The Flight

Sherlock

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

「”Hyung? Is that you?”」

“What do you want?”

「”I still love you hyung…”」

“You’re lying, you’re cheating on me with her!”

「”No… I really love you… and I need your help. I’m on your flight today anyway, let’s meeting later, to talk intimately.”

“Y-yes… okay…”

「”I love you, hyung.” 」

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

“Why… exactly we’re here again?” I asked for the umpteenth time. Woohyun sighed and answered me again. “We’re to go back to Seoul of course, what do you expect, it’s an airport.” He sighed again. “Gyu, just enjoy this, it’s an executive lounge anyway, reward from Siwon hyung.” Dongwoo said simply. Howon is nowhere to be found and I bet he’s eating somewehere, since this executive lounge has the all-you-can-eat restaurant. “But our flight is still two hours later! We could just have fun on Jeju or something! And why you all didn’t call me with hyung?” I pouted. “I’ll go with you if you want to have fun then.” Woohyun stood up and dragged me. “B-but this is not what I mean!” I shouted. “Have fun Hyun! And Gyu!” Dongwoo shouted. I groaned.

I walked through the shops with Woohyun, I haven’t had the time to actually shop in Jeju, since I was busy with Woohyun’s case. “Aren’t you going to buy something?” Woohyun’s face looked really bored. Geez, he shouldn’t drag me around if he’s going to be bored. “Why didn’t you buy me something instead?” I’m clearly annoyed with his act. “Okay then, princess.” He went into one of the shops there, and buys something. I can’t clearly see what is he buying because he’s inside and I’m waiting here being dumbfounded outside of the shop. He comes back with a small white plastic bag, inside, I can see a wrapped box, but I can’t guess what is that. “You can’t open this until we arrived in Seoul, okay?” he said, and handed me the plastic bag. “Why not?” I pouted. Why can’t I open a gift for myself? “Just because. Look, our flight is soon, let’s find Dongwoo and Howon.” Woohyun said. He walks first, leaving me behind. I was confused with his attitude. But I can hear our flight is called. Still, what’s wrong with that guy tonight?

-

 

-

Our plane is about to take off; all of the passengers have all on board. I’m sitting near the window, and Woohyun is on my left. That’s weird, he didn’t say a thing, and usually he would be the noisiest one. “Woohyun, are you okay?” I asked him. “Yes, I’m fine, aren’t my princess a little bit to worried today?” He chuckled. I could only pout. When suddenly, we hear a high-pitched scream. Woohyun hurriedly went to the scream, and so does Howon. I followed soon afterwards. What they see there is actually unexpected, in the bathroom stall; there is a body there. A corpse to be exact.

The corpse is estimated died an hour ago, when the plane is still being cleaned. Woohyun is now eyeing the corpse. “Howon, go call the steward and stewardess from the earlier flight, we may need to question them.” Woohyun ordered Howon. “What is the cause of his death?” I asked curiously. “He is stabbed on his neck by something, but I don’t think it’s caused by a knife, since I don’t recognize this wound as something a knife would do. The stab on his neck caused a wound to his artilleries, and he died because he lost a great amount of blood.” Woohyun explained. “How about the other passengers of the flight?” I asked. “I already told Dongwoo to inform the airport about this, the other passengers are transferred to another flight, except the four of us. We’ll be back to Seoul using another flight.” Woohyun explained. “But what if the killer is already gone somewhere?” I asked. “No worries, I’ve already do the counting, from the body heat of the corpse, he died an hour ago, and I think an hour ago the plane is already clear of passengers, so we could only suspect the steward, stewardess, and the pilots.” Woohyun said. “But who is he?” I wonder. Woohyun managed to fishes out something from the corpse’s pocket. “A wallet.” He stated. Woohyun opens the wallet, and saw the ID card there. “Kim Jong Dae, 21 years old, his address here is on Seoul.” Woohyun search the Corpse’s pocket once again, and he found a ticket, an airplane ticket. “He’s from Seoul. The ticket here says so.” Woohyun said. I know that this is going to be a long night.

“Woohyun, the steward and stewardess are here.” Howon said. He’s a police; he can go around and show his bagdes, so it’s easy for him to get those people here. “Good. So, ladies and gentleman, if you don’t know already, my name is Nam Woohyun. I’m a detective, and this friends here is my princess, I mean my assistant, Kim Sunggyu. That cop over there is called Lee Howon, and we have a few things to ask.” Woohyun stated. Again with the nickname, I groaned. There are seven people there, still with their uniform. “What do you need? It’s over our work time already! Don’t you know that we need rest to? I still have a flight to attend tomorrow!” There is a certain man who’s clearly angry because he is called here. “What’s your name, then?” Woohyun asked. “My name is Jung Yunho.” He stated. Woohyun is examining the steward and stewardess’ expression. “Why are you not wearing your nametag?” Woohyun asked. “I-I lost it after I stepped out of the plane.” This Jung Yunho’s face paled a bit. But he’s not the only one whose face is paled; there is another man whose face is paled too. But he’s not wearing any nametag. Woohyun noticed this, and so do I.

