Final

A Rose's Toxicity

 

 

Baekhyun had mixed feelings about Autumn. Some days he'd love waking up and walking to the quaint little coffee shop just under his condo to get a coffee and sit sipping it at the park across the street, letting the cold seep in through his thick jacket. Other days, he despised the nip of the wind to the already freezing weather. It was on those days that he was thankful for owning a car.

Baekhyun was raised by two loving parents who had better than average jobs. His family was considered upper class and he didn't seem to mind. He was brought up to never be selfish, to work hard for everything he'll recieve, and to not take anything for granted.He smiled, thinking of his parents, wondering what they were doing currently. His father was probably sat at their kitchen table, sipping his black coffee and reading his daily newspaper while his mother busied herself behind him in the kitchen.

 

 

The short boy didn't like to mix himself up with the wrong crowd at school, or any crowd for that matter. He was reserved and preferred to keep to himself. It was easier that way. He never lost focus on his studies, leading himself to his last year of College a straight A student - aside from that darn science class his second year, his teacher and he was happy with the B he mad in the class.

He did have friends and they were just as reserved as he. Lay, Kyungsoo and Kris were the three he stumbled upon his first and second year. None of them wanted distractions, like himself, thus the reason they all got along well.

It was well into his final year that Baekhyun met the person whom changed everything. He hated himself for losing focus on his studies for one person. But the fact that startled him most wasn't the fact that his 98% in History (his best subject) became a 92% in a matter of weeks.

This person was a boy.

But it wasn't just any boy, it was Kim Jongin. The first year that danced his way into everyone's hearts. Baekhyun doesn't know how or why he ended up in the school's auditiorium; he was just there, watching a beautiful boy dance beautifully to a beatiful song. All he could think was just that, beautiful.

The petite boy strangely found himself walking towards the auditorium the next night and the next and so on and so forth.

"I know you're watching me." the latter spoke out about two months into Baekhyun's intrusions.

"O-oh... I was just... um" Jongin smirked and hopped down from the stage, making his way to Baekhyun.

"It's alright. I was glad someone enjoyed my practices other than myself. I'm Kim Jongin by the way." And Baekhyun returned the introduction, encasing his own petite, feminine hand into the other's outstreched and sweaty one.

Months went by and Baekhyun found himself enjoying the coffee they'd get after Jongin's practice a little too much. Not a moment passed that he wasn't observing the younger's ever move. He moved with such grace; probably from dancing for such a long time, Baekhyun concluded.

But, Baekhyun knew the other would never return his feelings. He found new insecurities as time passed and meetings with the gorgeous man increased. When he looked into the mirror he saw that his eyes held to much of a slant, how his nose wasn't porportional to the rest of his face, and his upper lip was too thin in comparison to his bottomg one. When he looked down at himself in the shower he saw the pudge at the bottom of his stomach. He despised himself.

But Jongin surprised him one night. Baekhyun had drove them to his condo, Jongin's roommate was annoyingly pounding into another girl when he had walked in. When Baekhyun unlocked his door he let the other in before himself and not a few seconds after he laid his keys on the entry table he was back against the door he had just walked through with unfamiliar lips attatched to his own.

"What was that for?" He asked after the other pulled away, but he got no answer. He was pulled to his bedroom and after what had felt like hours of tounges battling and hands going into new places, Jongin made love to Baekhyun. He made sure to aknowledge the now pink scars forming by kidding them as he took them into a euphoria that one can't explain.

"I love you hyung. Please stop hurting yourself. You're irrevocably beautiful" he had whispered to Baekhyun as they lay cuddling. And after weeks upon weeks of being told this, Baekhyun had finally believed it.

Graduation came sooner than expected and it was time for the young boy who had nudged his way into Baekhyun's life to meet his parents. They were ecstatic Baekhyun finally was focusing on things other than his studies. They loved Jongin and approved as they cry into their baby's shoulder. He was no longer a boy, a man. It was on graduation that Jongin got Baekhyun roses. And after that, everytime they'd meet Jongin had a single one for the latter. A little while later, Baekhyun accepted the fact that he was Jongin's rose.

But as Baekhyun got a job at one of Seoul's biggest law firms, his time (and patience) had lessened for the college kid who was still in the party stage. And it was at that firm that Baekhyun had met Chanyeol. He never wanted to cheat on Jongin but Chanyeol was mature, he didn't get upset at little things, a breath of fresh air.

It was almost a year later that Baekhyun found himself asking Jongin "Every rose has it's thorn right?" The question sparked a knowing curiousity in the college student's mind.

"You're cheating on me." It wasn't a question and they both knew the answer. But, Jongin's reply  was what pained the older the most. "Not every rose has a thorns. Only the ones who want to cause pain do." And with that Jongin walked out of Baekhyun's life, never looking back.

 

 

A/N

Okay so this was started as fluff but obvs it didn't turn out like that and im soRRY IT WAS JUST THERE AND THEN I THOUGHT OF EVERY ROSE HAS IT'S THORN AND BOOM IDK I CRY.

anywhoo thanks for reading!!