First dream

The doll house

“I still can’t believe that you bought that for a thousand!”

Soojung snapped at the tall boy who was averting gaze with her; his eyes fleeted to the other side of the large living room getting melted by guilt. Minho was lazing on the long white leathered sofa; trying his best to ignore his sister’s smoldering glare. There was a long pause between the siblings and Soojung seemed that she wasn’t going to quit her long stare anytime soon.

Minho looked at the HD screen of the television and turned to see his sister still staring at him. The living room got stuffier with the company of the loud chiming clock. The big grandfather clock at the side struck ten and glowered with ten loud bangs, bouncing against the walls of the living room.

“Okay… assez de, you’ve been scolding me for the past two days”

“What are you even going to do with that?!”She shouted still failing to understand why Minho had bought that creepy doll.

Minho didn’t answer back to her question and turned back his attention to the television.

“Don’t you think it will come to live or something? You know I’m afraid of dolls”

Minho chuckled at his sister’s sudden confession and didn’t hesitate to mock her for her useless imagination.

“You really should stop watching those low-quality horror flicks”

Soojung shuttered slightly as she glared at him more then she already was. Nothing came out of because she knew her childish acquaintance over there; would just make a big joke out of it.

“You never know! Now tell me what will you do if that doll comes alive?”

That question got Minho to think a little as a baby-sided smile formed in his lips. Thoughts of having such a beautiful creature beside him crept into his imagination. But his smile fell within a tad moment as he knew as much as he hoped that would happen it was never going to happen.

“Have you even seen that doll? She’s gorgeous! I wouldn’t hesitate to seduce her with my charms and marry her” he snapped back at his sister with a hint of amusement bottomed in his words.

“But that’s never going to happen so stop complaining…”

“Whatever it is, I hate that doll…throw it away!”

“That’s not your decision Krystal, she’s my doll and I make the decisions here”

The doll he purchased at Bahnhofstrasse two days ago had brought a storm home; along with him. Ever since the day he bought the doll; he had been constantly bickering with his younger sister.

 She repeatedly told him that she hated the doll which somehow stole most of his attention.

“I’m telling this to your father!”

The word ‘your father’ got Minho to wince a little before he looked at Soojung right in the eyes. How much longer was it going to take to convince this girl; she had never once registered the fact that they were now a family. One big family.

“You mean our father~”

“He is not my father! And you are not my brother”

Her voice raised a little, intimidating Minho slightly. She didn’t hate them but she hated the fact that he was her brother. It just seemed wrong to be his younger sister; it wasn’t the way she wanted it to really be.

“Why do you hate me this much?”

With a hurt heart he tore his gaze away from her to the television. Thoughts flew in random directions from his blurry vision as he understood that life was not what it was three years ago. He loved his step-mother like his own and his step-sister as his younger self; but she never gave him a chance.

Three years ago he was the only son of; one of Seoul’s biggest business magnet. Living a single-handed life with his single father, gotten dragged away from his mother at the tender age of five. But now he was the eldest son of Mr and Mrs Choi, living in a luxurious house located at the central of Zurich.

Mrs. Choi his mother of three years; loved him as much as she loved her very own-Soojung and his father showered his new daughter with love and care that was never returned back. She didn’t hate him; she didn’t dis-regard him but she still refused to acknowledge him as her father.

“I don’t hate you Minho…I just don’t want to be your sister, just try to understand”

If he had just enough brains to understand her statement; nothing would have gone wrong.  Choi Minho was just a name and at the bottom of her heart she knew that she was still Jung Soojung. Maybe one day she will become Choi Soojung but not this way-

“No, don’t explain. I wouldn’t understand even if you explain” he walked away, with a heavy heart to his room in the third floor of the house.

He crashed onto the fluffy blankets of his bed and looked at his doll standing on the wide platform of his shelf; smiling at him almost as if telling him to smile together with her.

“Well you seem happy” he raised his thick bow shaped eyebrow as he looked at his doll back with a challenging look.

