Just wait and see

I Only Want You

“Ready?” Jae Gil smilingly asked his bestfriend. In a few minutes, Maru will be brought to the operating room for his surgery. Jae Gil, Choco and Eun Gi were there to see him prior to schedule.

“I am” Maru calmly said as he smiled at his loved ones.

“Just in case something happens to me during the surgery, I just want to let you know that I love you all.” Maru added.

“Oppa don’t say something like that! The surgery will turn out well and you will be back to normal.” Choco pouted as she tried not to cry in front of his brother.

Maru’s eyes fell on his wife. Eun Gi has been quiet the whole time which he found odd. The only instances she spoke were when she responded to questions from the nurses.

“Eun Gi-ya, don’t you have anything to say to me?” He asked with a frown.

“Um, just stay strong, and we’ll be waiting for you.” Eun Gi avoided his gaze. She felt awkward in this situation, she knew that she should be acting as a very concerned wife to Maru, but something just prevented her from doing so.

“Come here” Maru signalled Eun Gi to approach him. Eun Gi abided and went beside Maru’s bed. Maru shifted from his lying position to reach for Eun Gi and brush a kiss on her lips.

“I will surely come out alive from the operating room because I want to see Seo Eun Gi’s smile again.” Eun Gi weakly smiled upon hearing Maru’s words.

---

“See you?”

“See you”

These were the couple’s parting words before Maru was wheeled to the operating room.

You have to live Kang Maru, I will not let you escape to hell without first tasting hell on earth. A fierce look appeared on Eun Gi’s face after the operating room doors closed.

The surgery started with Dr. Min Hyuk as the lead surgeon. Everything was going well, Dr. Min Hyuk estimated that it will be done in less than three hours.

“Doctor! The patient’s blood pressure started to drop!” One of the nurses announced. His eyes grew wide in shock with the sudden reaction by Maru’s body.

The three were anxiously waiting outside when they noticed the nurses running to and fro the operating room.

“Excuse me, may we know what’s the commotion about?” Jae Gil reached out for the nurse. 

“Sorry sir, but we can’t tell you now. Excuse me.” The nurse ran towards the operating room.

“Omo, what’s happening to oppa?” Choco cried as she hugged Eun Gi.

You cannot die Maru, not now! Eun Gi was perplexed herself. She cannot bear to think that Maru would die easily without him paying for his debts. Nonetheless, she also cannot bear the thought of losing him.

Sweat was dripping from Dr. Min Hyuk’s face as he slowly injected a medicine into Maru’s bloodstream that would help normalize his blood pressure. He just cannot let his former junior die. After a few more minutes, the nurse announced that Maru’s blood pressure returned to normal. With a sigh of relief, Dr. Min Hyuk further examined Maru if he can continue with the operation.

Four hours have passed and they still haven’t received any news about Maru. Jae Gil was fidgeting with his fingers, while Eun Gi Choco’s hair to comfort her. They immediately stood up when Dr. Min Hyuk went out of the operating room.

“Doctor how is my husband?” Eun Gi worriedly asked.

“To tell you the truth, we almost lost him earlier due to a sudden drop in his blood pressure. But, Maru is such a lucky guy, he responded to the medicine we gave him. I thought we won’t be able to finish the surgery, but seems like he really wanted to get this done and over with. We will now transfer him to the recovery room. You may see him in a while.” Dr. Min Hyuk ended his statement with a smile and patted Eun Gi’s shoulder.

Jae Gil and Choco jumped with joy upon hearing the news. Unconsciously, Eun Gi smiled in relief. She cannot hide the fact that she was also delighted knowing that Maru survived the surgery.

---

“Omo, oppa! I’m so glad that you’re alive!”

 “Ya imma, you scared the hell out of us! You should be punished!”

Choco and Jae Gil loudly exclaimed. They were very glad to see Maru that they forgot where they were.

Eun Gi slowly approached Maru and touched his face, “Welcome back” she whispered.

Maru weakly smiled to acknowledge them. Thank you father for another chance to live. I’m very grateful because I can once again appreciate the beauty of life. This time around, I’ll make sure that everything will fall into place. If that meant telling Eun Gi the truth about the accident and my former motives. He told himself.

---

“I’m glad to hear that Team Leader Kang Maru’s surgery went well. You must be relieved Director.” Secretary Hyun handed Eun Gi’s coffee.

“Yes, it went well. He’s also recovering quickly.” Eun Gi answered as she sipped from her cup.

“That’s good to know. Um, director, may I know why you asked me to meet you here in the café instead of the office? Is there something wrong?” Secretary Hyun anxiously asked. Eun Gi settled her cup on the table.

“Nothing much. I would just like to know if you knew that Maru was the other driver I crashed into.” Eun Gi said casually, and lifted her piercing gaze at Secretary Hyun. She was stunned, almost speechless at this revelation.

“Director, you?”

“Are you one of them?  Did you plan all these?” Eun Gi was gripping onto her cup as if wanting to crush it.

“Director, please, you’ve misunderstood things.” Secretary Hyun pleaded.

“Misunderstood what? You knew all along who Maru was, and you still allowed us to get married. Now he has all the rights to everything that I have. What deal did you have with him huh?!”

“Please hear me out Director. First of all, we did not conspire on you. We only did what we think will be best for you. We asked for Kang Maru’s help because at that time he was the only one you trusted.”

“So he only did it because you asked him to, and not out of his own will?” Eun Gi felt offended. She’s now beginning to question if Maru really did feel any love for her.

“But Director, we saw how much he loves you. Otherwise, we would not have let you two get married.”

“But this doesn’t change the fact that all of you manipulated me. You took advantage of my condition.”

“We did not, please understand that we just wanted to protect you. We don’t want you to end up just like your father.”

It took a few more seconds before Eun Gi could react, “What do you mean?”

“We suspect that his death was not accidental, that someone was behind it. That’s why we wanted to protect you from that person.” Secretary Hyun carefully explained. This new revelation was incomprehensible for Eun Gi. She took another sip of coffee to calm herself.

“Bring me all related documents about Maru” Eun Gi sternly ordered.

“Why Director?” Secretary Hyun asked in confusion.

“Just do as I say. And don’t tell anyone about what we discussed today.”

“Ah, yes Director. I’ll send them to your office immediately.”

Eun Gi left the café with a heavy heart. Learning about another angle to her father’s death did not change her loathe towards Maru, rather it even increased. If she had not gone chasing after him, she could have protected her father from being killed.

---

“Unnie! Glad you’re back, you’re just in time for dinner.” Choco greeted Eun Gi when she entered the house. Eun Gi smiled and approached the dining area and sat beside Maru.

“How was the meeting?” Maru asked as he handed Eun Gi her bowl and chopsticks.

“Fine. Secretary Hyun informed me that the board members want me for the meeting next week.” Eun Gi poured water on Maru’s glass and gave him his medicines.

“I hope to come with you - ”

“No need, you’ve only been discharged from the hospital for two weeks. Just stay here and rest. Besides Secretary Hyun and Attorney Park will be there, you don’t have to bother.” Eun Gi interrupted which made Maru frown. He felt helpless that he cannot support his own wife in her struggle. Tension was starting to build up between the couple.

“Ya, you two, better start eating or I’ll finish all these up.” Jae Gil warned as he tried to lighten the atmosphere. They ate dinner with an awkward silence.

Later that night, Eun Gi found Maru seating on his side of the bed, blankly staring at his hands. Eun Gi sat beside him and touched his arm.

“I’m sorry for what I’ve said earlier.” She knew that she somehow offended him with her words. Maru lifted his head to look at Eun Gi “I’m also sorry for being too sensitive. Please understand that I really wanted to be there for you, I should be even the one fighting for you. But my condition is restricting me to do so.”

