final

Best of Friends

- Rhein’s POV-

It’s already 11:46 in the evening. How many minutes left and its my big day already. Still, Bhes Hongki is not texting nor calling me since this morning until now. I’m waiting for his text. I’m waiting for him to greet me.

 

I fell asleep waiting for his text or call. I woke up at 1:09am, when I opened my inbox, no Hongki’s text was there. I feel so disappointed and sad because this is the first time he didn’t greeted me on birthday at exactly 12midnight. I just sleep again. 11am I woke up. My girl bestfriend’s text was on my phone’s screen. She sent it at 9am.

“  Rhein~ah! Happy Birthday! I know you’re still sleeping. Wake up!! Yah!!! Kekeke… text me when you’re already awake. Eat you’re breakfast then go to our favorite mall.. saengil chukka hamnida! Saranghae bhestie!!~^^ ”

 

Why all of a sudden??

I just followed what’s my bhestie told me to do.

When I’m already there, I sat at the bench inside the mall. I’m waiting for her. She doesn’t answering my text & calls..

Dianne~ah!! You’re dead!!!

 

After a minute, my bhestie called.

" Mianhae, Im not going there anymore. My boss called me, so I need to hurry now to go at the office. "

 

What?! My bestfriend will leave me here? T_T

" *sigh* arasso. Take care. Take slow while driving. "

" Ne! kamsa! By the way, I texted Hongki already, I told him to pick you up there. I think he’s on his way now. Just wait for him, ok? "

" Ara.. take care huh?! You’re too careless!! Kekeke..peace ^_____^v bye. "

I hang up

 At exactly 12:25noon, Hongki came up.

" Sorry for making you wait. By the way Happy Birthday Bhes!! I love you! "

" Aniyo! Its ok.. gomawo.. I love you too bhes.. "

 

 

I already forgot what he did last night. Not texting me & calling me.

Im happy because he’s with me now.

Saying I love you to each other is natural to the two of us because we’re doing it for about 20years.

I was about to open the car’s door when he opened it for me.

" Very gentleman today huh?! "

" It’s your day ^__^v "

 

 

We’re on our way to…………

Where?!

 

" Ya! Bhes, where are we going? " - I asked, I really dont know where we going.

He smiled " To somewhere you might forgotten, but for me its memorable. "

eh?! where??

" Huh?! Where? "

" S-E-C-R-E-T " then he sticked out his tongue.. aigoo.~~

- Hongki’s POV -

I need to make her happy this day. Because its my last day here in the Philippines. Im going back to Korea tomorrow. I didn’t told anybody about this. I can’t text her yesterday because Im busy doing my stuff for my flight tomorrow.

* flashback *

My phone vibrates..

There’s someone calling me..

Oh! Its Dianne.

" Yeoboseyo? "

" Can you please pick up our birthday girl at the mall. Im on my way now to the office. Jebal. " - She pleaded.

[a/n: Jebal- Please]

" Arasso.. no problem. Take care. Just slow down while driving.. "

I hang up

Its my chance to take her whole day. I want to show her my true feelings, because tomorrow Im going back to Korea. There’s no more another chance. I will tell her the truth.

* end of flashback *

 

We’re now on our way to the place where we first met. We still young at that time. I was holding my toy car & she was holding a barbie doll. I then I was shocked when she suddenly cried. I open my pocket and gave him my lollipop then she stopped from crying. After that day we became friends. Every other day we’re always seeing each other there, playing, talking. Jaejin, Minhwan, Jonghoon, Seunghyun, she also met my four cousins when we’re already 10years old. Until now we still best of friends. And each days that have passed, Im loving her even more. I love her more than bestfriends.

 

- Rhein’s POV -

Im already awake. But wait, I can’t open my eyes, there’s something blocking my eyes

 

" Ya!! Bhes! Where are you? What’s this?! " - I asked, what's this?!!! ugh...

" You can now take off the handkerchief. "

 I took off the handki. At first it was blur but later on, I saw what’s on my surrounding.

Beautiful, very beautiful place. Its already night but the lights lighten up the whole place. Now, I remember, it’s the place where me and hongki first met. I was too young that time.

 

" Ya!! Where are you?? "

 

My eyes are already teary because he takes me here, here at this special place.

 

" Im here. At your back. "

 

I looked back & I saw him, walking closer to me.

 

"  I want you to wear this necklace everytime. Its my birthday gift for you. " -then he smiled.. yeah, that smile of yours..

" Thank you bhes! Thank you so much. "

 

I feel like I was about to cry so I try to hold it.

 

We sat on the bench & take a minute of talking, telling our own stories.

After that, he stand up & he lend his hand.

I place my hand on his, then we walk like real lovers do.

Holding hands.

If you just only know I love you more than a 'Bestfriends'.

 

- Hongki’s POV -

How many minutes left, I will tell you what I really feels.

 

 

- Rhein's POV -

It's really awkward for me, because it's the first time we held hand like this. Yes, we held hand before but this time it's really different. I can feel the beating of my heart getting faster and faster.

When we reach the place, he let go of my hand. I suddenly grabbed it again so he looked at me, smiled and told me..

"  Don't be scared, I'm just here. Wait for me. "

 

With that, I let go of his hand. I trust him.

Im still waiting when suddenly the lights light up. I saw his four cousins.

They formed as a band?!

 

I saw Hongki, and he's holding the mic? oh.. he's in vocals..

They played my favorite songs.

Butterflies. Yeah, butterflies in my tummy.. ><

After 3 songs, they stopped.

We're in silent for a few seconds then Hongki suddenly talked..

