Chapter 19

Amnesiac Love

*** The Next Day ***

 

I was waiting for Dr. Bae when Hyerin called reminding me of our dater later today. She gave me an address and I told her I will call her once I’m on the way. Even though I’m quite excited to meet Hyerin and talk about both Seunghyun and Jiyong, I’m also scared to know what else am I going to find out later. When Dr. Bae arrived, he said today we’ll go to his office as he has some things to show me. Seeing my scared look, Dr. Bae assured me that most likely it will be good news for me.

 

Upon arriving, we went straight to his office and we show me a file.  Inside a file is picture of a man and a young boy both dressed exactly the same. “That’s Dara is a picture of your husband and your son. It was taken yesterday outside their house in Japan. After I made the enquiries at the hospital the other day, a friend told me about an address in Japan belonging to your husband. So out of curiosity, I asked a friend of mine to locate the address and find out about the occupant of the house. It is confirmed that the occupants of the house is Choi Seunghyun who is a music producer for YG Ent Japan and his son Maden Choi Minho. As for who is living with you right now, I’m suspecting its Kwon Jiyong as it’s his name that is listen in your medical file as the person to notify with regards to any enquiries about you. And I’m sure he knew about me enquiring about Maden the other time.” Dr. Bae explained while rubbing his face. “Yes, it’s Kwon Jiyong. Based on what I wrote in the journal, I met his friends yesterday and they confirmed what you said. I’m meeting one of them, Hyerin later to find out more.” I informed Dr. Bae what happen yesterday at the café where I met Hyerin and Soo Hyuk. Dr. Bae decided to end today’s session early and send me to Hyerin’s address.

 

I asked Dr. Bae if he wanted to join me meet Hyerin and Soo Hyuk but he declined saying it’s better if he is not there. I got off his car and knocked on the door. A lady whom I assume is Hyerin opened the door and hugged me tight. “Dara, come on in. We have been waiting for you.” She pulled me to the living room where two guys are sitting on the sofa. Seeing my confused face she introduced herself and the two guys. “Dara, my name is Hyerin and this is my husband Soo Hyuk. And this is Xin. He came on the next flight available after I told him about you. He also knew that you are living with Jiyong without Seunghyun’s knowledge. In case you are wondering, the four of us plus Seunghyun and Jiyong are best friends during our university days.”

 

“I knew from back then that Jiyong like you. When you rejected him, he was upset but acted like he was okay with it. The day you became official with Seunghyun, he went on binge-drinking. Soo Hyuk and myself had a hard time making him stop drinking.” Xin explained. Then Soo Hyuk continued. “The next day, once he recovered from his hangover, he went to meet Seunghyun and they had a fight about who is more deserving to have you. In the end, you still choose Seunghyun and he gave up. He stayed away from us for a while but came back when you had your first fight when Seunghyun. He told Seunghyun if Seunghyun ever took you for granted then Jiyong will take you away from Seunghyun. Since then their relationship is not as close as ever.