Howon is doing the interrogating, while Woohyun and I are looking for evidence. Dongwoo is taking pictures. “So Woohyun, do you suspect anyone?” I asked him. “Yes, I do.” He keeps observing the dead body. He took off the coat from the dead body. And when he took it off, something fell from the coat. It’s a bagde, a police badge. I gasped. “Woohyun… This man is a police?” I asked. Woohyun is now examining the badge. “I don’t know, but this doesn’t looked like Howon’s badge.” Woohyun then crouched on the bathroom’s floor, there’s a bag there. “I think that is his bag.” I said. “Princess, without you telling me, I’ve already known that it’s his bag. You’re so cute.” He chuckled. “W-what? I-I’m only trying to help you… I’m not cute!” I pouted. “So you’re admitting that you are my princess?” he smirked. “N-no! It’s not like that!” I can feel that my cheeks are burning. “Stop flirting you two, help me here.” Howon smirked and Woohyun smirked back. Then Woohyun throws the dead man’s badge to Howon. “Examine that, real or not? And how about the interrogation? “ Woohyun asked. “Dongwoo’s doing the interrogation, I’m not good in words.” Howon stated then examine the badge. Woohyun is back on rummaging the bag. I felt really left out. “Princess, rather than stay and being pretty there, do me some favor. Go talk to the steward there, the one with the pale face. Find out something.” Woohyun pointed out. “Yah! I’m not pretty! And Howon! Don’t laugh!” I shouted. I stomped out angrily while I still could hear Howon’s laughter.

I see that the steward that Woohyun pointed out is waiting to be interrogated by Dongwoo. I walked towards Dongwoo. “Dongwoo yah, you see the steward there? I’ll take over the interrogation for that one.” I said. “Oh, sure. Woohyun’s order?” Dongwoo asked. “Yes.” I rolled my eyes. “Good luck then, hyung.” Dongwoo said. I went to sit beside the steward. I see the one that named Jung Yunho is a bit startled when I sat beside him. “Hey? Can I talk to you?” I asked softly. “Y-yes…” The man answered. His voice is so soft, but shaking a bit. I examine his face and I found that he’s really pretty; he really looked like a girl. “My name is Sunggyu… I just want to talk to you… They all busy with themselves, you don’t mind right?” I smiled. He smiled too, but a little bit sad. “Yes, of course you can.” The man said. When I about to call his name, I remember that he didn’t wear any nametag. And his steward clothes is a bit loose on his thin frame, his sleeve is covering his hands. “I see that you didn’t wear any nametag, what is your name, then?” I asked him. His face paled a bit. “M-my name is Kim Jaejoong…” He answers, his voice shake more than before. “It’s okay, I won’t hurt you, and you can tell me anything that bugging you.” I smiled even wider. This Kim Jaejoong really look vulnerable, and I just want to hug him and tell everything is okay. “There is no police will come right?” He asked, his shaking voice still hasn’t gone. “What do you mean? Howon is a police.” I answered, a bit confused. “No… I mean real police…. This island’s police…” He said. “I don’t know, but Woohyun said that they will come soon, since they have better things to do, and there’s a police here already, airport’s.” I stated. His face turn paler than before. “I’m afraid of police…” He said. “ Don’t worry, I’ll make this is over before the island police come.” I give him a reassuring smile. “You should go home. Don’t worry about me, let the island police handle this… you’re a good person, you don’t deserve to die….” He said. I was confused. And suddenly he smiled. “Sunggyu, you’re a good person, so please—“ “Jaejoong. Come here.” Jung Yunho cut his words. “Sorry to disturb you two, but I will take Jaejoong with me, excuse me.” He dragged Jaejoong away, left me confused more than ever.

I went to Woohyun; I saw that Woohyun is now with the airport’s police. The airport’s police had provided a table, and Woohyun is placing some things on the table. Howon and Dongwoo are still struggling with interrogation, since some of them aren’t willing to be interrogated. I feel that my phone vibrated.

“Yeobosaeyo?”

「”Hyung! It’s me, Sungjong.”」

“What is it?”

