The final problem; Solved

Sherlock

 

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

I’m Kim Sunggyu. I used to don’t have a place to live, but then someone offered me a place to stay, someone called Nam Woohyun. He is the best detective in Seoul, and I was happy being offered a place to stay. But it’s not free, of course. He asked me to help him with his cases, and I was okay with that. I thought what could be possibly wrong by helping solve some cases, right? But I’m terribly wrong. I almost ended up killed a few times, and what worst is, I fell in love with him. He loves me too, and we ended up together. But then my psycho-intern that I used to call my best friend, killed him, and killed himself in the process. That exactly why I ended up like this. Always working until late at night, and I didn’t even have any more interns or even assistants. But that’s okay, since drowning myself to work it’s the best way to move on from Woohyun, which I’m hundred percent sure that I can’t. It’s only have been six (painful) months since he died.

And Nam Woohyun is—

There’s no more Nam Woohyun.

I sighed, and continuing my works. Sungjong rarely comes into my office again now, since he’s busy preparing on his college entrance exam. Howon said that Woohyun left a message for me, in case something like this happened.

But it did happened.

And I don’t want to read that message. Yet.

I still live on Woohyun’s house, Woohyun’s parent is not on South Korea right now, his older sister is not here too, and they accept me, and they said that Woohyun must want me to live there, too. They are sad, but they promised me to take care of me like they take care of Woohyun. Woohyun.

Nam Woohyun.

I chuckled at my memory with him, seriously, I can’t forget everytime I’m with him, and I know I won’t forget it. But then someone knocked at my door. My shift is almost over, and I wonder who is it that comes at this time. “Yes, you may come in.” I said sternly. There’s a women, a pretty one in fact. When I looked into her, she reminds me of Woohyun. She sat down in front of me. “My name is Gain, can you help me?” She pleaded. “I’m sorry, but what kind of help that do you want?” I smiled at her; she chuckled and muttered something that I don’t catch.  “Yes?” I shot her a questioning look. “Can you help me on investigating my restaurant?” She said. I froze.

“B-But, I’m no one… Why don’t you ask the police instead?” I asked, confused. She chuckled again. “I heard news about you, from Choi Siwon? He said that you’re the one who investigates the supernatural hound thing on his summerhouse. So can you help me please?” She pleaded again. I want to refuse her, because that time there’s Woohyun who helped me, but now, he’s gone, and I’m not the detective. But somehow, my heart told me to go for it. I sighed, before I said, “Yes, I will help you.”

“So I owned a restaurant, and there’s something suspicious there. I don’t know, maybe the aura or what, but there are some certain costumer who goes there at odd times.” She explained, and I nodded. “And the problem, is?” I asked again. “Every time the odd costumer came, he will have complaint, that I’m sure I have fix before, but he always complaint.” She explained. “So, I want you to stalk him, can you?” She smiled at me, and somehow, she reminds me of Woohyun. I chuckled. “Yes, but you must be older than me right?” I asked her. “Well, yes. How do you know?” She said, amused. “Because you’re calling Siwon hyung with no honorifics as ‘oppa’, and I thought you are older. And I’m right, so can I call you noona?” I asked again. “Of course, dear. Now, let’s head to my restaurant, shall we? You can eat dinner first.” She said, and I don’t have any choice but to follow her.

-

 

-

We arrived at her restaurant, and I kind of recognize the place. Maybe I have eaten here, once or twice, I shrugged it off. She said to me to take a seat, and wait for a minute or so. I took the time to admire my surrounding; the restaurant is kind of elegant, and I bet the prices are expensive. I looked around, and I saw a man, with beard and glasses, looking at me. I become uncomfortable soon after, because being stared like that. Then Gain noona comes back with dishes on her hands. She sat down after putting the dishes. “Sunggyu, did you see the man who stared at us?” She asked. And I nodded. “That’s the odd costumer, I want you to stalk him, but he won’t leave until 30 minutes later, and I suggest us to eat first.” She said. And I started eating. I haven’t really eaten anything these days, only ramyun and convenience store snacks. I used to cook, but since Woohyun left me, I can’t brace myself to cook anything, especially to even make some coffee. I sighed and Gain noona looked at me questioningly. “What is it, gyu?” She asked. I felt familiar with everything that is her, but I just can’t point on what is it. “Nothing, the food is great.” I smiled widely, and she smiled too.

