07

Between sneakers and heels

 

"You're kidding me.... right?" Baekhyun couldn't even let himself blink. A pair of keys dangling over Mr Byun's fingers.

"Isn't it convenient for everyone now? As you wanted to?" Mr Byun tossed the key and Baekhyun's nerve automatically caught the key. The golden key looks normal to him but who knew the exact meaning of the key.

"Father," He tried to speak but Mr Byun closed his eyes, bringing his index finger as a signal to silence his son. "I don't accept any refusal from you," He opened his eyes with an intense stare "And be good to your future wife."

 

 

Sehun clamped his mouth excitedly "Oh my god oh my god this is so not April fool, isn't it hyung?!"

Suho tried to calm the maknae but couldn't hide the excitement in his eyes as well. In fact, all six of them were smiling ear to ear. The sound of their voices mingled with Baekhyun's inner feelings. "But won't you guys mind? I mean she'll be living under the same roof as us.."

Kai shrugged his shoulder "Anything for our comfort."

Silently, he sighed and smiled at the same time. Yes, anything. Anything for his beloved brothers.

 

"But Baek," Chanyeol's voice boomed amongst the five lads "Will you be okay, living with your fiancé?"

Baekhyun didn't know why he cringed at the thought of Hana. He scratched his head without any intention of answering his bestfriend's question. "You guys have a lot of stuff right? Manager is giving us time to rest today so we can pack up. So! Let's-"

He nearly fell from his spot when they rushed past him, hollering incoherent words in joy. ".... pack.... okay..."

 

 

Bringing out the sound of bone cracking, Hana altered her stance, resting all her weight on one leg as she slung the guitar strap around her long neck. She inhaled the stuffy air for a good ten seconds, she kept her eyes close and immediately let her slender fingers strummed the string of her guitar.

It started off with soft vibe but in a split second it turned out to be strong and loud. To others, it might causes headache but for Park Hana, it’s her own pleasure to make her mind relaxed and in ease.

Sweat. She's all drenched with sweat.

The ground room sounded nothing more than a hard pant of a lonely girl which can be detected by the down curve of her lips. Funny how none of the Park's find her missing all the time when all she did was hid in the ground room. Her own secret releasing stress room.

 

Hana made her way as usual to her room as she tip-toed herself all the way upstairs. Her eyes instinctively caught the shiny golden key on the table beside her bed. Mansion huh.

As she closed her eyes when she threw herself on the bed, the image of the judgmental Baekhyun came up in her mind. Hana opened her eyes as fast as she can whilst trying to remove him from her mind. She made a face. All Hana knew was that she wanted to avoid the lad whether she like it or not.

 

 

"Are you okay? I mean we could go there with you if you want us to." Zico felt a guilt rush over himself. L and Zico had to go back to their college life on the same day as Hana moving out of the house. Of course they wanted their beloved sister to be safe in their eyes. As for Zelo, he had extra basketball training from the early morning. Heck, she didn't even see her giant twin for the whole day.

L huffed in annoyance "Why would mom and dad attend a meeting today anyway."

Hana laughed and spun her cap backwards "Come on, I'm not going anywhere far. I'm used to taking care of myself in the state, remember?"

She couldn't blame her bestfriends either when they had to work on such a busy day. The chauffeur loaded Hana's luggage in the car as she hugged her brothers tightly. "Don't forget to visit me as soon as you can!"

When the car's door closed, she wasn't smiling anymore. Instead, she was biting her lips so hard. Her right hand went up to her left chest. Frowning, Hana asked herself quietly "Why would you thump," She clutched on even tighter "so.. hard.."