Prologue

Of Dreams and Gratitude [Hiatus]

 

Deep in the night, the moon glowed with an eerie shine, dark but beautiful; just like the clouds that, even in the pitch of black surrounding it, littered the sky bravely. The clouds would move gradually, thanking the wind for the extra push it would give with each breeze that past.

 

Time ticked by, the moon rose higher in the sky.

 

Before long, the tell all sound of the central bell ringing resounded throughout the night, indicating grandly that midnight had come upon them.

 

"... for everything."

 

Eyes snapped open, and the man sat up abruptly, bringing a round of dizziness.

 

It was that dream again.

 

A dream… a beautiful dream… not a nightmare...

 

But, often times, it felt like one. The way the dream would come and go with an air of mystery surrounding it. The way the memory of the dream would excessively torment his mind continuously throughout the following day. The way it would give such vague but distinct details, causing his mind to go into overdrive, working hard to decipher the meaning behind it- but failing.

 

It hurt- knowing that this was something important, but not knowing why it was so significant.

 

Several months this dream had been on replay- coming when it wanted and leaving like a swift breeze.

 

The man sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose- a passing thought of possibly consoling his headache with the halfhearted action.

 

Light dark rings occupied the spot under his eyes, signaling his lack of sleep. Not only was he was mentally worn out due to the dreams, but he was physically exhausted from his day to day activities. No matter how much passion he had for his job, it still needed a lot of energy- energy that was already close to spent.

 

With a heavy sigh, he laid back down, settling his head on the pillow.

 

Maybe this time, after he closed his eyes, he would wake up feeling completely refreshed.

 

And, that, he did, but for a reason that differed from the original thought.