First Contact

The Twisted Truth

In the shopping mall, Key and Heechul were skipping around like little girls and looking for new clothes.

Key tried on a black shirt that was slightly ripped at the sleeves with silver words on the front that read: I'm a diva, so quit looking at me!

Heechul bought a pair of ripped denim jeans, a stylish black belt with a jewel-studded buckle in the shape of a star and a golden-colored shirt.

The others were more interested in video games and movies in another corner.

Ji Young just yawned as she watched her oppas, because shopping was BORING. She hated it when her oppas dragged her to a boring shopping mall where there are just clothes, clothes and more clothes.

Suddenly, a thief sped past Ji Young and snatched her handbag. Ji Young screamed for help as she tried to keep her grip on her handbag. The thief tugged roughly at her bag and it finally came out of Ji Young's grasp.

Her oppas heard her screams and saw her wrestling with the thief and rushed to help their sister. But when the thief ran away, Ji Young raced after him and her oppas just had to follow.

*****

After 15 minutes of chasing, Ji Young felt like she couldn't go on any longer. Her legs felt shaky, she was sweating and she desperately needed to rest.

Just when she thought the thief would get away, two boys knocked down the thief and subdued him. The police who were standing nearby came and took the thief away. Just then, Ji Young ran up in time to see the thief being lead away.

" Kam--kamsa--kamsahamnida. That's my bag he stole. ", Ji Young panted as she thanked her saviours breathlessly.

" It's okay. ", one of the boys said as another handed her a bottle of water.

Ji Young drank the water, looked up at the two boys who helped her and felt like blushing.

The first boy had impressive abs that complemented his handsome face and tanned complexion. The other boy had a sweet face, pretty good abs as well and a fair complexion.

" Kamsahamnida for helping me. ", she thanked them again.

" It's okay. I'm Choi Siwon and this is my brother, Choi Minho. ", said the boy with the tanned complexion.

" Pleased to meet you. I'm Kim Ji Young. ", she smiled.

Minho handed Ji Young's handbag back to her and smiled. Ji Young took it and bowed 90 degrees to thank them yet again.

" Ji Young-ah! "

Ji Young spun around and saw her Heechul oppa panting to catch up with her.

" Heechul oppa! "

" Yah! That was--not good--for my--legs! I might get--blisters! ", he panted as he leaned on his sister's shoulder.

" Yah, you're more concerned about your legs or me, your little sister? ", she pouted.

" You, of course! But--my legs need to rest--as well! "

Just then, the others caught up as well and paused to catch their breath.

" Oppas, this is Choi Siwon and Choi Minho. They helped to catch the thief. ", Ji Young introduced the two boys.

But Heechul and the others looked angry when they saw the two boys. Siwon and Minho looked angry at her oppas as well. Ji Young got scared and confused. Why were they acting like this?

" O--oppa? Heechul oppa? ", Ji Young stuttered as she tugged at her brother's sleeve.

" Hmm? What? "

" Why--why do you guys look so mad with each other? "

" It's nothing. Kamsahamnida for helping our sister. ", he told the boys coldly.

" It's nothing. ", the two brothers replied back in the same, cold, hard tone of voice.

" Let's go home, guys. ", Heechul said to the guys in the same, cold voice.

" Ye. ", they answered in unison and followed Heechul.

As Ji Young was led away by her oppas, she turned to glance at Siwon and Minho for one last time. They met her glance and waved goodbye with a slight smile on their faces.

" Why doesn't my oppas like Minho and Siwon? what have they got against them? ", Ji Young thought as they walked to the car.

" Ji Young-ah. ", Jonghyun called her gently.

" Ye, Jonghyun oppa? "

" Is something wrong? "

" Aniyo, oppa. I guess I'm just tired after chasing the thief. "

" Okay. When we get home, go and rest, okay? "

" Ye, oppa. "

*****

Back at the house, Ji Young went upstairs to shower and change. She went downstairs and found all of her oppas sleeping in their rooms, except for Yesung who was reading a book downstairs.

" Yesung oppa? "

" Ye, Ji Young? "

" What is it that you guys don't like about Siwon and Minho? "

Yesung froze at that question and stared at his book blankly for a while. Ji Young tensed. Did she say something wrong?

" It's for a personal, private reason. You shouldn't ask, okay? "

" Ye, Yesung oppa. "

" Now, go and take a nap. "

" What about you? "

" I'll be fine, don't worry about me. ", Yesung smiled as he kissed her cheek.

Ji Young gave her brother a peck on the cheek and went to her room to rest. She lay down on her bed and listened to her favourite music on her IPod.

" What has my oppas got against Minho and Siwon? Why did they look so mad with them? does my oppas know who they are? Why did they frown at them and not thank them nicely? So many questions... ", Ji Young thought before she fell asleep.