She was trying to make him smile; at least that was what it seemed to be like. The beautiful smile on her lips and the certain glint in her realistic eyes, forecasted nothing but the willingness to make Minho happy. 

He was determined to not to get affected by her good mood that was ushering him to smile too-  not wanting to be accept the fact that a mere doll could change his ridiculously terrible mood.

But seconds later he gave up letting his frown turn upside down to a beautiful smile; it seemed that she was happy in contrast to him.

“You’re really creepy~”

Minho took a final look at his expensive doll and closed his eyes lazily allowing darkness to take over. All he could think of was how empty his life was despite having everything he asked and never asked for.

The winter signaling breeze; brought along a coldness and moist. The stars across the vacuum sky sparkled brightly and shot night colors into Minho’s room. Magical dust brushed against the cold clouds wiping strong and cold wind into Minho’s room via the balcony. The blueish-white curtain blew with the wind and Minho cuddled himself more into his warm blanket.

Then the magic happened; quietly. So quietly that nobody knew it happened.  

Sitting on the same platform of the shelf in human-form; she quietly and gingerly jumped down. Her bare foot touched the cold marble tile as she made her way curiously to who was sleeping in an untidy manner.

Yoona tilted her head to the side and tried to guess who this handsome looking guy could actually be. She reached out her white hand to wake the man up; but retreated it before she really did wake him up.

Quietly she sat on the surface of the large white bed right beside him and soon enough slipped herself under the blankets together with him. His body temperature was surprisingly warm enough to radiate to her cold body as she kept her stand in watching the guy sleep.

Yoona quietly observed Minho as he squirmed in his sleep several times. She smiled together with him when he smiled and frowned with him when he did; following all of his expressions carefully. 

Minho slowly opened his eyes but closed as soon he did even before they really did open. Sleepy, tired and laziness were the few things he was compelled to but his throat was burning with dryness; he needed water to quench his thirst- before he dies from the lack of water.

He forced his saggy eye lids to open wide, willing himself to wake up. But once they opened fully; they didn’t shut back like they did few seconds ago. His eyes went wide and an un-familiar presence stagnant in the reflection of his eyes.

“Annyeong”  she raised one of her hand up and greeted him as if saying hi.

Minho’s reaction was far from what they ever portrayed in the movies. He blinked his eyes several times; silently wishing that she wouldn’t vanish in the interval of the blinks.

“Who are you?”

There wasn’t panic in his tone, he didn’t scream, he didn’t run, heck he didn’t even move. He lay on his position as he tried to draw a line in between of imagination and reality. He saw the girl opening to answer him but something struck him as his eyes scanned down her full figure.

The red trench coat, the long black hair, those pair of beautiful eyes, those soft features, the unrealistic white skin and the ‘Y’ sign at the corner of her coat.

“Yoona?”

This time Minho freaked out a little. He got up from his position to sit right up, she followed his action and found herself looking straight at a stranger; her legs folded back elegantly, tugged below her sitting form. Her black hair blew to the side beautifully; not messing it up.

Minho on the other hand had gotten ready to role-play the life of Sherlock Holmes. This was either a big joke played by his sister, this girl who apparently looked exactly like his doll lost her way and thought that this was her house or he was just going mad.

Minho immediately looked at the shelf where he left his doll; she wasn’t there. Panic rose in his system once again. Did his wish just came true or was there a more logical explanation to this situation.

“You could have placed me elsewhere; did you know how afraid I was to jump down to the ground”

Minho’s eyes fleeted back and forth to his shelf and Yoona. Her voice rung at the side of his ear; a cute baby like pleading voice that he was swarmed by.

“what?” his voice came out meekly. This could all be a delusion that would hurt his heart at the end of this mindless dream.

“What’s your name?”

She spoke despite knowing that she was not very welcomed by the owner of the room. Minho did not mind to reply back to her polite question and brought his shivering pointed finger and slightly poked it on to the bouncy surface of the girl’s face.

The retention of his finger against her pink cheek; projected more panic into Minho’s body. Smoothness that of a new born child that had been wrapped up in a warm blanket. She felt so soft and perfect.

