CHAPTER 1

LOVE ME LITTLE, LOVE ME LONG

11:00 PM @ CJes studio.

“Joongie, you know about the rumor in our company, right?” Junsu suddenly asks Jaejoong when they take a break.

“There are countless rumors every month, which one you are talking about?”

“It’s about the break up of Ji Hyo noona and Chang Joo hyung.”

Yoochun, who is keep playing with his phone, immediately stops and listens to the conversation.

“It’s not a rumor. I ask noona and she said it’s true. Both of them are mature and professional, so they still remain their friendship after break up. But Ji Hyo noona told me that she does not want any unexpected attention again, so she decides to not let the media know about it.”

Yoochun and Junsu nod at the same time, showing that they understand Ji Hyo’s decision. Being celebrities, they know how tired it is when facing the pressure from public more than anyone else.

“Joongie ah, did you notice anything wrong with Ji Hyo noona on Jackal filming set?” asked Yoochun.

“Nothing. Actually, I’m more worried because noona is just like usual. I can’t tell she pretends to smile to hide her sadness, or she is really strong and does not affected much by the break up.”

“Should we ask noona out for a drink?  We don’t have schedule tomorrow, let spend time to cheer her up.” Junsu suggests.

“OK. Let finish recording and call noona.”

 

11:30 PM @ Haha’s restaurant. All RM members gather after the filming.

“Wow, when was the last time we sit together like this? I feel like it has been a year”

“Haha hyung, we just met two days ago. Stop lying.” Kwangsoo says and immediately earns a hit on the head from Haha. “Yah, did I told about two of us?  I mean all our 7 members”

“Hyung, it’s hurt. Don’t you know that I become more famous nowadays? If I tell my fans that you hit me, they will send 100 warning letters to you and...”  Kwangsoo pretends to threat, but before he finishes his sentence, he earns another hit, this time from Ji Hyo. “Yah, stop exaggerating about your fame. Our team can’t win today because of your “main character disease.” If you don’t stick to Moon Geun Young and acts suspiciously all day, we don’t think you are Xman and lose to Jae Suk oppa.”

Kwangsoo covers his head and fakes an miserable face, “Noona, how can that’s my fault?” At the same time, Gary sings Kwangsoo’s theme song on Running Man, causes everyone laugh hard.

 

“Haha is right. Because of our busy schedule, we don’t have much chance to gather like this. Ji Hyo ah, you have tight schedule for filming a movie, watch out your health. Since you fainted and was hospitalized while filming Gye Baek, all of us starts to worry every time hearing you have another project.”

“Arasseo, Jae Suk oppa. How can your and my mother’s words are exactly the same. Should I call you ajumma instead?” Ji Hyo teases Jae Suk. In fact, she feels so warm knowing that he is sincere. Not only Jae Suk, but also other RM members sitting there always take care of her in real life. I’m so lucky, having a second family like this. Family…

 

(Flashback)

- I usually can’t look at women’s eyes.

- But you look at Ji Hyo’s eyes - Suk Jin said

- Because she’s part of the family

 

She think about what happens on RM filming today and steals a glance to Jong Kook who is sitting beside her. Why am I so sad when hear he said that? I think my mood is not good today because of Chang Joo oppa, but it’s not like that. Just now I realize that the reason is Jong Kook oppa’s words. ‘Ji Hyo ah, wake up, you already know he just treats you as a sister, or worst, as a brother. He even doesn’t see you as a woman. Just accept the truth.’

“Mong Ji, Mong Ji, Mong Ji. Where are your soul wandering again? Comeback to us.” Noticing Ji Hyo spaces out and suddenly looks a little sad, Gary pretends teasing her. Ji Hyo quickly adjusts her facial expression, she glares at him “Yah, Kang Gary! Do you wanna die?”

 

Suk Jin fondly looks at the younger members. I guess I’m getting old, suddenly I feel like I’m watching my own children playing and teasing each other. He then turns to Jong Kook, “You said that your album will release this month. Does everything go well?”

“Yes hyung. Thanks to Haha, Gary and Joong Ki, my album is almost done. The MV is finished. There is only one song that I still not satisfy with the recording.”

