For Eun Gi

I Only Want You

“I know we’ve not been in good terms for the past weeks, but as your mother, I want to wish you all the best Eun gi.” Jae Hee gave Eun Gi a half-hearted hug. “I know, but, thank you anyway” Eun Gi smiled and returned the gesture.

“Let me take care of the issues about your condition, just enjoy your honeymoon.” Jae Hee released herself from the hug and patted Eun Gi’s shoulder. “I really appreciate it, but Joon Ha and Secretary Hyun will handle the issues for now.” Jae only managed to smirk in response.

“There you are, I thought I just lost my new wife.” Maru approached Eun Gi and wrapped his arm around her waist. Seeing this sweet gesture made Jae Hee cringe in bitterness.

Eun Gi lovingly smiled at her new husband, “You missed me already? I was just having small conversation with Jae Hee before we set off for our honeymoon.”

Maru smirked and faced Jae Hee, “Alright, so Ms. President, if we may excuse ourselves, we still have to catch our flight.” Maru took Eun Gi’s hand, bowed before Jae and left the reception hall, leaving a furious Jae Hee behind.

---

“Oppa, Unnie, don’t worry about us, just enjoy yourselves!”

“Yah, imma, don’t disappoint us okay?” Choco and Jae Gil happily bid the couple farewell. The two promised to fix their house so as to make room for the newly-wed couple.

Upon settling themselves in the car, Eun Gi gave Maru a questioning look, “What was Jae Gil talking about? Don’t disappoint what?” Maru chuckled My innocent beautiful wife , “Silly Jae Gil, he’s just talking nonsense. Don’t think much about it. For now, please do me a favor and just think about us, is that amenable, my dear wife?” he intertwined their fingers and kissed the back of her hand. “You don’t have to ask for it dear husband, from this day onwards, your welfare is my priority. Whatever makes you happy will be on top of my task list.” Eun Gi leaned to give Maru a quick peck on the cheeks, but Maru was quick enough to turn his head to meet Eun Gi’s lips with his.

---

“Wow, this place is awesome! I used to go here for vacation right?” Eun Gi was caught up with the island’s beauty. The cold refreshing wind meeting her skin, the sound of the sea making music with every wave, and the setting sun completing the majestic view. Maru was standing beside her, he, too was caught up with the moment, but his eyes were only set on Eun Gi. He was memorizing every single detail of this beautiful view, for he doesn’t know until when this bliss would last.

Initially, Maru wanted to bring Eun Gi to Aomori for their honeymoon, but he later realized that the place might trigger some of her memories. Selfish as he thought, we wanted to keep her for himself, even just for this moment. Hence, he booked their stay in a cottage-like inn in Jeju Island. He rather opted for an inn because the hotels would surely be fully-booked, and they might just bump into their business colleagues.

“Kang Maru! Saranghae!!!” Eun Gi confidently shouted as she faced the sea. She then turned to face Maru, “That felt great! Do you want to try it?” Maru was surprised that he just warmly smiled and hugged Eun Gi.

“I rather hold you like this. Come on, it’s already getting cold, we better return to our cottage.”

---

The stars were shining brightly that night, like gems spread throughout the sky. Eun Gi really does take pleasure in simple things, as she was gazing through the sky on their room’s balcony.  It was indeed chilly that night, that even a hot chocolate won’t ease the coldness she was feeling. Suddenly, she felt warm as Maru embraced her from behind, and he rested his head on Eun Gi’s shoulder.

“Maru-sshi, have you tried wishing on a star before?”

“No, I guess I was too pessimistic that nothing good will happen to me, so I didn’t even dare.” His response made her frown,

“Is that so?”

“Yes, but I think I could start wishing, hoping and dreaming, because for the first time in my life, I got something I wanted.” He lifted Eun Gi’s chin to face him, “Seo Eun Gi, thank you for existing, thank you for giving meaning to my life. Never did I expect that I would love someone like this, I didn’t even think that I deserve to be loved this much.” Maru then closed their gap for a kiss.