“I know, but this time, trust me, I can do this. Once you recover, we’ll do this together.” Eun Gi assured him and planted a kiss on his cheek. Maru felt better after the kiss and pulled Eun Gi in an embrace. In these moments, Eun Gi cannot discern the sincerity of Maru’s actions. She only felt security and satisfaction in his arms, feelings that she now has to avoid.

---

The day for the board meeting has come. Everyone was seated in the room and rested their eyes on Eun Gi who was in settled in front with Jae Hee.

“This issue has been on hold for quite a while now. We were generous enough to let you pass the other time due to your husband’s health condition.”

“We even thought that you framed that up in order to avoid our questions.”

“So could you please explain everything to us Director Seo Eun Gi?”

“Are the rumors true that you incurred a serious brain damage from the car accident?”

Comments and questions from the board members kept on firing at Eun Gi. She remained silent for a while only eyeing at Secretary Hyun and Joon Ha. They nodded to urge her to speak. Eun Gi then stood from her place,

“Those rumors…are not true” She firmly said. Good, she’s doing well as planned. Joon Ha was relieved.

“Yes, I did incur some injuries after the accident, including prosopagnosia. That’s why I deployed Maru as my deputy.  I may have made some mistakes recently but as you all know, it was already resolved and even brought new opportunities for Taesan.  But I want to let you all know that I am fit to take this role.” Secretary Hyun and Joon Ha were relieved with Eun Gi’s words, she indeed studied her script well. They could already see a number of the board members nodding their heads in agreement to her. Jae Hee and Min Young were acting cool the whole time, but they were actually irritated because of the board members’ positive feedback to Eun Gi.

“But, I also want to take this opportunity to ask for your consent.” Everyone anticipated for Eun Gi’s next statement.

“I want to step down from my position as Taesan’s director in order for me to take care of my husband.” Mumbles were heard in the room as they reacted to Eun Gi’s announcement.

“Taesan has been the center of my life for the longest time. But as of the moment, my priority is the welfare of my husband. When the time comes that I have to return, please reconsider my rightful position. I am willing to start from the lowest level to prove that my father has raised me well. Thank you for this opportunity to clarify things with you. For now, I entrust Taesan into your hands.” Eun Gi bowed and left the room. Everyone was indeed stunned with what just happened.

“Director, this is not what we planned. Why would you leave Taesan in the hands of President Han?” Joon Ha barged into Eun Gi’s office.

“Just like what I said earlier, Maru is my priority now. Should there be any other reason Attorney Park?” Eun Gi calmly answered.

“But Team Leader Kang doesn’t know anything about this. Director, please tell us your plan.” Joon Ha was growing anxious about the issue.

“My only plan is to help Maru recover. Please know that I’m really grateful for all your help Attorney Park. But I could manage this. Just please watch over Taesan for me.” Joon Ha knew that he won’t get anything from this conversation. He just hopes that Eun Gi is aware of the outcomes of her actions.

After Joon Ha left, Secretary Hyun entered the room with a pile of folders in her hands.

“Director, you really shocked everyone with your announcement.”

“I know right? If you could just see their faces” Eun Gi chuckled and picked up one of the folders from Secretary Hyun.

“So these are Maru’s records?” Eun Gi scanned over the documents.

“Yes Director, just as you requested.”

“Good, thank you for these. You may take your leave. I’m counting on you, nobody should know about this.”

“Yes Director” Secretary Hyun politely answered and left the room.

Eun Gi sat on the sofa went through the documents. She huffed every time she reads about Maru’s past crimes. True enough, he was a womanizer, swindler and an industrial spy. How was he able to go away with these? Her husband was indeed one sneaky guy. But unfortunately for you my dear husband, I’m sneakier Eun Gi grinned.