Moments later, we have already finished our dinner, and we talked about so many things. Then the odd costumer slowly gets up, preparing to leave. “Sunggyu, this is your task right now, you need to follow him and find out who is he, okay?” I nodded and got up as well. I followed the man outside after Gain noona bid me goodbye. I tighten the jacket that wrapped me, because it’s surprisingly cold outside, and my red hair really contrasts to the surrounding, but nevertheless, I still followed the guy, and the guy didn’t seem a little bit suspicious. I walked following him, praying that he didn’t take a cab or another vehicle, since I barely have any money. Thank god for granting my prayer, but worse thing happened. He enters a bar, and it looked like any normal bar. But the thing is, it’s a gay bar.

I wondered for a minute to enter or not, but Gain noona had entrust me with the task, so I went inside the bar. The man sat across the room, and I sat on one of the stool there. I ordered something that won’t make me drunk, and drink it while observing the man. The man seems to discuss something with his friend, and the discussion heated up when the man throws a punch on his friends. I was startled, when he got up and left. I paid my drink and followed him. He went outside, and walks faster than before. I tried to catch him without making any noise, but it’s surprisingly hard since it’s really cold. I tried to keep myself warm, but then my thought averted as he entered a dark alley. I will get caught if I followed him there, so I just decided to walk slowly and take a brief look on where is going, then follow him afterwards. But my intention failed, since when I take a brief look on where’s he going, he entered a door, and closed it immediately. I can’t possibly enter the building. I sighed and I went straight passing the alley. Then I see it, the building is a restaurant, too. This is an interesting fact.

-

 

-

「From: Gain Noona

How’s it gyu?」

「To: Gain noona

He went into a closed restaurant afterwards. 」

「From: Gain noona

Is the restaurant called something like ‘enchanted’? 」

「To: Gain noona

Yes, how do you know? 」

「From: Gain noona

It used to be my rival. Tomorrow is the re opening of the restaurant, you can come to investigate more, but now just go to sleep. Goodnight! 」

I sighed, and closed my phone. I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. It’s hard for me to sleep, somehow. The memories of Nam Woohyun flooding through my mind, and I can’t help to let a tear fall from my eyes. Somehow, that night, I dreamt of him, he says goodnight to me, and sleep beside me.

-

 

-

It’s morning already, and I’m already in front of the restaurant. There are so many people lining up there, somehow. I wonder how can I get in. I sighed, and stared at the people who lined up there. But I saw a man, a man I recognize as the man I should follow, getting out from the restaurant. He looked around, before going somewhere, walking away from the restaurant. I followed him immediately. He walked and walked, until he reaches a park. I remember this park… I was here with Woohyun before. I smiled sadly, but then I lost the man, and I mentally cursed myself. I sighed, and walked to one of the bench there. I rest for a while, when I realized there’s a piece of paper there. I wonder what is it. I took it and read that.

「 Kim Sunggyu?

If you are Kim Sunggyu, then continue reading, if you are not, just put it back.

Wondering where is the man that you should follow?

I know where.

Let me tell you something.

Later, you will find him and surprised. – Go to the sun—」

Sun? Where the heck is that? I sighed, and left the park slowly. Sun? Where is it? I looked at the sky, there’s no sun, and the sky is gloomy. I think of a place equals with sun. Somewhere hot… Kitchen? I probably need to go back to the enchanted restaurant.

I went back to the restaurant, when the people queuing is lesser than before. When I about to queue too, there’s a man who tapped my back. “Are you Kim Sunggyu?” Someone asked. I nodded. “Follow me. Someone has reserved you a table.” I shot a questioning look but I followed the man nevertheless. I was being dragged to a table near the window, and he told me to sit. “All of these dish are already paid, you don’t have to worry. Finish it, and a message waiting for you.” The man said, and left. I was left alone, and I started eating. I haven’t really had any decent lunch, and these foods are good. I ate everything, and gulped down the drink, that unbelievably sweet. And sweet drinks reminded me of something. Woohyun. I sighed again, because everything reminded me of him. Then the man came back with a piece of paper. “Read this, and leave.” The man said coldly. I took the piece of paper from his hands, and read it.

