the ticking clock. o2.

the ticking clock.
Please log in to read the full chapter
  Chapter 2:   None of her friends knew that she was dating Woohyun.

It was one of those days when Woohyun felt well enough for them to go outside. They had decided to watch a movie at the mall nearby.

“That movie was great. I’m really going to miss watching movies.”

Hyuna just smiled. “It was great, wasn’t it? Ha Seokjin is the hottest male actor ever.” She gushed. "I don't think any other man could be as good-looking as him!"

“Did you just say that right in front of me?” Woohyun poked her sides, making Hyuna flinch, laughing.

“Hyuna!” A familiar voice shouted from a distance. It was Gayoon and Jihyun.

“Oh, hey girls.” Hyuna gulped. Will they notice Woohyun? She immediately thought.

“Who is this?” Jihyun asked, looking up at Woohyun. Of course they would, who was I kidding? She thought, mentally giving herself a slap.

“This is…” Hyuna pondered on what she should say. It was going to be a long story if she were to tell them she’s dating him now. What should I do?

She must have been spacing out for too long since Woohyun had answered for her instead. “I’m Woohyun… I'm just a friend.”

Hyuna felt her shoulders drop when he said that, she was upset but why? She felt even worse when she noticed the drop in atmosphere for the rest of the date. Woohyun didn’t seem that happy to be with her anymore and she knew the reason why. 

After Woohyun dropped her at her home, he left. He didn't stay for dinner with her family like he usually would.

She paced around her room, sorting out her thoughts.

What should I do now?

Is he angry?

Why do I feel so terrible? He said it! Not me!

Knowing that walking around her own room wasn’t going to help, she gathered her bag and left for Jihyun’s home




“So… that guy was your boyfriend?” Jihyun asked, clarifying what she just heard.

Gayoon sat beside Hyuna, watching her with a smile. “He’s cute."   "Doesn't he look awfully familiar?"    "He's Woohyun, the senior from the sports department." Hyuna explains. "We met through our mothers and it really happened very quickly. I guess both he and I were surprised just now.”   "Do you think he's angry at me?" Hyuna asked them. "He seemed pretty upset at me even though he acted like everything was as usual."

"I would be mad if I was him." Jihyun told her. "You blanked out on us completely."

"There was a lot going through my head at that moment." She confessed. "I really do like him a lot but then there's this..." She stopped.

"Hyuna-ya." Gayoon frowned. "Is there something you're not telling us?"

Jihyun could tell something was amiss from the way Hyuna bit her lip. "What is it?"

"Woohyun..." She took a deep breath, unsure of how she was going to tell her best friends. She wasn't sure if she should tell them yet she really needed their advice sp badly. "I can trust you girls to keep a secret for me right?"

"Of course!" The two said at the same time.

"We'll be sworn to secrecy." Gayoon continued.

"Woohyun's going to leave me in less than 2 months."

"Why?" Jihyun asked. "If he going overseas?"

Hyuna stared at her fingers, playing with them, "No... He's not going overseas. He's..."

You could see how the two girls were completely confused.

"He has Leukemia. He's going to... leave this... world." Hyuna didn't know why but she was having a hard time mentioning his death. The news of his situation wasn't this upsetting before when she first heard from her mother but now, she feels like her heart was getting stomped on. 

"Oh dear!" Jihyun exclaimed. "You're serious?"

Hyuna just nodded and continued with the rest of the story. From the conversation she had with her mother till the past few days she had spent at the hospital with him.

"You really do like him, don't you?" Gayoon asked.

Hyuna nodded. Her lower lip quivering. "I don't know what to do or what to feel. This relationship is not going to end up well yet I don't want it to end now."

"Hyuna-ya..." Jihyun moved seats, ending up beside Hyuna. "You're going to regret it even more if you don't make his remaining days worthwhile. Even if it'll hurt a lot, leaving him now will probably hurt both of you even more."

"You're already in way too deep." Gayoon agreed.

"How am I going to ask for his forgiveness?" Hyuna groaned.

"That's easy!" Gayoon exclaimed. "Just say sorry and if he doesn't accept it, pull out a woman's ultimate weapon." The mischievous girl wriggled her eyebrows.

"Yah!" Hyuna shouted, her cheeks red. "Heo Gayoon!"




"I'm so sorry, Woohyun." Hyuna apologized. "I was really unprepared for it and I swear, I won't ever do it again." The girl had immediately found Woohyun at his home after leaving Jihyun's place. She didn't want to wait any longer. Just like Woohyun always tell her, they didn't have time.

Woohyun just raised a brow, he didn't look like he bought it.

"I mean it." Hyuna added. "I'm going to tell everyone I know that I'm dating the awesome Nam Woohyun now. So will you please talk to me again?"

He remained quiet, fingers drumming against the kitchen counter where the two of them sat.

"I'll do anything you ask me to."

"Anything?" Hyuna heaved a sigh of relief when she finally hears his voice. His beautiful voice.

"Anything." She confirmed, nodding eagerly.



"Hyuna-ya!" Woohyun shouted all the way from his room. "I want tomatoes with that sandwich!"

"Alright!" She shouted back, her voice dripping with aegyo like how he had requested so. She was in the kitchen preparing a mega sandwich for him while he was in his room shooting down zombies.

After cutting the crusts off, Hyuna quickly served it to the 'level-267-zombie-slayer'.

"That's perfect, thank you." He grinned, pausing his game to devour the sandwich.

"Will you turn on the air-conditioner for me too?"

"Sure thing." She quickly scanned the room for the remote and turned the machine on.

"Hey Hyuna-ya, sit down beside me." Woohyun told her, pointing at the rolling chair beside him.

Just when Hyuna thought that he was going to let her rest... "All you have to do now is watch me play and compliment me every chance you get to."

"I have to what?" She exclaimed.

"You said you'll do anything."

"Alright, alright." She sighed, turning to the computer screen. By then, the sandwich was already long gone down his stomach and he had resumed saving the world from a zombie invasion.

"Aren't you a little too quiet?" He asked, he sounded incredibly evil. 

"Oh wow!" Hyuna squealed with fake enthusiasm. "Look at those muscles you have!"

Woohyun laughed. "Good girl."

"Wow. Look at you kill all those ugly creatures."

"That was one mean strike you got there."

"That was amazing!"

"Woohyunie, why are you so good at this?"

"The world is going to be zombie free thanks to you."

"You're great at this game, Woohyun oppa..."

Woohyun stopped clicking on this mousepad and turned to her instead. "What did you just call me?"

Hyuna smirked, finally finding out his weakness. Asa! I'm finally going to get out of this! "I called you Woohyun oppa. Why?"

"Call me that again." He said with a wide smile.

Let's give this the extra boost, she grinned. "Woohyunie oppa!" She giggled.

He was elated, grinning from ear to ear but his smile faded slowly before he turned to his screen again. His fingers getting back to work. "Alright, that's enough for now. Go get me some water."

Hyuna just stared at him, incredulous. "What?"

"I want water, with ice and a red straw."

"Nam Woohyun! You!" She shouted as she stormed out of the room. "I'm going to strangle you while you'
Please log in to read the full chapter