Chanyeol - Smarties

EXO One-Shots

Requested by marzorie25. I hope you like it! 

I lazily got up from my bed and looked at the time, WHAT 6:30 already?! Ugh, this is what I get for studying late at night. School starts in 30 minutes and I'm just barely getting of out bed. I immediately laid my uniform on the bed and ran to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I got out of the shower, got dressed, and blowdried my hair. I looked into the mirror and I realized I looked like a zombie. I quickly put some concealer on my eyebags and two coats of mascara to make me look more alive. 

I made my way downstairs and grabbed two slices of toast and sipped a glass of orange juice.

"Bye umma and appa! Love you!" I yelled as I bolted out the door.

I ran to the bus stop to catch the bus and made my way to school. I walked to my locker and someone was waiting for me, with a huge smile on his face. Great, just the person I wanted to see every morning. I walked towards him and said, "What do you want now, Chanyeol? It's bad enough I have to see your face in class everyday." 

"Don't lie, I know you think I'm handsome." He said smirking at me. Stop that! You're messing with my feelings, I'm supposed to hate you! 

"Whatever Chanyeol, why are you here again?" I asked as I opened up my locker and something fell into my hands. 

It was a cute little note with a pack of smarties tied by a red ribbon. I untied the ribbon and unfolded the note. It said: 

Min Hee, 

You look beautiful today. Well, actually you look beautiful everyday. Do well on your exams, arasseo? If you beat Chanyeol, then maybe I'll reveal myself to you! Don't worry, I'm cute, I'm not some hideous beast! Good luck, Min Hee fighting! 

PS: I hope you like smarties, I like them but not as much as I like you (; 

Xoxo,

Your future boyfriend <3

I couldn't help but smile, that was until I realized Chanyeol was staring at me this whole time. I've been receiving these notes ever since the beginning of second semester, but this person never bothered to reveal himself. 

"Chanyeol what are you still doing here?" I asked annoyed. 

"Staring at your cute face... I mean what no I Uh..." He said while rubbing the back of his neck, blushing lightly. 

"I know I'm cute, don't deny it." I said teasing him. 

"ANYWAYS, I came here to say good luck on the exams because I'm gonna beat your like I always do!" He said and he flicked my forehead and ran off. 

"YAH PARK CHANYEOL I HATE YOU SO MUCH!" I yelled after him.

I walked into the classroom and passed by Chanyeol since he sat in front of me. I took a few steps back and stopped in front of him. I hovered over him, and leaned in close to his face. He started shaking and blinking continuously, and I continued to stare at him. 

"Why so nervous Chanyeol?" I whispered. 

"I uh no... No I'm not uh..." He stuttered. 

"Okay well good luck!" I said and leaned in even closer, our faces only inches away for reach other and I kissed his cheek to . 

"YAH W-WHAT WAS T-THAT FOR?!" He yelled as I sat down behind him. 

"I told you you'll need good luck!" I replied and flicked his right ear. 

"YAH! WHEN ARE YOU GONNA STOP?!" He screamed. 

"Never, that was payback for flicking my forehead, dumbo!" I teased. 

"AISH! Stupid girls!" He said as he ruffled his hair. 

Haha, he's too cute! Don't mess with me Park Chanyeol, or else you're gonna get it. 

Mr. Wu passed out the exams and we had an hour to take the 60 questioned test. Luckily, I knew most of the answers since I did stay up last night just to study for this. Our one hour was up and Mr. Wu collected our scantrons and headed to the back room to scan them. Once he came back, he called us up one by one and passed back our scores. I got a 96%, in your face Chanyeol!

Just then the bell rang and all the students piled up to walk out the door. I walked to my locker to get my history book and math book, for some reason there was no sign of Chanyeol. Haha, he probably got a bad score. 

For the rest of the day, there was no sight of Chanyeol. Is he that embarrassed? The last bell rang and I walked out the door to see Chanyeol waiting for me.

"Hey! How come I didn't see you all day? Were you hiding because you got a lower score than me?" I asked, teasing him. 

"No, actually I had a talk with the counselors about scholarships and stuff. And for your information, I got a 98%." He replied. 

"YOU WHAT?! YOU GOT A 98%?! UGH I HATE YOU!" I screamed. 

"What? Why? What did I do now?" He said. 

"I got a 96%! Who are you to come in here and think you're better than me?! Why are you always getting higher scores than me?! Do you like seeing me suffering?!" I yelled. 

"No.. Min Hee... It's not like that!" He reasoned. 

"Then what huh?! You just come out of nowhere and steal my title of top honor of the school? I know I sound like I'm overreacting, but it means a lot to me! You just had to come and ruin everything! You know why I'm making such a big deal out of it?! Because my parents think I'm a failure! They think I'm a nobody who will never get anywhere in life! Do you know much it hurts for your own parents to say that to your face?!" I screamed as tears started falling down on my cheeks and I started hitting his chest. 

"I HATE YOU SO MUCH PARK CHANYEOL! I HATE YOU!" I whispered as I slowly started to run of out breath. 

"Min Hee... I don't think you're a failure. You mean a lot to me, that's why I've been trying to get your attention. I'm sorry, I didn't think it would end up like this. I'm really sorry, Min Hee." He said as he pulled me in for a tight hug.

"I... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to lash out at you like that. It's just that I've been keeping that in for so long, so I guess it finally got to me." I said, finally calming down. 

"That's good, I'm still sorry. I didn't mean to cause more stress on you. Hey, how bout we get some ice cream to cool you down? My treat!" He said, giving me that pearly white smile. 

"Sure!" I beamed. 

We walked to the nearby ice cream shop down the street and it was filled with awkward silence. Once we entered the shop, I ordered a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of vanilla, while Chanyeol ordered cookies n cream. We decided to go to the park and on the way there we casually took glances at each other.

I got onto the swing and Chanyeol sat down on the one next to me, and we just started swinging. 

"So... About what you said earlier..." I said. 

"Oh uh yeah, what about it?" He responded. 

"Something about trying to get my attention?" I said as I turned to look at him and he was blushing. 

"Oh well.. You see..." He started. 

"Spill it Park Chanyeol, before I kiss you again!" I threatened and he turned to look at me, turning a brighter shade of pink. 

"Well you see.. Ever since the first day of school, I saw you and it was love at first sight. Cheesy? I know. I didn't know how to get your attention since you were always hitting the books so I decided to mess with you. How? By trying to beat you in everything. I'm not even that smart you know? Every single night, I would get tutored by Kris, I mean Mr. Wu, and Suho hyung was always helping me study. Even Kyungsoo quizzed me in the morning while he cooked breakfast, and Chen would always ask me questions when we walked to school. And that's how I managed to get better scores, I always stayed up past 2 o'clock just to study. I'd come to school looking like a zombie with only 4 hours of sleep, but that all went away whenever I see your smiling face every morning. You're the reason why I always have this huge smile on my face. I even wrote you those cute little letters in your lockers with the smarties just to make you smile even more. I li..." He explained, but I interrupted him. 

I walked up to him, cupped his face and leaned in for a kiss. "I like you too Chanyeol, I like you a lot." I said, smiling at him. 

"You what...?" He asked shocked. 

"I said I like you! Did that kiss not mean anything to you?" I asked. 

"No, it's just that.. Hey, I was gonna kiss you first!" He complained. 

"Sorry cutie, I guess I beat you to it!" I said, winking at him.

It's not that great, I know. But I hope you guys still enjoyed reading it :3 Please don't forget to comment some feedback so I know if you enjoyed your request or not!