That song, “So Pretty,” I wrote it for her and it would be perfect if I can sing the song to her before my album is released. But can I? She’s still in relationship with someone else. The most important thing, she doesn’t love me. To correct, she does love me, but as a brother, nothing more. If she ever knows my feeling, she will keep a distance from me. No, I couldn’t bear it. I feel painful already just by the thought that I can no longer being by her side. Looking at Ji Hyo’s smile, there is a complex feeling inside him. Part of him is happy while seeing her happy. But another part feels disappointed. He purposely shows affection toward Geun Young all day, hopes that he can see even a glimpse of Ji Hyo’s jealousy. Sadly, Ji Hyo just acts like usual. He knows it is a childish action, but what else he can do?

 

Notice that Ji Hyo has already put one empty soju bottle to the side of table and start pouring from the second bottle, Jong Kook quickly wraps her wrist to prevent her drinking more. “Ji Hyo ah, even if you don’t have any activity tomorrow, you shouldn’t drink too much. It’s not…”

Ji Hyo interrupts his sentence by imitating his speech and gesture, “It’s not good for your skin and stomach and liver, blah blah blah. Oppa, am I say right? Arghh, you always like this every time I drink in front of you. Don’t worry, just two soju bottle couldn’t knock out me. You also know that, right? Come on oppa, I promise I only finish this bottle and will not drink more.” Ji Hyo pouts, while signals Jae Suk to help her.

“Jong Kook ah, just let her drink. Even if she drunk, all six of us can take care of her. It’s a long time since we have gathered like this, enjoy and have fun.”

Let out a small sigh, Jong Kook gives up, “OK, but you must eat more. Don’t just drink like that.”

Ji Hyo suddenly has an idea, she smile sweetly at Jong Kook and uses a cute voice, “Oppa, if you don’t want me drink too much, then help me finish this bottle.” She pours soju to his glass and adds, “Oppa, just think that this is to congratulate your new album and my coming movie are almost finished as well as wish our projects will successful.” Seeing Jong Kook hesitates, she starts use her aegyo and winks to him, “Oppa, you must know that it’s an honor when having a beautiful lady like me invites you a drink.” This time, Jong Kook is totally defeated, he blushes when realizing Ji Hyo’s face is too close to his, so he quickly drinks the glass of wine in one shot to cover his embarrassment.

“YES!” Ji Hyo grins and makes a victory sign to other members while Kwangsoo complains his hyung, “Jong Kook hyung, it’s not fair. You never drink with me despite how much I convince you. But when Ji Hyo noona requests, you don’t even reject once.”

His words make Jong Kook startle a little. This betrayal giraffe, what is he saying? Am I too obvious? What if others, especially Ji Hyo find out my feeling for her?

“Girin, don’t you know that our hyung is always weak in front of woman. Next time when you want hyung drink with you, borrow our PD Dongwan a hair wig and wear a dress. Don’t forget to shave your leg hair.” Lucky for him, the other members is amusing because of Haha’s joke and don’t notice his uneasiness. Actually, only Gary, Haha and Kwangsoo laugh wholehearted. Ji Hyo is immersed in thought again. Even though I know Jong Kook oppa doesn’t follow my request because he loves me, I still feels happy. It may sound stupid but even a small thing like this have a special meaning to me. She lowers her head and let out a small laugh. Meanwhile, the two oldest members secretly observes Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. Suk Jin looks at Jae Suk, both of them give each other a knowing look.

 

12:10 PM @ Haha's restaurant

Ji Hyo’s cell phone rings. She looks at the caller ID and picks up the phone “Oh, Jae Joong ah - Me? I’m at Haha oppa restaurant - Yes, other Running man members are here too.”

Haha shouts to the phone, “Jae Joong, I’m Haha. Do you want to come? We have a party here.” Ji Hyo then change to speaker mode, let everyone hear the conversation. JYJ members politely greet their sunbae, then Junsu asks “Is it OK if we stop by, hyung? We intend to ask noona out for a drink.”

“Of course, this is such an honor, I have chance to drinking with one of the most handsome and famous boyband”

“Ah, don’t say that Gary hyung. Even it’s the truth, we are shy ㅋㅋㅋ” Jae Joong jokes. “Then we are going now, see you later hyung, noona.”

“OK, see you.”

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The next day. @ Ji Hyo house

 

Ring~Ring~Ring

“Ahnneyong ha seyo”

“Ji Hyo ah, it’s Jong Kook oppa”

“Hello oppa”

“Can you go out? I’m in front of your building”

“Arraseo, you are in front of… WHATTT? Did you just say my building, my house? Oppa, you are crazy!”