CHAPTER 1: How they met

Absolute Love

 

NORMAL POV

 

“Appa! Appa! I like the toy car over there. Please buy it for me. Puhleeease?” Little Kyuhyun begged.

 

“Neh! But can you go there first? We’ll just find some gifts for Yuri. Is that okay son?” Mr. Cho asked.

 

“Yes Appa! Komawoyo!” Little Kyu answered then went on his way

 

LITTLE KYUHYUN’s POV

 

I was walking around in the store while waiting for my mom and dad, when I saw a cashier hand this little girl some money back. The girl couldn’t have been more than 8 or 9 years old just like me. The cashier said,

 

 “I’m sorry, but you don’t have enough money to buy this doll.”

 

Then the little girl turned to the old woman next to her.

 

 “Granny, are you sure I don’t have enough money?”

 

The old lady replied, “You know that you don’t have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.”

 

Then she asked her to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look around. She left quickly. The little girl was still holding the doll in her hand. Finally, I walked towards her and I asked her who she wished to give this doll to.

 

“It’s the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas. She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.”

 

 I replied to her that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after all, and not to worry. Bu she replied to me sadly.

 

“No, Santa Claus can’t bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there.”

 

 Her eyes were so sad while saying this.

 

“My sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.”

 

My heart nearly stopped. The little girl looked up at me and said,

 

“I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall.”

 

Then she showed me a very nice photo of her where she was laughing.

 

She then told me, “I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won’t forget me. I love my mommy and I wish she doesn’t have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister.”

 

Then she looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly. I quickly reached for my pocket and said to the girl.

 

“Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll?”

 

“OK,” she said

 

“I hope I do have enough.”

 

I added some of my money to her without her seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll and even some spare money.

 

 The little girl said, “Thank you God for giving me enough money!”

 

Then she looked at me and added,

 

 “I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that mommy could give it to my sister. He heard me! I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn’t dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose. My mommy loves white roses.”

 

A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left. Mom and dad already found a gift for Yuri and we finished our shopping.

 

After some days, I couldn’t get the little girl out of my mind. Then I remembered the story my mom told me two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl. The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma.

 

“Was this the family of the little girl?” I asked to myself.

 

Two days after this encounter with the little girl, I found out when my mom told me that the young woman had passed away. I couldn’t stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and mom, dad and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial. She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little girl and the doll placed over her chest. I approached the little girl and hand my bunch of white roses to her.

 

“Excuse me, I’m Cho Kyuhyun, the kiddo you met last week. Condolence. Here, I have brought some white flowers for your mother.” I said.

 

“Oh! Annyeong hasseyo Kyuhyun-ssi! My name is Im Yoona. Thank you very much for your concern.” Yoona answered.

 

And that’s how our conversation ended. Me and my family were just sitting there for hours and I saw that her dad was really hurt. He was crying all night while Yoona encouraged her to stop crying already but it seems that her dad didn’t heard her at all. Before we left, I ran towards Yoona and gave a necklace with a key on it. That necklace was given to me by my grandmother before she died. She told me that it was given by my grandpa to her, she told me to give it to the one that deserves it while I have its half having a padlock pendant on it. (Just like a couple’s necklace) I don’t know but something pushed me to give it to her. I know that we might cross different roads in the future but at least I am able to help someone and I feel relieved.

 

 I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed forever. The love that the little girl had for her mother and her sister is still hard to imagine also the strength she’s showing just to help her dad recover from that tragic event. I found out that in a fraction of second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from her leaving her only with her dad…

 

 

LITTLE YOONA’s POV

 

I can’t believe that this happened to my mother and to my sister. Now, all I can see is pain from my father’s eye. I know that God gave this to us with a reason and I know that I can surpass this problem with my dad. I hope that dad would recover very soon so we can try our best to start a new life living only with the two us.

 

That time, I closed my eyes for a bit and said a little prayer.

 

“Jesus, please tell mom and my dongsaeng to take care of me and my dad, always so we can continue living a happy life. And also please tell dad to stop crying because the more I see him cry, the more I became weaker. I hope we can continue having a good life. Please always make us stay healthy and fine especially my father so that he can take care of me and as a change, I promise to take care of him when I grow really big already. Thank you God for this day. Amen.”

 

Tomorrow is the last time I will see my mom and my sister so I planned to cherish looking at their faces so I will not be able to forget their pretty looks. I hope dad is thinking the same way as mine. I closed my eyes leaning on my dad’s shoulders, I felt I was in peace and without knowing, I already fall asleep. 

 

 



 

done posting the first chapter. I hope everyone like it! Please subscribe and throw some comments. By the way, this is not about drama. Only the first chapter and maybe the next one, not yet sure. This is really a romantic comedy one. About the main image, I'm sorry, I wasn't able to find some picture of little Kyuhyun for real so I just searched for some gorgeous kids like him. I hope everyone liked it. Kamsahamnida!