" Rhein~ah, I hid it for about 20years. I love you ever since that I met you. I like the way you treated me. You've been nice to me. And I fell in love with you. I love you, more than you think. I love you.. I love you, more than bestfriends. Can you be my girl? "

I can feel my tears running down my cheeks. I cried. I can't help it anymore.

All these years I thought he only loves me as a bestfriend. But now, he confessed, it's time for me to confessed too.

He came closer to me and gave me the same lollipop he gave me when the first time I cried because of him. I hugged him & he hugged me back, tighter.

" Rhein, sorry if I feel this way, but.. can you be my girl? " -he whispered. I can feel his breath.

Im just crying. Still.

" Ya! answer me, please . I just want to know what you feels. " -he said

" Hongki~ah.. I hate you! "
yes I hate you.. because I thought its a one-sided love.. I hate you.. but I love you!! I really do..

" I-is that your a-answer? "

I let go of our hug and face him. Still crying.

" I hate you!! I thought this was only a one-sided love!! I thought Im just the only one who's inlove here!! I hate you!!! I never thought that you feel the same way too!! " -I said while hitting his chest.

"  I love you Hongki. I really do. Since that day. You're the one & only man that I've ever loved. I love you Hongki, I really do love you. " -my head was ducked while saying this.

" Ya! Stop crying " he tilted my head up so he can looked straight into my eyes.

He smiled and wipe my tears using his thumb.

" I don't want to see you crying " I smiled back because of what he says.

" So will you be my girl? "

" Of course. I want to. So, will you be my boy? " Yes. I always want to.. Its my wish to be with you,so I asked the same thing.

" Always, Forever "

Then he planted kiss on my lips.

My first kiss.

 

-- The day after my birthday --

I went to Hongki's house to surprise him, but it was me who was surprise instead because of what his maid told me.

" He's going to somewhere ma'am, he brought his airport bags "

 

Ya!! Bhes!

Why you didn't told me?

Are you going back to Korea?

Why all of a sudden?

WHY YOU DIDN'T TOLD ME?!!

 

I hurry at the airport to see him, but unfortunately I was too late.

The big monitor at the airport says that the flight to Korea is 9am and its already 10am.

It hurts. He leaved me.

Head ducked as I walked. Not even looking at the other people I bumped. Not looking at the place where I am. I just crossed the street when suddenly I just heard a loud beeping of a car.

- Hongki's POV -

I was late. Aish!! I came up at 9:35am. My flight was 9am!! Bad luck!!

I was walking on the street and then I saw Rhein walking.

She looks like she's sad and crying.

Eh?! Why is she here anyway?

And just then, I saw a car running it speed. I run to her as fast as I can cause I know she might be hit by that car. When I reached her place, I just felt the pain in my body and my head bumped into the floor. I can see her running towards me as a red liquid blur my vision. And the last thing I knew was the pain in my whole body especially in my head.

- Rhein's POV -

" Hongki! Bhes! Please wake up! Don't leave me. Not now please. Not now. We just made a promise yesterday that we wont leave eah other. So please.. kajima. jebal.. saranghae. "

[a/n: Kajima- Don't leave, Saranghae- I love you]

I said while holding at the necklace he gave me.

I was crying too much because of what happened.

 

I was here at the hospital with his four cousins.

We're waiting outside of the operation room.

When the doctor came out of the room, we hurriedly walk towards the doctor.

He just wearing a sad face.

Please doc. Please. don't say it.

 

" Are you the patient's friend? " -doctor asked

" Yes " -we answered

" How was it doc? " -I asked even though Im scared to hear his answer.

I just really want to know how was Hongki.

Im really scared. Im scared the he'll leave, forever.

" Im sorry but he didn't take it any longer. His brain was fully damanged. We did our very best but we're very sorry. "

That's it. The answer I've been waiting for.

My world stop. I don't know what should I do nor say.

I was speechless.

My tears are falling continously.

It wont stop.

It hurts. It really hurts.

The man I only loved in my whole life.

The man who say's he also love me.

The man I value the most.

The man who promised me that he'll never leave me , no matter what happened.

But now, he's gone. He leave me.

Jonghoon hugged me. " Rhein~ah, we know that Hongki is now safe from any harm. Ooljima "

[a/n: ooljima- don't cry]

" It was my fault. Mianhae *sobs* Jungmal mianhae" - I said while im still crying

[a/n: mianhae- sorry, jungmal- really]

" No, its not your fault, God have plans for each and everyone of us " -Jaejin said

" Gukjungma, we know that he's always with us, guiding us. " Seunghyun said

[a/n: gukjungma- dont worry]

" Especially you, Rhein " Minhwan said while giving me his assurance smile.

The four boys hugged me, and they left me because I told them that I want to be alone just for a while.

I went at hospital's rooftop. Im still crying while looking at the sky and holding at the necklace he gave me.

" Why did you leave me? You told me that you will be at my side always and forever. You promised that, right? But why did you leave me? "

 

 

*

 

Even though its not a happy ending for the both of us, I know he's happy there at the place where he is right now.

 

1 year had passed by so fast.

I already accept the fact that he's gone.

It was my birthday today.

Now, Im here in front of his tomb.

I want to celebrate my first birthday without him here to the place I can feel that he's with me.

Im just staring at his picture.

" I know you're always by my side, taking care of me, like you've promise the day before you left. Don't worry, Im happy right now, knowing that you fine there in you place.

 

You're the only one that I have loved.

 

And I'll keep on loving you..

 

Always...

 

Forever..

 

*****