Chapter 2

The 7 Days Deal [Rewriting]

1489 words

Not proofread obviously 


Baekhyun smiled, taking the calendar onto his palm and made a big circle on one of a particular date, specifically, the day where he will be reunited back with his lover and leave all this mess behind.

He hummed to his favourite song and threw his gaze at the tall man that was still sleeping beside him. An idea crept into his mind, since he was feeling very good and grinned. Carefully, he got up from the bed and padded toward the kitchen before starting to take out certain ingredients in the fridge.

“Chanyeol’s gonna love this,” he exclaimed while chopping a carrot.

It was one hour later that Baekhyun finished his cooking. He smiled proudly, pulling out his phone from his trouser and captured the image of the food that he just cooked. He sighed contently and took a sit, deciding to play some game while waiting for Chanyeol to wake up.

Baekhyun ears perked up when he heard footsteps from the living room. Deciding that he was too excited to give Chanyeol have a taste of his cooking, he ran toward the taller and literally dragging Chanyeol by his wrist and made him sat at the dinner table.

“I cook this for you,” Baekhyun said to the still half asleep Chanyeol.

Chanyeol nodded, feeling his mood brighten at the thought of Baekhyun cook for him. He took the chopstick and put the food in his mouth.

It’s not that bad was what Chanyeol thought at first but halfway chewing on the food, Chanyeol had to grip his hand tightly to prevent himself from throwing up. When he knew that he couldn’t took it anymore, he quickly swallow the food and drink a glass of water with Baekhyun following all his movement with his eyes all the while grinning happily.

“Is it good?”

Chanyeol cursed all the heaven and hell for making his life miserable because he was so close to flip the dinner table and have a private tutorial on how to cook but when he saw Byun Baekhyun with his glory eye smile and that square smile, he decided that no, he would rather kill himself than seeing Baekhyun upset.

He let out a forced smile that was too bright for even himself, “It’s good. I hope you’ll cook this for me every day.”

Baekhyun eyes lit up in pure happiness and he nodded to himself, “I know right? I’ll make sure to cook for you every morning.”

The tall man paled, his jaw hang open in shocked and horror, “Wait, are you sure?”

“Of course”

 

Chanyeol was ready to go to work, hell, he just need to turn the doorknob to get out from the house but when Baekhyun told him earlier that he was going to cook for dinner tonight, he hesitated.

“Chanyeol?” he heard the smaller called out his name worriedly after seeing his husband standing in front of the door without doing anything, “Are you okay? Did you forgot something?”

Pursing his lips, Chanyeol slowly shook his head and threw an assuring smiled to Baekhyun. He slowly turned the doorknob and closed the door after him.

He let out a big sighed, taking a deep breath before thinking to just it and open back the door, startling Baekhyun.

“Oh, you forget something? I can-”

“You know what? You don’t have to cook dinner tonight because I was thinking of taking you to the restaurant down the street,” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun blinked confusedly but nodded nonetheless, “Uh, sure.”

“Great, I’ll pick you up around 8”

Chanyeol grinned one last time to Baekhyun before he closed back the door and go to work for real this time.

 

 

Chanyeol is late. Baekhyun frowned, throwing his gaze to the clock and glare at nothing in particular. It was already 10 p.m. and Chanyeol was still nowhere to be seen. Baekhyun was frustrated and upset.

His mood to cook has long gone but he was starving. With a pout, he dial up the nearest fast food delivery restaurant. He was mad although he knew Chanyeol probably were busy with his work, moreover since the taller is a CEO of his family company.

Half an hour later, while he was stuffing his mouth with the chicken he ordered, he heard the rumbling of his husband’s car in the garage and quickly pull out his sulky face.

He heard the door creaking indicating that someone was trying to open the door slowly and failed miserably.

“Hey Baek,” Chanyeol greeted albeit nervously.

Sensing that the smaller man wouldn’t reply anything that he said soon, the taller sighed and joined his husband on the couch.

“I’m so sorry,” Chanyeol started, “I knew I promised you but suddenly the company has an emergency meeting.”

“Calling wouldn’t hurt right?” Baekhyun asked coldly, looking at the taller flushed face.

At that, the tall man keep silent and fiddled with his thumb. The air surrounded them was full with awkwardness that Chanyeol tried to ease by making small joke but it was proven useless when Baekhyun wouldn’t even look at his face or laugh his usual twinkling laugh.

Fortunately, Chanyeol was save when Baekhyun’s phone rang. He tried to look at the ID out of boredom more than curiosity but when the small man tried to hide the ID from his view, his curiosity level shot up instantly. He watched as Baekhyun walked toward the veranda before closing the sliding door to have more privacy in furrowed eyebrow.

“Just who is he talking to?” he muttered to himself when he saw his husband smiling to whoever he was talking to. And although there was a sharp pain shooting in his heart when he saw Baekhyun laughing sweetly, he tried to calm his heart and said that it was his fault for being a jerk that night.

Chanyeol was playing with his phone while waiting for Baekhyun to finish his conversation. It’s not about ten minutes later that the smaller finally finished and sat beside him while smiling, obviously in a good mood.

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol, as if waiting for his name to be called, replied immediately and locked his phone before putting it aside and giving Baekhyun all of his undivided attention.

“I was so upset that you break your promise…”

Chanyeol pouted, his eyes look troubled at the upset puppy, “I know and I’m sorry. If there is any way to make you forgive me then I’ll do it.”

Upon seeing the smirk gazing at the tip of his husband lip, he knew he was troubled and he was very sure that Baekhyun will ask him something stupid but he didn’t expect the word, “Let’s go honeymoon tomorrow,” came out of Baekhyun mouth. And he for sure didn’t just imagined something inappropriate about his puppy husband in a y lingerie.

Coughing, Chanyeol cleared his throat, “You know you’re being very misleading right now, right?”

“You said you will do anything for me if I’m willing to forgive you,” Baekhyun pouted, “Beside, it’s not a real honeymoon. It’s just too pleased my mom. He’s been pestering me for days asking about our honeymoon.”

The taller sighed and agreed, “Whatever you want my lovely husband.”

 

The very next day, Baekhyun was already up at six in the morning, obviously too cheerful for Chanyeol’s sleepy figure.

“Why are you up so damn early?” Chanyeol voice was husky and deep from sleep, “It just six in the morning, Baekhyun.”

“I know,” his husband chirped, “But I want to be as early as possible so we don’t miss our flight.”

Chanyeol groaned when the smaller attempt to tickle him after trying to make him shower. With a sigh, the taller rise from his deep slumber and trailed to the bathroom.

After the shower, Chanyeol felt somewhat fresh and awake as he follow the trace of bacon’s smell that seem to be from the kitchen.

‘No, not again,’ Chanyeol silently groaned on his way to the kitchen but all his thought came to a halt after seeing the small man determine figure, busying himself with cooking the bacon and egg.

“Hey,” Chanyeol greeted in which he got a small smile in acknowledgement.

Staring from the table, Chanyeol never realize how Baekhyun look so cute and gorgeous just focusing on the dish he was trying to make. Baekhyun did made his heart throb on their wedding day but back then Baekhyun was just a figure that wouldn’t made him get kicked out from his house. But now, after getting to know the small male, Chanyeol couldn’t help but felt something for the smaller. There’s something about the smaller that intrigued him, charmed him as if he was cast by a spell every time he saw him.  

And no matter how he denied it, he could sense that he start to fall for his puppy husband every day and every time they spend their time.