「”Where are you? I thought that your flight is hours ago.”」

“Well things happened and somehow I ended up here with another case.”

「”What? But don’t you remember the reason that you’re taking a flight tonight?”」

Crap. I forgot about that. I groaned and Woohyun looked at me.

「”Hyung, I’m not taking any responsibility if she’s sulking when she arrives because you’re not here.”」

“When is her arrival time?”

「”Soon!”」

“God I’m really screwed. Make some excuses! Help me please, I don’t want to deal with her sulking!”

「”Neither do I hyung!”」

“Do something okay? I’m hanging up; I’ll buy your favorite chocolate later! Bye! I love you!”

I’m really really screwed. “Who is it?” Woohyun is already beside me, and I’m surprised. “It’s Sungjong.” I answered. “What are you two talking about?” Woohyun asked. I froze. He shouldn’t know about this matter. “N-nothing. He just asked me when I’m going to come home and that’s all.” I excused. “Really? So why chocolate have something to do with this?” He smirked. “None of you’re business, jerk.” I rolled my eyes. “Watch your mouth, princess. So how’s the talking between you and that guy?” he asked. “His name is Kim Jaejoong, and he have a weird relationship with that Jung Yunho, I think. He said that he’s afraid of island police, and he said that I’m a good person… And I didn’t deserve to die. He told me to go home too, and left this to the island’s police.” I frowned. I could se that Woohyun is thinking, deeply. “Woohyun, the badge is fake. It’s not real.” Howon said. “And I’ve examine that phone, the recent calls are from someone named Jung Yunho. But before that, he called an unknown number.” Dongwoo said. “Say, gyu, does Jaejoong wear any nametag?” Woohyun asked me. “No he didn’t, just like Yunho.” I answered. Howon and Dongwoo walked away and Woohyun nodded. I could see that Yunho is glaring in our direction, but Jaejoong looked really scared. Then I noticed something. Yunho’s sleeve…there’s a blood there, but only a small amount of it. And his sleeve is kind of shorter than the other’s  sleeve, it looks tighter too. Woohyun seems to notice this. I averted my gaze to the bathroom stall where the corpse is. Then I found something again, something shining. “Woohyun… What is that?” I asked Woohyun. I pointed above the mirror. “I don’t know.” Woohyun walked towards the shining thing above the mirror. He reached it, and he got something. It’s a nametag, there written ‘Jung Yunho’

I’m surprised. But Woohyun doesn’t seem that surprised. “This is our evidence.” He smirked. “I got a plan.” Woohyun’s plan always worked, but this time, I feel really uncomfortable. “Howon, tell the airport police to go away from this plane, and you stay outside. Dongwoo, call the island police to come here faster, but tell them to don’t turn on their sirens.” “Yes sir!” Dongwoo said, and Howon didn’t say a thing, he went right to the airport polices. “And Gyu, you stand beside Jaejoong, I’ve got something for you.” I frowned, what is it?

-

 

-

“So, I’ve already gathered you all here, as you can see. I’ve already figured out who did it.” Woohyun stated. I could see from his sides that Jaejoong’s face paled, but Yunho’s face is as calm as ever. “I’ve found this on the bathroom stall.” Woohyun take out the ‘Jung Yunho’ nametag. “And this nametag is perfect for stabbing that man’s neck who died in the bathroom stall. I can see that this belongs to Yunho. Is that right?” Woohyun looked at Yunho. Jaejoong is shaking, but if you don’t see it really close, you won’t notice. “I-I probably dropped when I was going to the bathroom… I don’t know who is that man, really!” He shouted. “Oh, you sure? Then explain me why are you calling him earlier.” Woohyun grab the dead man’s corpse, and show the call logs. “I-I….” I can see that Yunho is speechless. “Your sleeve, it has blood on it too. And you’re the person who refused to be interrogated first, right Jung Yunho?” Woohyun said. “I-I… Fine. I admit it. I killed him…” Yunho’s face is surprisingly calm. “W-why?” I blurted out. “Because he is disturbing my Jaejoong! He cornered my Jaejoong in the bathroom, then I saw it, I get angry and I killed him, satisfied?” He shouted. “Are you done?” Woohyun asked. “Done? I’m done! Now go ahead and arrest me!” I can see that Jaejoong is almost crying. “Not that, Yunho. Are you done lying to us?” Woohyun asked, he yawns. “W-what? L-lying? I’ve already admitted all!” Yunho shouted again. “Not all, right?” Woohyun smirked.