「dear sunggyu,

Are you curious of who I am?

Lately, you haven’t eaten anything, so I think it’s no big deal to treat you lunch

Way to go on finding the meaning sun, there

Amazing, the way you guess

You know?

Someday we’ll meet – Bakery— 」

Bakery? But which bakery? Even this man knows that I haven’t really eaten these days, I was really surprised. If he knew about my eating habit, he must know my favorite bakery too. I decided to go there.

I arrived there, and there are not so much people. I went inside, and I took my favorite bread. I went to the cashier and paid it. “Are you Kim Sunggyu?” The cashier asked. “Yes, I am. Do you happen to have something for me?” I asked. This is becoming a routine for me, I sighed. I took my bread and the piece of paper that was handed to me. I find a bench to seat again, and I stared at the bread. This is my really favorite bread, and the last time I ate this is with Woohyun. I sighed again, before biting the bread and take a look at the message.

「 kim sunggyu

Find this?

I thought you will, too

Now, only one to go.

Do you feel good, eating the bread? –Amusement park—」

Amusement park, huh? I laughed. My last date with Woohyun is there. And I rushed to go there, immediately.

-

 

-

I arrived at the amusement park, or whatever it called. There are so many memories here… I almost cried at the thought. But I didn’t. Everything is here, I share my ice cream with him on the bench there; but he didn’t let me have his ice cream and kissed me instead. I cling onto him all the way from the beginning of the haunted house, until the very end. I screamed the loudest on roller coaster, and he just laughed at me. Everything we had done; I missed it. I missed him.

 But my thoughts were interrupted when someone patted my shoulder, and I turned around. It’s a man with a beard and thick sunglasses. When I stare into the sunglasses, I felt a very familiar stare; just like Woohyun’s stare. “What?” I asked. “Kim Sunggyu?” He said. His voice sounded awfully familiar. “Y-yes?” I stuttered. “I have a letter for you, but I need to be at presence when you read it. So let’s head to the Ferris wheel.” The man said. I was dumbfounded, when suddenly I was shoved into the Ferris wheel.  He handed me the letter, and I opened it.

「Dear Sunggyu,

Yeah, it’s the last.

Our moments, sounded perfect, right?

U and I, let’s be together forever. – Hotness in front of you 」

When I looked up, there’s no longer the man with the beard and thick sunglasses. What I see, is, a black orbs that stare deeply into my eyes. The perfect jawline, tan skin, plump lips, and perfect nose. What I see is Nam Woohyun.

“Nam Woohyun…” my voice trailed off.

“I will always find you, I promised that, right?” He smiled so brightly, and all I want to do is just cry in his arms.

-

 

-

“Yah, I’m sorry for being gone for six month.” He’s pleading for my attention, but I stayed still, eating my ice cream. “I’m really sorry… Kim Sunggyu.” He sighed. “Why did you fake your death?” I asked, voice trembling. I’m afraid if all of this was just a dream. “I have to, unless that psycho’s man will hunt you down, and I’d rather die than put you into another danger, again.” He explained. “Why took six month?” I said, almost crying. “Because in those six month, I’ve been hunting his men around the world, and now I’m pretty sure that’s there is none of his men left to threaten us.” He said while took my hand, and kissed it. “I missed you…” I said, my voice is still weak. He chuckled. “I’m sorry. I will make it up to you.” He said while getting up. “I know this is not the kind of thing you would even thought of, but we’ve been together for long enough I guess, and I always promise you things and ended up not keeping them. Even with my promise that I will always find you, I didn’t do it very well.” He said, he’s fiddling with his fingers, and I can see that he’s nervous. What on earth making the smooth talker Nam Woohyun lost his words? “The thing is, I could never be good with words. So I will promise you this last thing, heck no, I will vow you this. I will be always by your side, forever, and I will never ever let you go.” He said and I was taken aback. “I love you… will you marry me?”

Extra:

"Do you know who Gain noona is? I bet you know who is she."

"She is my sister....."

"Woohyun. She is your sister? Then whose idea is it to keep me running arround like that?"

"Uh, our?"

"Yah."

"I love you, Kim Sunggyu."

Sunggyu blushed. 


a/n: it's ending soon! ^^;