YMC Part 2

You're My Cheesecake

 

‘Mum, can I please bring Daehyun along?’ Woo Hyun begged his Omma.

 

‘Why must you bring him along, son? Does Daehyun really need to be there? Must he also be by your side after you’re married, Nam Woo Hyun? You want him to see what you’re doing with you future wife?’ Mrs Nam joked.

 

‘Omma! What are you thinking? I just want him to be there today. Please …’ Woo Hyun begged once again.

 

‘I’m sorry Mr Nam but I don’t think I’ll allow you to bring him today. Maybe next time alright? Let’s go now. I want to drop by the supermarket to buy some fruits.

 

‘I’M SUPER DEAD!’ Woo Hyun mumbled to himself.

 

♦♦♦

 

At the supermarket, Yuri searched for the ingredients that her mother asked to buy. After getting the items, she went to the dessert section. ‘Ohh, there’s only one box of cheesecake left. I’m so lucky!’ She thought to herself. She opened the fridge door. However, as she was about to reach for the box of cheesecake, a guy came and took it before her.

 

‘YAH! THAT’S MY CHEESECAKE!’ She shouted, giving the guy a hard glare.

 

‘Hey, I took it first woman!’ Woo Hyun fight back.

 

‘YOU?’ The both of them shouted as they looked at each other.

 

‘Give me back my cheesecake!’ She argued.

 

‘No … It’s mine,’ Woo Hyun hid the box of cheesecake behind him. ‘Try to snatch it from me, woman,’ Woo Hyun rolled his tongue.

 

Yuri walked towards Woo Hyun. ‘Hey … wha … what are you doing?’ Woo Hyun panicked. ‘Don’t me!!’ He shouted. Yuri pushed him towards the glass fridge. She then stepped on his foot and snatched the cheesecake. ‘Got it!’ She winked at Woo Hyun and ran away towards the cashier before he catches her.

 

‘YAH!! YOU RUDE WOMAN! BRING MY CHEESECAKE BACK!’ Woo Hyun shouted, gaining the crowd’s attention at the supermarket.

 

‘Why are you shouting Nam Woo Hyun?’ Mrs Nam asked as she walks towards Woo Hyun who was still at the desserts section, looking at the cakes.

 

‘A rude girl steals the last box of cheesecakes that I took!’ Woo Hyun complained.

 

‘It’s just a box of cheesecake Nam Woo Hyun … and she’s a woman. Give in a little. You’re a man. Stop being childish already!’ Mrs Nam patted his shoulder.

 

♦♦♦

 

A knock can be heard from the kitchen. ‘I’ll go get the door. You prepare the rest of the dishes,’ Mrs Kwon instructed Yuri.

 

‘Nam Eunhui! Finally I get to see you after a long time …’ Mrs Nam and Mrs Kwon hugged each other.

 

Woo Hyun who was not interested at first widened his eyes. ‘Mrs Kwon?!’ He shouted. He was so shocked.

 

‘Woo Hyun-ah … How have you been? Yuri and I missed you a lot,’ Mrs Kwon pulled him in for a hug. ‘You grew up so well. You’re so good-looking now,’ she continued and winked.

 

‘Mrs Kwon where is Yuri?’ he excitedly asked. Mrs Kwon pointed at the kitchen. Before he could even rush to the kitchen, Yuri already came towards them.

 

‘YOU AGAIN?’ Both of them shouted.

 

‘Eo? What’s happening here?’ Mrs Kwon asked.

 

‘He’s not the Nam Woo Hyun I met earlier on … He’s the girl boyfriend whom I bumped into outside the café … He almost steals my cheesecake away …’Yuri said. ‘She’s the girl whom I saw in front of the café just now. She’s also the one who stole my cheesecake earlier on … OMMA IT’S HER!’ Woo Hyun said. The both of them said their sentence at the same time.

 

Mrs Nam and Mrs Kwon laughed. ‘Fate must have brought the both of you together …’ Mrs Nam said while giggling. ‘But what do you mean by … girlfriend? Nam Woo Hyun … you have a girlfriend?’ Mrs Nam asked in an angry tone.

