Chapter 1

The 7 Days Deal [Rewriting]

1970 words

Not proofread


 

Baekhyun didn’t expect anything from Chanyeol, to be honest. By friend, he thought that kind of relationship where Chanyeol would woke up in the morning, say ‘good morning’  to him and then went to work only to return night after and say ‘good night’ before going to sleep. Or, he thought with them being ‘friend’, Chanyeol would ignore him and he will most definitely ignore Chanyeol.

Well, he could say that Chanyeol was full with surprise because when he woke up, he didn’t see Chanyeol sleeping form (that was expected) on the couch at the corner of the room but instead he was greeted with delicious smell that surely making his stomach growl in hunger.

He frowned as he sat on the bed, running his hand through his messy hair. He walked toward the kitchen, stumbling a little because his eyes were still thick with sleepiness. He caught the overly tall giant at the kitchen, slicing what he thought vegetables and quickly slid to sit on the chair.

Chanyeol still didn’t notice him and that made Baekhyun smile a little because the latter was too absorb on his cooking to notice him. It was not when Chanyeol wanted to wash his hand did he noticed Baekhyun sitting at the kitchen table, laughing silently.

“What the hell, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol exclaimed, putting his hand on his chest in shock, “Should have told me.”

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulder, “What are you cooking?”

“Omelette. I almost done, wait a min,” with that being said, Chanyeol quickly took two plates and finished his cooking before putting it on the table.

He sat in front of Baekhyun who have already digging his breakfast. For a seconds, he didn’t do anything, just staring at the latter until eventually snap out of it and start eating.

 

 

It was later at afternoon, Baekhyun was lazing in the house and Chanyeol was long gone to his work did he heard knocking on his front door. Baekhyun who was still lying on the couch, groaned but still walked toward the door after seconds of cursing and profanities.

He didn’t expect anyone for that matter. It was probably his neighbour but when he open the door to meet with the sight of a messy Sehun, he slammed the door close after seconds of creaking it open.

He heard some banging from the other side of the door with Sehun begging him to open the door, “Baby please, open the door.”

Baekhyun knees weaken as he slid down the floor with hand covering his mouth in shock and eyes blurry with tears. He sobbed, putting his leg close to his chest.

He hate it when he goes all weak like this but really, Sehun was his weak point.

“Baek, Baekhyun, please, I can explain,” maybe he wrong, but he heard few sobbed coming from outside, “Just open the door.”

He may be hypocrite for being mean to Sehun for being married but what could he do? He was so damn tired to deal with all the that was being thrown to him.

A part of him knew that he was being selfish for acting like a brat to stop Sehun from his wedding but he knew it was maybe him being insecure. For all he know, Sehun bride could be prettier, smarter, and more perfect than him. There’s no guaranteed that Sehun would choose him over his bride. He didn’t have any clue what to do with their relationship anymore. Their 3 years of relationship now gone to waste.

The banging didn’t stop, even after Baekhyun keep silent for about 10 minutes and judging from the rapidly sobbing from Sehun, he was crying even harder at the span of time.

It break his heart, it really did but he need to do this in order to not break his heart even more. And it’s all for Sehun after all, he could be happier with his new bride than him. He just know it.

“You know I love you, Baek,” Sehun said, finally.

Still, Baekhyun didn’t want to open the door.

“If you love me, open the door. If you don’t, I’ll just assume that you choose your husband over me.”

It’s funny how the door become the fate for their long relationship. And it’s funny how much he swear to not open the door but when he heard Sehun’s footstep started fading away in the distance, he finally open the door with a creak.

And for the first time in his life, he could saw just how much miserable Sehun look. His heart aches when he saw the hope in Sehun’s eyes.

He did this to Sehun.

He sobbed, running towards Sehun and wrapped his arm around the taller man, resting his head on Sehun’s chest. Sehun kept on running his hand comfortingly behind his back as he cried his heart out.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” Baekhyun chanted, hiccupping from the crying he did.

Sehun smiled, cupping both his cheek in his palm, “It’s okay, baby. I know you were scared. I’m glad you’re willing to give us a second chance.”

Baekhyun wondered if he could fall any deeper for Sehun that he already did.

 

 

By the time Baekhyun finished his ‘talk’ and the not so date with Sehun at the nearby park, it was already dark. Baekhyun frowned when he saw that it was already late and Chanyeol would probably been waiting for him at home. So with heavy heart, he bid goodbye to Sehun who in return, clinging to him like there was no tomorrow.

“Sehun, I need to go,” Baekhyun sighed, trying to push Sehun away weakly because he too didn’t want to part with Sehun just yet.

Sehun shook his head, snuggling against Baekhyun with his head nuzzling the short man’s neck, “Let just stay like this for a few moment, okay?”

Baekhyun sighed again but nevertheless found himself smiling from Sehun’s cuteness. He hummed, carding his finger through the younger’s hair.

They spend their last five minutes like that and how Baekhyun wished that time would freeze and let them stay like that forever but realities is a , right?

 

 

When he arrived home, he expect that Chanyeol would waiting for him at their house, and by at their house, he mean inside not outside, freezing his off.

