Dark: Goodbye, Hello

Snowflakes

Dark: 안녕

►We Were In Love


Seoul, South Korea, fall few months ago.

Kim Jongdae took his jacket and hung it on his left arm then re-checked once again whether he forgot something he needed to bring. He listed in his mind everything he needed―passport, cellphone, wallet, keys. Once he reassured that he had brought everything, he pulled his luggage roughly and his most valuable camera, getting out of that house.

 

Yeah, he tried to runaway from his painful dark memories with a girl that he thought he would like to spend the rest of his life with.

 

“Kim Jongdae! Where are you going?!”

 

That girl, clothed in her tosca-colored light sweater cried running to Jongdae before he stepped out through the door. Her face was bluffy and her eyes were swollen red, indicating how she had been crying for the past few hours.

 

Jongdae stopped his step for a moment when that girl called his name. He sighed. He had never been wanted to get away from everything like this moment. It was too much for him to handle.

 

Without turning his face to her, he ignored her call and kept dragging his suitcase.

 

“Kim Jongdae!!!” she cried, almost begged. She really hoped that the latter would turn his face to her and willing to discuss their problem. She didn’t want their relationship ended just like this. Wiping her tears away, she chased the guy and grabbed his right arm just to be shoved by the guy.

 

Lee Yuri’s eyes went big no matter how bloated they were. She grabbed her bracelet that was given by him.

 

“I look forward to spend another Christmas with you next year.”

 

The memory of how his eyes sparkled when those words slipped out of his tongue couldn’t be that easily erased, unlike an unwanted document on computer which could be deleted anytime the user wanted to. She fell on her knees, sobbed even harder right now. Her mistake in the past which she thought it would only be a small pebble they would step once or twice in their relationship turned to be this fatal.

 

“Get lost, noona.”

 

Those angelic eyes she used to gaze often, now turned darker and full of disappointment.

 

Those dazzling smile that could change her worst day into her best day, now slipped out some hateful words she never once thought would be said by the guy she loved the most.

 

The intertwined fingers and kisses they once shared were gone.

 

And it was a positive that she would never be able to hold those warm hands again.

 

I sent this letter to heaven, Kim Jongdae, for you being happy with or without me. I know one day, our memories we once shared will be kept on the time capsules and you will be laughing when you recalled them, not crying because you defined them as your most hurting memories. I love you, Kim Jongdae, and I will always do.

 

***

 

Narita airport, few hours later.

Jongdae walked to get his luggage after finished with immigration section. So many things lingered on his mind at that moment, but one most important matter was that, he finally made it here. The place where nobody recognized him. The place where no memories were ever made.

 

Japan.

 

It was such a dreamy place for him. He had always wanted to go there ever since he was crazy of those anime movies. Years passed, yet none changed from his other side like this. His addiction even got bigger since his profession was a photographer. His specialty was always street photographer. He would snap anything please his eyes. That’s why, for him to bring his camera along everywhere was a must. He felt like he might lose half his heart if his camera was left behind.

 

To go travelling to Japan itself for him was the first time. His Japanese language was always limited and that’s why he preferred to speak english—though his English also wasn’t the best. He always found it hard to remember some phrases which alphabet that was used, was different than his. Another reason was because he never had any spare time to go on vacation. He would always be busy with his job, that girl, and his little brother, Jongin.

 

Kim Jongin, that little brat.

 

He sniffed. He better erased those hurtful ones and reset his life here. He looked around while he was waiting for his luggage to come out. It was the usual busy morning there.

 

Right after he got his luggage back, he walked out to catch a cab. He planned to go hunting some good pictures at Narita Sakura no Yama after checked in his hotel. However, a good aroma of caffeine distracted his mind.

 

“To grab some coffee before may not be a bad idea. I need my caffeine though.”

 

He changed his direction to go find the source of this wonderful aroma of coffee. His eyes stopped at one café. Its decoration was simple with brown color dominating its wall and furniture. The aroma of coffee that he’d been searching for caught his nose. His lips formed a smile. Found it! Without even a second to waste, he went inside and picked a seat near to the window where he could take a glimpse of Narita airport’s uniqueness, he could view the aircrafts passing by the airport.

 

Sumimasen1,” a girl called him and jolt him up from his daydreaming.

 

Hai!2panicked, he answered anything that was first came out of his mind.

 

“I am sorry but you should make your order at the cashier there.” She smiled politely and pointed the cashier where he should make his order. After that waiter was pretty sure the guy understand what she was trying to say, she bowed once again before went back to clean up the table next to him. He looked at the girl and joined his brows. That waiter accent wasn’t Japanese accent he familiar with. Her jet black hair was tied in ponytail, —he assumed that it was this café’s regulation to keep the hygiene of their products, white skin and her Korean style 90 degrees bowed—for him, she looked like a typical Korean. Sweep away his mind, he stood up and walked to the cashier to order a cup of coffee. He studied the menu to decide what he should order.

 

“One caramel macchiato, please. Make it venti size.” he decided.

 

“One venti caramel macchiato, would you like some whipped cream?” the cashier asked.

 

He smiled. “A lot, please.”

 


1sumimasen = 'Excuse me'

2Hai = 'Yes!'

 

From author:

hello guys! Missing me? Nuh? Kay fine. :( So sorry i just get time to update now. College life is indeed full of business -.- This chapter's main idea focuses on how Jongdae tried to run away from his dark memories back there in Seoul. So ta-da! he flew away to Japan. And who can guess anw what would happen there?

Oh, once more. WHO'S FREAKING EXCITED FOR EXO'S CHRISTMAS COMEBACK AND THEIR SHOWTIMEEE?!!! ASDFGHJKL I CANT HOLD MYSELF WHILE I WAS LOOKING THOSE 12 DORKS STOOD UP AND POSED LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE HAHAHAHAAH. Okay, back to the cool me. Anw, comments do appreciated, subscribers are welcomed and I apologize if there are grammars errors here and there as english is not my first language hehe. Cheers!! —EXOshineeing