“W-what do you mean?” Yunho looked confused. “Yes, what I found is your nametag there, but there’s no blood stain there, and that bloodied sleeve of yours, look a bit small right?” Yunho froze. Now Jaejoong is already crying. And it hits my head. The killer… is not Yunho. “I was confused at first, I found your nametag there, but there’s no blood stain there. And why is a steward using a small uniform? I realized then that it’s not your uniform, and your nametag; you put it there on intention right? So all evidence will point at you, while you’re hiding the real killer, who’s beside you right now.” Jaejoong is sobbing, and Yunho is really shocked. “Shall I explain more? Jaejoong is the killer. From what I guessed, the dead man is not really cornering Jaejoong on the bathroom, but Jaejoong mistaken that and killed him instead. The man is Jaejoong’s ex, from what I saw on his phone. You are shocked, and because you don’t want him to be jailed you this all for him right? You trade your uniform with him, so it looked a bit tight on you, while it looked loose on Jaejoong. And you realize that Jaejoong has beed calling him, immediately, you erased Jaejoong’s contact on his phone so it looked like it’s just some random number calling him. You saved your number there too and leaving miscall so it looked like you are the killer. But you forgot to erase Jaejoong’s past messages, and that’s your mistake. Am I right?” Woohyun smirked. Yunho is shocked, and what he does next is something I really didn’t predict.

“YES! YOU’RE RIGHT! BUT THAT’S NOT MY ONLY PLAN!” he suddenly grabbed me and took out a knife. He put the knife in my throat. I froze, and so does Jaejoong. But Woohyun is still calm. That bastard, I bet he planned this. “I will take him with me! And I will run away with Jaejoong! I have a grenade and I could explode it the moment I get out! And this pretty guy here will testify for us! You’ve done something wrong when you told those airport police to go out! HAHAHA!” Yunho is laughing madly. I can feel tears flowing from my eyes. His knife is pressed tighter on my throat, and I can feel the blood oozing there. But Woohyun’s expression doesn’t change even a bit.  “0,12 percent.” Woohyun simply stated. “W-what?” Yunho is confused. “From 1000 fugitives, only one can succeed on escaping. 0,12 is the percentages.” Yunho froze. “But, that’s already include people who succeeded on hiding themselves under the devil’s protection, and then soon become tired living in fright, and finally decide to turn themselves, or even worse, kill themselves.” Woohyun stated. “Stop talking! Or I’ll kill him!” Yunho pressed even tighter, it hurts. The amount of blood oozing increased, but Woohyun’s face remains calm. My clothes already dirtied because of tears and blood, but he still calm as ever. What I mean to you, Woohyun?

“If you really succeed on escaping tonight, can you the loneliness and the pressure that keeps pressuring you?” Woohyun simply said. “S-SHUT UP!” Yunho pointed his knife on Woohyun. And that moment, Woohyun kicked the hand that holds the knife. “NOW!” Woohyun shouted. The airport police and the island police come rushing in to the airplane. Yunho froze, but Jaejoong look relieved. “Sunggyu… You’re a good person… I’m sorry this is happening to you… Don’t stop believing in him… And Yunho, let go of him…” Jaejoong whispered. Yunho let go of me, and I immediately fall to the floor. Blood is still oozing on my throat and I’m still sobbing. “Paramedic! Here!” Woohyun shouted while rushing towards me. “Sunggyu are you—“ “Don’t ask me whether I’m okay or not! I’m almost killed and you just stand there, do you think I’m okay?” I shouted, my voice is shaking. “Sunggyu I’m so sorry, I don’t know—“ “Bull! You’ve planned this right? You told me to stand near Jaejoong so this could happen! As expected from a detective, doing all things to ease the catching, huh? What I mean to you, Woohyun?” I said again. Woohyun is speechless. My head hurts so badly, and then I fainted.

-

 

-

When I woke up, I’m on the Incheon airport’s infirmary. My neck and my head hurts, and I saw Sungjong there. “Hyung! Are you okay?” he shouted. “Don’t shout… I’m fine. Is she here?” I said. “Think about yourself first, hyung. Fortunately, no. Her flight is delayed.” Sungjong said. I sighed happily. “Let’s go home, she can’t find me here.” I said, standing up. When I stood up, I almost fall. But someone caught me. I looked up and I saw Woohyun. His facial expression is a mixture of guilt and relief. I yanked myself off him. “Gyu—“ “I’ll sleep on my parent’s house tonight.” I cut his words harshly. I dragged Sungjong outside, and didn’t look back. I definitely don’t want to see his face right now.

 


A/n: what do you think of this chapter? and oh yeah my exam days are coming so i can't update as often as now sorry;-;