Baekhyun step fasten at the sight of his husband standing beside his car with a shaking body and clenched fist. He shook his head as he cupped Chanyeol’s face and rub soothing circle on the latter’s cheek, trying to warm him up.

“What the hell are you doing out here?” Baekhyun scolded.

Chanyeol gave him a tired grin, “I forgot my key and I rang the doorbell but nobody answer so I tried to search for you but I didn’t found you anywhere.”

Baekhyun heart thumped in nervousness at the word because Chanyeol was looking for him earlier so the chance that his husband might found him with his boyfriend was really thick, right?

But nevertheless he smiled, trying to ease his thought and put it far back in his mind, “You idiot,” he teased, opening the door for Chanyeol, “Don’t do it, again or else you’re gonna die freezing.”

He heard Chanyeol mumbled something quick but he dismissed it when Chanyeol suddenly exclaimed that he want to take a hot shower.

 

“So,” Baekhyun began, placing a cup of hot chocolate on the coffee table, directly in front of Chanyeol and took a seat beside the giant, “How’s work?”

Chanyeol hummed, switching from a channel to another channel in hope to find something interesting but when he found nothing that caught his attention, he switched it off, “Boring, like usual.”

They sat in silence, basking in the comfort of the hot chocolate’s warmness.

“Hey, this is delicious. You should do it more often,” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun smiled at him pleasantly and continued to sip on his hot chocolate.

“Baek…” Chanyeol trailed off, body suddenly tense, “Can I ask you a question?

Baekhyun scrunched his nose but nevertheless nodded.

“Do you…” a breath from Chanyeol, “Do you… uhh, how should I say this? Uhh…”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “What Chanyeol”

“Uhh, do you…”

“Do I what?”

“Baek, you…”

“Chanyeol, I swear if you don’t say it I’ll-”

“Do you want to watch the TV?”

The small man’s forehead ceased, nodding very slowly as in to take on Chanyeol’s weirdness, “Sure…” he trailed, “Is that it?”

Chanyeol nodded in confirmation and when Baekhyun’s attention was on the sappy Korean drama, he let out a relief sigh that surely went unnoticed by the latter.

 

***

 

He woke up the next morning with the same routines like his previous one. The difference was only that he got a call from Sehun and judging by the way his boyfriend talked, he could tell that it was important. Nevertheless he accepted the younger’s invitation to meet at the nearby coffee shop.

He walked toward the kitchen with a small smile as the smell of grilled bacon hit his nose. He shook his head in amusement, leaning on the door frame to wait until Chanyeol noticed him.

And just like the day before, Chanyeol went into a little shock when he saw the latter by the doorframe.

“Is that a habit?” Chanyeol asked, placing his hand on his chest.

Baekhyun laughed lightly, shaking his head, “Maybe.”

“Where are you going?”

Baekhyun frowned in confusion, “What?”

“I mean, you look pretty nice today”

“Oh,” Baekhyun exclaimed, “Meeting a friend.”

 

***

 

As soon as he walked into the warm café, he heard his boyfriend shouted for his name. He smiled, waving his hand in excitement.

“I miss you,” Sehun exclaimed as he pulled Baekhyun into a tight hug.

Baekhyun giggled as he took a seat beside Sehun and leaned his head onto the younger’s shoulder, “What have gotten into you, silly.”

Sehun sighed in content, wrapping his arm around the short man’s shoulder, “I just miss you, that’s all.”

Baekhyun smiled, although a bit sad by the fact that what they were doing was wrong. He sighed, taking Sehun’s hand and kissed it sweetly, looking at the tall man’s eyes. For a moment, they just sat next to each other, both wrapped in each other’s scent.

“Did you ever wonder what it would be to us if all of this disaster didn’t happen?” Sehun asked, breaking the silence.

“I don’t know and I don’t want to know because it would only make it more painful than it already were”

“Well…” Sehun hesitated, “Do you trust me?”

Baekhyun looked at Sehun in shock, a glimpse of anger flash through his eyes, “I thought you knew.”

“I’m sorry. It’s just, I…,” Sehun took a deep breath, squeezing Baekhyun hand for comfort, “I was about to suggest something crazy.”

“What?”

“Promise me that you’re not going to freak out.”

“Just spill it,” Baekhyun growled.

“Well… I came out with a plan to help both of us out from this mess.”

Baekhyun eyes twinkled, “Sehun that’s great. What is it?”

“Both of our parent told us to get married, right?”

The latter nodded in excitement.

“They never told us that we couldn’t divorced with our partner…” Sehun trailed, giving Baekhyun the time to process the words he had been saying.

“You want me to ask for divorcement from my husband?”

Sehun nodded, “Yes, but we need to wait in order for this to work because we could use excuse that our relationship is not working”

Baekhyun frowned in such a cute way that Sehun couldn’t resist to kiss the latter nose which scrunched after that.

“For how long?” Baekhyun pouted.

“Two weeks?”

“Too long,” the short man whined, “Make it one week.”

Sehun smiled and nodded before cupping his lover’s face to bring him into a kiss, “Sure, whatever you said.”

 


A/N:

Phew~ I'm back

Look forward for the next chapter next week, maybe, if I'm not being too lazy.