He immediately took away his finger and realized that she was indeed real.

“Minho Choi” a short soft reply rung at Yoona’s ear.

ravi de vous rencontrer!!

The over excited girl shouted and wrapped her smooth cold arms around the guy. Her tiny head buried at the crook of his neck for a slow second. She for some reason managed to warm Minho a little despite her strangely cold exterior.

“ah…ni…nice to me..meet you too~” he flushed bright red as the girl pulled away from the hug.

Despite living in Switzerland; the land filled with countless whispers, hugs, kisses and love for slightly over three years. He could not come out of his Asian shyness and the slightest skin ship with a gorgeous lady was enough to make him into a tomato.

“Don’t worry; I’ll be bringing you to the shop in the morn and returning you back”

The only thing he could think at the moment was to bring Yoona back to the store. His heart was screaming at him to keep her right by his side but his mind knew that would be the worst thing he would ever have done in his life. This doll was not his and someone else would be waiting for her.

***

“You sold the doll!!!”

His loud shout reflected against the store’s walls and startled the customers who slowly and silently left the store. Victoria cooped to the corner of the cashier table, mad at herself for committing such a big mistake.

“I’m sorry max”

Changmin’s enlarged eyes shrunk for the slightest as he dropped to the cane chair with his weak legs. His bride had been sold. He wanted his mother back in form of his bride but she was now in the hands of someone.

Victoria slowly dragged her feet along to Changmin. The sole of her plastic flats brushed against the wooden platform and created dry sounds. He looked up at his elder sister whose eyes were red from crying; she kneeled right beside him.

Changmin couldn’t be angry with Victoria for long. She was also his mother; who took care of him from as long he could remember. She was one side of his mother. He brought up his hands and firmly wiped away the tears from his sister’s cheek.                                                                                                    

“It’s okay~” he breathed out; not more than a whisper. It was not okay but he had to console Victoria, it saddened him to see her hurt.

“I will…find her for you, even if that’s the last thing I ever do”

“That’s not problem here…she could be hurt easily; she’s not much different from a new born child”

Pictures of his bride getting hurt or ually abused by some stranger scratched his heart painfully. She was an innocent child who probably wouldn’t even know she was getting hurt.

The black small hand of his watch ticked once more and clearly told him that if what the witch had told him was real, if the magic really worked. His doll was now alive and probably in the clutches of an evil person and he was going to have to save his bride.

***

Her eyes teared up for a second as she looked into his guilty eyes. What did he really mean by returning her back?

“Are…are you crying?”

It was fairly lame question but that was the only thing he could think of asking her. It wouldn’t be right to ask her straight that if she didn’t want to go.

Yoona kept mum as she slapped her pretty little face into the comfort walls of her palms. She covered her face from Minho and wept thinking that he wouldn’t be able to see her.

“Yoona?” he wrapped his cold hands around both her wrists like handcuffs and pulled them down; away from her face.

There weren’t any tears, her eyes were watery, she was breathing hard from all the crying but. There weren’t any tears down her cheeks.

Shocked; Minho let go of his grip on Yoona’s right wrist and touched her cheek to check if his eyes were playing tricks with him. The girl right in front of him was crying but she couldn’t cry.

“I can’t cry, I can’t even name this feeling”

She raised her voice and wailed louder; tears still failed to fall down her rosy cheeks.

“Why are you sad?”

Minho indirectly explained to her the feeling. The feeling of sadness. What Yoona did surprised Minho in a very pleasant way.

She swept her long; sweet scented hair to her right shoulder and lowered her body on the bed. She then placed her head on Minho’s lap and curled her form like a child.

The baby like doll; sleeping with on his lap was too unbelievable. His heart started thumping hard as he looked down at the doll on his lap. Did he really have to send her back?

Then she said it…

“I’m not going anywhere….so please don’t send me aw-”

She didn’t get to finish her sentence as the cold wind cooed her to sleep. To experience her very first dream… 

Hello guys..do you think it's a fulfilling chapter ? Should i really continue ?