three; her

The Pain of December
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EPITONE PROJECT "새벽녘"

three; her

"How are you feeling?", Jongin asked me as he payed for the coffee and gave it to me. I didn't really know what to say, so I just sighed. "And I'm sorry, I didn't know you still felt that way", he apologized in a silent voice. "Stop saying that", I told him and sipped the coffee, breaking free from the haunting images inside my head.

"I'm the one who's still stuck in the past, Jongin, you should yell at me to get a hold of myself", I added, somewhat frustrated. I fully knew it would be better if I accepted the fact that she was gone, not because of me, because it was meant to be like that.

"Well, it has been what? Four years? Since we saw each other. Yelling would be rude", he told and I sighed. "Time flies past, doesn't it?", he added, but I didn't answer. I had been stuck in the start of that winter for quite a while now, time went slow for me.

"So, you still in art school?", I asked him, focusing in the present. He nodded, and I sipped my coffee again. He had apparently ditched his group of friends, as the loud males were gone. "What about you, what do you do nowadays?", he asked. "I'm becoming a psychologist, if it even happens", I let out and he didn't even need to ask why. "That's great", he whispered and the cold air seemed to disappear alongside the gulps of coffee.

"I heard you drew unnie?", I questioned him ignoring the fact that I had just called her unnie again. It took a while, before Jongin nodded. "Yeah, Haerin."

As I checked my phone for the time, I cursed. "The food!", I let out in a loud voice. "I swear to God, if Taehyun didn't even vacuum while I was away, I'll cut his manhood", I blabbered on without really thinking. I then turned to Jongin, not really caring of his amused smile.

"Sorry, I have to go", I told and he nodded. "Here's your groceries", he said as he gave the bags to me, as he had taken them from me after I had paid for them. "Oh!", he let out and snapped his fingers. "Give me your number!", he then suggested, and I smiled, before looking at my full hands.

"Uh, get my phone from my hoodie's pocket. It's not locked so you can just type your number in. I'll make sure to call you when I have time", I told him and awkwardly, he slipped his hand inside my hoodie's pocket and grabbed the item. I watched him tap the numbers in, before he returned it back where it originally was.

"Well, see you soon", he said and saluted. I scoffed at the action before saying 'bye' and turning around to rush back home.

And so I jogged forward, occasionally correcting my grip of the bags or slowing down on a walk pace to catch my breath. I didn't pay attention to the outside world much as I wondered how I had the time to do all the cleaning tomorrow. School was exhausting enough, and part-time jobs on top of that, the house chores were the last thing I wanted to do after them.

I wanted to kick my younger brother off the couch sometimes and get him to do something useful, but for some reason I thought it was better than him feeling annoyed at home. I knew what bad parenting could do ina worst case scenario so very well, that I wanted to protect him. Because I was practically his parent now.

I kicked the door open after I had unlocked it and as I stepped inside, I kicked it closed after removing the keys from the lock. I then brought the groceries to the kitchen calling for Taehyun once again. "Taehyun, really, some help please!", I called for him and soon a sleepy looking teenager entered the kitchen scoffing at me.

"I heard the first time", he told and joined in unpacking the groceries. I glanced at him and let out a chuckle. "Did you vacuum like I asked you to?", I asked him and he nodded. "I did", he added and I smiled.

"Thank you", I thanked him and he looked at me weirdly. "Are you really moved by that?", he asked and I looked at him weirdly back.

"No, I was thanking the God for making you do something for once", I told and put the milk away to the fridge. "Haha, noona, you're hilarious", he faked and I chuckled.

"Shut up brat", I let out while making a face at him. He let out a laugh, and then it was silent.

"Are you okay, noona?", he asked suddenly and I faced him. "Huh?", I asked and he glanced at me before grabbing the ice cream tube and smiling. "Ice cream?! Noona you are the best!", he let out and forgot about helping me unpack the things as he grabbed a bowl and a spo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter