the song

We fell in love in little words and steps

 

Miu’s POV

My head is in a rush when he breaks away from me and interlocks his fingers with mine. I follow after him as he pulls me out of the hall, creating a solid cooridoor in crowds that stare at us. I smile to myself at the new side of him I never saw, and laughed at the reactions and looks he gave me. We finally got out into the gardens of the school when Gikwang holds my hand tighter staring at me. ‘Where are we going?’ I asked suspiciously, as he starts to dance and sway my body through the long fields of grass. ‘Somewhere’ he says close up to my face as he instantly runs with me. ‘Hop on’ He says swiftly picking up his bike. I did as he told me, and held him close my the back.

The wind hit my face in a lovely breeze, it felt so nice as I rested my head on his back, locking my arms on his waist, I could almost feel him smiling. It felt like seconds, when it could have been minutes, or longer. He pulls up the bike and offers his hand to help me down. With a tiny giggle and a tint of pink on my cheeks I bowed jokingly and gladly took his hand. ‘Why are we here?’ I asked looking around. It was Gikwang’s house a few metres away, and just his studio next door. ‘I want to show you something’ he says with relaxed eyes and a cool smile. Those perfectly arranged pearly white teeth almost blinded my eyes with his flawless skin and appearance, it was the shallow part of me that loved him so much in that way, it was the other part of me that adored him in every way. Lee Gikwang, the nerd I met a few months ago.

He offers me his free hand, as he places them behind in back with me trailing behind him. We entered the studio slowly as I feel him set me down on a chair in this dark room. I smiled widely loving the mystery when the lights flick on and he’s metres way from me in the middle of the studio. He stands with his chin up high in a wifebeater, he stares at me willingly with an eyesmile as a beautiful melody starts. It’s a small beat followed my a piano, and it’ just when Gikwang approaches me slowly that I get surprised.

He opens mouth, and for the first time I hear him sing. His voice was calm, slow, and beautiful. I wanted it to sing me to sleep as he continues with smooth words, and I start to wonder…did he write this himself?

‘The thumping feeling, my heart quivering, I look at you blankly like this again’

He sings. ‘Standing behind you I keep hesitating
Should I just hug you like this or not? Should I kiss you or not?’  he says with a small smile and grin on his lips as he slowly walks closer to me. I giggle and look down shyly

‘This time I will make sure you will come into my warm embrace, Park Miu I will make you mine’

My heart stops when he says my name and I realise that he did write this himself, for me. ‘So Should I hug you? Should I kiss you?’ The song shortly ends and Gikwang is closer to me than ever. He kneels down as I sit on the chair quietly, and with one hand he lifts his arm and the lights flick off. ‘should I…?’ he says in a deep, whisperous voice. I nod slowly as he gets the message. I close my eyes and feel his cool breathe on my lips, slowly I sense Gikwang’s hand cup the side of my face and I can almost see his head tilting to fit me, he leans In a tiny bit closer when I feel a soft pair of thick, luscious lips on mine. It tasted to sweet and I never wanted them off of me. My hand cuddles at the back of  his neck, pulling him closer when unexpectedly…the lights flick on.

Gikwang flinches and our heads immediately turn to the door…where my father with a furious expression stands. ‘WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!’ he shouts loudly through the echoing studio. Gikwang turns to me with wide eyes and a confused expression. ‘D-dad’ I say slowly, having forgotten about last night…I never came home, and we were leaving…tomorrow.

‘WE ARE LEAVING TO BUSAN TOMORROW, ALL OF US’ My father walks up to me and grabs my wrist violently. ‘NO! I don’t w-want to’ I say with tears slowly forming in my eyes. Gikwang’s eyes widen in surprise as he gets in the middle of my father and I. He doesn’t know what to say and he breathes in loudly. ‘Leave her’ he says quietly. I wipe my face while my father brutally drops me to the floor. ‘That’s my DAUGHTER YOU STUPID ID-‘

‘DON’T TALK TO HIM LIKE THAT’ I shouted getting up, but without having thought of a consequence, my father’s hand slips right across my face, and strongly slaps me. I wince in pain and grab my face, while I hear Gikwang start to yell, I sense that there is a huge fight coming on, but I can’t hear anything, I can’t see anything. I was so happy just a few seconds ago, but my life is ruined again. I have to leave tomorrow. ‘Miu…Miu listen to me…Miu’ I hear his voice as I also hear and feel the pound of his chest close to me, he’s holding me tightly. ‘Miu…it’s okay’ he whispers as I feel him run his hands through my hair and kiss my cheek softly, before stronger hands push Gikwang onto the wall and grab me by my wrists. ‘N-NO!’ I shout over the loud sound of Gikwang trying to catch me back.

‘YOU’RE NEVER SEEING HIM AGAIN, UNDERSTOOD?’ My father yells into my ears, but I have no energy to do anything. ‘G-Gikwang’ I say in my most strength, but the sound of my voice is weak. ‘Gikwang…’ I repeat as In dizzy eyes, I watch him run to me, but it’s useless… ‘MIU!’ He yells desperately trying to stop us. ‘Miu!’ He says slower when his hand reaches out, and for a second, it almost touches mine…’Miu…’ he says lastly before in the dark, he’s soon out of my sight. Will I ever see him again.