oo1

Too Idiotic, Too Scared, To wait

Staring out at the grey abyss, the neighborhood I live in, on a clear day, you can see all the way down the street, all the cars driving up and down the street, the people coming in and out of the stores down the street, the kids making their way to school or to the park to play. But on rainy days like this you can barely see your arms out held in front of you, just like the day Taemin had told me he’d be back, but maybe I shouldn’t have believed him, maybe I should just move on with my life instead of waiting for the now famous friend, the boy that had once only danced for me, the one that now dances for millions. Lee Taemin you promised to come back, you told me to wait a little bit, that you’d come back to me no matter what. You kept all your promises at first, you called me at least once a week no matter what, texted me all the time, but now? I haven’t heard anything from you for almost six months, I’ve tried calling you, texting you but I still get nothing. Maybe it’s because I’m nothing to you now?

Taemin I thought we were friends, sighing; I grab a coat and pull it on over my small frame, my bright red raincoat, pulling on my rain-boots over my light blue skinny jeans, my matching red rain-boots, leaving my jacket ed as I head out into the storm.

I can’t stand to be inside on days like this, it reminds me too much of what hurts me the most, what’s been hurting me since Taemin became too good to be my friend. Hopping into puddles I smile up at the sky that I can’t see. “You happy?!” I scream. “Pabo…” I mutter twirling around as my hair becomes soaked.

“You’ll get sick if you stay out here like that Jae.” I hear a familiar voice call to me, a voice I haven’t heard in months. “Jae you ok?”

Spinning around I see Taemin standing there, staring at me timidly, glaring at him I turn around and run into the park in attempt to lose him, I didn’t want to see him, not after all that I’ve figured out, all that I’ve kept to myself since I realized I fell in love with the dumb kid.

 

I’ve known Taemin for years, were best friends the moment we met, Tae and Jae. Growing up we were always together, people rarely saw us apart. As we got older it didn’t change, Taemin and I were always together until he had left to go be a trainee. I was the one that cheered him on when he felt like giving up. I stood by him all those years because I love him. The dancing kid, the cute kid that’d laugh whenever we were together because we’re always happy.

I realized my feelings for my best friend in middle school; Taemin was staying over at my house for a little while after school while his parents were out. He’d asked me why we never talked about the people we liked, I told him because we never did, because I was far too afraid to tell him, and I still am if not more now.

“Jae come back!” He yells somewhere behind me. “I’m sorry.” He calls out desperately. “I…I’ve been trying to tell you something!”

Stopping I turn around, seeing his figure become clearer as he comes closer. “What?” I ask him curiously, still angry at him.

“How to tell you.” He says nervously, nervously…The guy the dances and sings in front of thousands is nervously trying to tell me something. “Jae, I’m sorry I never replied…I just didn’t know how to tell you.”

“That you didn’t care about me? That you’ve found better best friends?” I ask him hurt, my voice portraying my emotion perfectly. “What Taemin?”

Taemin shakes his head quickly. “Jae, I’ll always care about you and the guys could never replace you. Jae I…”

Looking away from him I let out a sigh. “Taemin…”

“Jae, it’s just that when we were in middle school so many guys liked you. So many of them asked me how they should confess to you.”

“Is this what you wanted to tell me? That a few boys liked me back in middle school?” I ask him irritated; this could have easily been texted to me.

“NO!” He yells, his voice cracking slightly. “What I want to tell you is that when I left I never got the chance to tell you something that I realized when we were little.”

“That would be?” I ask him impatiently. “Taemin this better be something that has to be told to me in person.”

He chuckles. “Jae, I love you.”

Twitching I walk away from him deciding it’s a hallucination from me hoping to hear him say it, and if this is real it scares me.

“Jae?!” Taemin yells grabbing my wrist, there goes my hallucination theory. “I’m sorry I haven’t talked to you for a long time but I was scared of how you’d react, what you’d say.”

“Why now Taemin?” I ask him tears stinging at my eyes. “Why?”

“Partially because when I saw you screaming at the sky, and partially because I’ve waited too long, and I don’t want to hear that you’re getting married.”

Furrowing my brow confused. “Married?!”

“Jae would you just listen to me?!” He yells frustrated. “I love you. I don’t want to hear from you or someone else that suddenly it was too late, that I was an idiot for waiting even this long. Jae…I don’t want to let you slip away because I was too idiotic to confess to you.”

Staring at Taemin, his reddish hair complimenting him, a smile breaking across my face I kiss his cheek. “I was being idiotic too.” I whisper.


I've been in a mood to write for SHINee, and I was writing this while listening to Replay <3....ANYWAYS. :)

Comment and subscribe!!