and War on the Court
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Oh my God! Have you heard?” Baekhyun rushed into the locker rooms.

“Who hasn’t?” Sehun bent down to tie his shoelaces.

 “All I know is we get to work with that cute manager Kyungsoo on the other team,” Kai wiggled his eyebrows.

Tao frowned, “This is just stupid. Why did they decide it on such short notice?”

“It’s so dumb! School began for three months already! Why would we suddenly merge!” Baekhyun whined.

“What do we do? It’s our rival team!” Xiumin exclaimed.

Noise levels were rising in the locker room. The other basketball team members were worried about their position on the team.

Suho walked in to calm everyone down, “Everyone, as you all know, X High and O High are merging to become XO High. They’ve already taken down most of the gates that divide us. It has been decided between the schools that the basketball team will be practicing in X High’s court, while ours will be taken down.”

“What?! Why don’t they use our court?” Baekhyun shrieked.

“Their court is newer than ours,” Suho sighed as he looked around the locker room. “I’ll miss this place.”

Everyone looked at Tao who threw his hands up in frustration, “I don’t know what to do! Can’t we petition or something?!”

Suho looked sadly at the basketball team members, “We become one school and one basketball team tomorrow.”

“What about our outside court?” Xiumin asked.

“I think they said that they will keep it, so students can still play during their free time,” Suho replied.

The members let out a relieved sigh. They had much more memories on the outside court and it would pain them greatly if the court were to be pulled down as well.

******************************

Kris glared as he sat down in X High’s locker room.

“I can’t believe we’re actually merging!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he sat next to Kris.

“Hey, it’s not so bad, right?” Luhan smiled.

“Probably because you get to see more of that kid, huh?” Chen joked.

Luhan blushed, “No! I’m just saying!”

“But they’re our rival school,” Lay popped his head in.

Kyungsoo walked in with his clipboard, “So, you’ve all heard that we’re merging. That means there is only one basketball team. It’s going to be hard working with our number one rival school, but please play nice, everyone. We are now part of the same team.”

“At least we get to keep our court,” Chen snickered.

Chanyeol laughed along, “Yeah, of course they’re keeping our court! Their court is nothing compared to ours!”

The rest of the team members laughed along.

******************************

“Okay, both teams are gathered here today,” Suho announced.

“So we can talk about the status of XO High’s basketball team,” Kyungsoo smiled nervously as he and Suho bowed at each other continuously.

When they were done bowing at each other, they looked up and were both surprised to see the scene before them. Both teams in their respective high school’s old jerseys were facing each other off at the half line. Two tall blond heads were

Please log in to read the full chapter