Simple

The Story of Us

The first time we met wasn’t sunny, the air wasn’t filled with chirping birds, and the sky definitely wasn’t blue. Instead you were scrambling for shelter from the torrential rain. The umbrella you held in your hands did little to shield your body from the freezing downpour, but you kept it anyway for the tiny comfort it provided you.

 

I remember that on that day, the café I worked in was almost empty because no one wanted to be caught in the storm. I remember looking up from the textbook I was studying when you entered, soaked to the bone, chattering teeth clashing together. You hair was matted to your head and your cheeks and nose flushed a reddish color. You folded up your umbrella and peeled your drenched coat off your body.

 

 I remember not knowing how I ended up in front of you with a towel and my spare clothes that I always kept in the back room. But when you smiled at me in gratitude, I was too mesmerized to care.

 

The second time we met I was cleaning tables in the far corner of the café. You entered carrying a messenger bag around you shoulder and a black bag in your hands. Unlike the last time I had seen you, this time around you were dry and your hair was neatly styled.

 

You made your way towards the cash register where Jongin was stationed. He greeted you and you smiled at him, eyes curving into little crescents and white teeth blinding.

 

The cleaning I should have been doing had long been abandoned, in favor of looking at you. You and Jongin continued to speak and for some odd reason I felt mildly upset, but I couldn’t fathom why. This had happened before, Jongin had spoken to many customers for longer than necessary and I had never gotten upset. So why now? Why you? I was brought out of my thoughts by Jongin calling my name and by his expression; he had been doing it for quite some time.

 

I made my way to the cash register, the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach not quite gone but seeming to lessen the closer I came to you. It completely disappeared when you looked up and smiled at me, bowing, and introducing yourself as Kim Joonmyun or Suho, as you preferred to be called.

 

I couldn’t help but return the smile, my eyes unwilling to give up the contact it held with yours.

 

A/N: This really isn’t much, but I found it in my old Spanish notebook and I liked its simplicity I guess. But I hope u enjoy it anyway.

Comment plz?