She continued reading the files and a particular document caught her attention, it was a police record about the murder crime wherein Maru was sentenced to prison for five years. She recognized the victim’s face, he used to be an official in Taesan. She must have met him in several meetings before. Eun Gi wondered how would Maru know the man, and what led him to kill him. She further read the document, and suddenly she remembered that the news about the crime was shown on the same night when she first saw Jae Hee in front of their house. Seven years since that incident, she could still recall how awful Jae Hee looked then. She seemed very odd, and worst, her father was comforting her. Something’s just not right Eun Gi thought deeply.

---

Two months passed and Maru was almost fully recovered. He was very grateful for the help of Choco and Jae Gil who would regularly entertain him. But he could not thank his wife enough for being with him day and night, attending to his every need.  He felt very guilty when he knew about Eun Gi’s resignation from Taesan. Bringing Eun Gi back to Taesan was their goal when they reunited after the accident. But because of him, Eun Gi dropped everything and chose to be with him.  He told himself that he will definitely bring Eun Gi back to her rightful position, if not as director, he will make sure that she will be the president of Taesan.

That night Eun Gi went out of the bathroom after taking a shower. She wore a robe while her hair was wrapped in a towel. She positioned in front of her vanity table to apply lotion on her legs. Maru was seated on the bed and dropped the book he was reading when his eyes gazed at the lovely figure of his wife. She was very radiantly beautiful and she was his. Maru motioned to go near Eun Gi and gave her a back hug as he inhaled her sweet scent.

“You’re beautiful.” He whispered with his hoarse voice and kissed her shoulder then up to her neck.

Eun Gi was surprised with Maru’s sudden maneuver. They haven’t been this intimate since Maru’s surgery.

Maru continued to trail kisses on Eun Gi as he turned her to face him, he then slowly pushed the robe down her shoulder.

“Maru-sshi” Eun Gi softly moaned. She has to stop him, or else, she will give in to their mutual desire.

“Eun Gi-ya, I missed you.” Maru captured her lips in a tender kiss.

“Maru-sshi, we can’t” Eun Gi whispered as she broke the kiss.

“Why? Eun Gi-ya, please, I need you” Maru pleaded with his eyes that could melt any woman’s heart. Eun Gi knew that she cannot just avoid this situation, and she can’t lie to herself that she also wants this to happen. Her whole being longed for Maru.

“Eun gi-ya, I don’t want to be selfish, but-“ his statement was cut when Eun Gi pulled him for a kiss. She held his head as to deepen the kiss. Everything went instantly blur for Eun Gi, her mind was stopping her, but she let her heart and body take over. The next thing she knew they were already in bed and Maru atop her. He kissed her passionately and allowed her to explore his every being. Maru softly whispered every word of affection he knows, and this was answered by Eun Gi’s kisses. Passion, desire and lust filled their night as they made love to each other.

At the end of their intimacy, Maru rested his head on Eun Gi’s chest and possessively wrapped his arms around her waist. Eun Gi was his hair with one hand while the other was caressing Maru’s .

“Maru-shhi” she softly called his name

“Hm?” He was already half asleep

“What is your biggest fear?” Maru’s face twitched in confusion.

“Why did you ask?” He pushed himself up to fully see Eun Gi’s face

“Well, I just want to know” She pushed a strand of hair from his face. Maru lifted one hand to caress Eun Gi’s face.

“It’s losing you in my life” he answered with all honesty. Eun Gi’s lips curled into a smile, and pulled Maru to give him another tender kiss which ignited the fire between them.

Afterwards, Maru drifted off to sleep with a contented smile on his face. Whereas Eun Gi was still wide awake as she continued to Maru’s hair, and with her fierce eyes, she thought of her next move.

Just wait and see. A smirk crept on Eun Gi`s lips. 

 

****

Here's another update chingus! After writing this chapter I realized that I should have included Angst in my tags. Haha! I know you're all waiting for Eun Gi's revenge. Just hang on as she has just began. ;) Please let me know what you think! :D