Their kiss started light and sweet, then Maru dived deeper adding more passion to the kiss. The hunger growing in Eun Gi was unfamiliar, but to her surprise, she was naturally responding to Maru’s every move. In a swift, Eun Gi was in the strong arms of her husband as he made way to their bed. The feeling was mutual with Maru, even though he had been with other women before, never did he want a woman like Eun Gi, probably because he didn’t feel anything for those women anyway. Eun Gi allowed Maru to explore every inch of her body, and to possess her. With every kiss, every touch and every whisper of affection they shared, the fire in them kept on burning. At the height of their passion, neither of them thought of anything but their desire to be with each other for eternity. It’s only with each other’s presence that they could feel this kind of pleasure and satisfaction. This night would definitely be marked in their hearts for a lifetime.

The couple lay satisfied from their intimate union. With their bodies still intertwined, Maru placed a sweet kiss on Eun Gi’s forehead, “I love you very much Seo Eun Gi, I’m afraid that if I fall asleep, you’ll be gone when I wake up.” Eun Gi chuckled and moved closer to Maru, placing her head on his bare chest, hearing the steady beat of his heart. “I think you’re the one with amnesia my dear husband. I already told you that we’ll see each other’s face first thing in the morning, and you have no choice but to live with that.” “Well, I’m totally fine with that.”  And he leaned in to give his wife another tender kiss.

---

Sunlight crept in the windows and through the white curtain of the room, making its way to the couple’s love bed. Maru reluctantly opened his eyes, only to meet the loving eyes of his wife. “Good morning” she whispered. A smile instantly crept on his face, “Good morning my dear wife. Am I right? We’re married? Or was I just dreaming?” “Of course we’re married, I won’t be here beside you if we’re not.” Eun Gi answered with her teasing look. “Oh right, I thought you just sneaked into my room and stripped my clothes off.” He returned the tease. “Ya! I won’t ever do that! You ert!” Eun Gi playfully punched Maru’s chest. “I’m a ert alright” he then grabbed her hand and moved on top of her to give her their first morning kiss as husband and wife.

---

The couple spent the day touring the island. They went through the Yeomji Botanic Garden, which is known to be one of the best botanical gardens in Asia; the Seongeup Folklore Village and Jeju Teady Bear Museum. Maru is not really fond of going to these kinds of places, but since Eun Gi wanted to visit these known tourist spots, he had no choice but give in to her request. Anywhere can be a better place when I’m with Eun Gi he thought.

Finally they made their way to the beach to watch the sun set. Hand in hand, they walked through the shore talking about their experiences during the day. “This feels like dejavu, do you remember our vacation, Maru-sshi?” Eun Gi was pertaining to their first date where Maru took  her from their house while sleeping. That was a bitter-sweet memory for Maru, remembering the regret  and guilt he felt during that time, but he managed to smile at Eun Gi “Of course I remember, but I like this vacation much better than our first date.” Eun Gi returned the affection “Same here, I love this vacation more because we’re already husband and wife.” Silence then filled the air, they continued their walk silently. Even without saying a word, they were contented with each other’s presence.

“Eun Gi” Maru finally uttered.

“Hm?”

“If I ask you to escape with me to a place where no one knows us, will you come with me?” With a serious tone, Maru didn’t look at Eun Gi he just fixed his gaze on the horizon.

Eun Gi quizzically looked at Maru, “Why are you asking me that?”

Maru smiled “Nothing. But, truthfully, would you?” now looking through Eun Gi with his begging eyes.

“Of course, I’m your wife. I’ll go wherever you go. We’re one, and we should not be far from each another.”

Moved with her answer, Maru hugged Eun Gi “Thank you” was all he could say.

---

On their last day in the island, Eun Gi decided to surprise Maru by cooking breakfast for them. The sumptuous smell of the dishes Eun Gi was preparing woke Maru from his sleep. He extended his arm on Eun Gi’s side of the bed, but found it empty.  He opened his eyes and finally realized that his wife must be cooking breakfast for them. He slowly rose from the bed because he felt his head a bit heavy. He headed for the bathroom, and suddenly everything went blur. He managed to keep his balance by holding onto the lampstand. Cold sweat was dripping from his head, as he was now feeling extreme head ache. He let out a groan from the extinguishing pain he was feeling. He then remembered about the surgery that he has to take after the honeymoon. He has to overcome this pain. He has to remain strong for Eun Gi.

Please, let me live, for Eun Gi.

****

Hope you enjoyed the second chapter! :D I'd really appreciate knowing your insights :D