 

‘Yes Omma … I mean … No Omma …’ Woo Hyun answered, trembling.

 

‘So much for your ‘I promise that you’ll be my first and my last love’ Nam Woo Hyun. You’re just another liar,’ Yuri threw the apron she was wearing at Woo Hyun’s face and walk out of the house.

 

‘You better fix this problem Mr Nam. We’ve did our part to let the both of you meet again. It’s all up to you now,’ Mrs Nam advised him.

 

Woo Hyun ran after Yuri. He searched for Yuri who was standing near the pond outside her house. He can hear her sniffing clearly. ‘Mian-he cheesecake, I didn’t know you’re my future wife …’ He heave a heavy sigh as he looked at her. He slowly approached her from the back and hugged her waist. ‘I’m really sorry cheesecake, please let me explain everything,’ he whispered in Yuri’s ear.

 

‘Let me go! I don’t want to listen to you. You said I’ll be your first and last love? But look what happened now? For 10 years, I didn’t even date other guys because I’m staying faithful towards you but you simply went out with other girl and even scolded me because of her just now. I’m so disappointed in you, Nam Woo Hyun!’ tears can be seen oozing out from Yuri’s eyes. She walked away from Woo Hyun but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the nearest wall. He pushed Yuri so that she was leaning on the wall. He pressed both of her hands up against the wall, preventing her from moving.

 

‘Hey, cheesecake, look at me … Come on, look at me and listen … I didn’t mean to do all that to you okay … I swear, I’ve been waiting and finding for you but I gave up because I couldn’t find you at all. I also didn’t have any information about you … When Omma told me that she’s going to set me up on an arranged marriage, I stupidly agree but look .. I asked my friend to replace me and get to know my future wife first. I don’t want to attend that date because … I’m still thinking about my cheesecake … I’m really sorry alright? Please forgive me?’ Woo Hyun caressed her cheeks and pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

 

Yuri pushed Woo Hyun away. Even so, you don’t have a reason to get a girlfriend. Stay away from me Nam Woo Hyun. I hate you!’ Yuri ran back into the house and into her room.

 

♦♦♦

 

The next day, Woo Hyun came back to the Kwon’s house.

 

‘Good Morning Omma. Can I meet Yuri? I want to bring her out, Omma. Can I? ’ He politely bowed to Mrs Kwon and asked her.

 

‘Of course you can. Woo Hyun-ah … Just continue to treat Yuri nicely and prove to her that you love her. I’m sure she actually loves you a lot that she behaves that way. Hwaiting, my son! Mrs Kwon fist pumped in the air. Woo Hyun nodded and hugged her.

 

‘Yuri-ah, Woo Hyun is here to ask you out!’ Mrs Kwon knocked on her bedroom door. ‘NO! I don’t want to see him! Ask him to go away! She shouted. Woo Hyun was hurt but he understands that Yuri was still mad at him. He just gave a weak smile to Mrs Kwon.

 

‘Alright then! I will ask him to go back … And I will call Mrs Nam to cancel this arrange marriage too …’ Mrs Kwon replied.

 

‘O…. OMMA WAIT! Fine … Wait a while ….’ Mrs Kwon winked at Woo Hyun. She knows her daughter too well.

 

♦♦♦

 

During their journey to the restaurant to have their breakfast, Woo Hyun kept looking at Yuri and smiling from ear to ear every time she looks at him.

 

‘Are you crazy? Why do you keep smiling like that Nam Woo Hyun? For your information, I don’t like to go around with a crazy person. Please bear that in mind,’ Yuri finally talked.

 

‘Why did you agree to go out with me when your Omma said that she will call my Omma to cancel the wedding? So … you still want to marry me huh … Kwon Yuri.’ Woo Hyun .

 

‘You better shut up Nam Woo Hyun or else I will go home right now …’ Yuri made a U-turn.

 

‘Alright I’ll stop … Hey, why did you address me by my name? Call me oppa! I’ve been longing to hear you calling me oppa! Woo Hyun shook Yuri’s arm.

 

‘I don’t have an oppa. You’re not reliable enough to be called an oppa,’ Yuri quickened her steps.

 

‘Yah Kwon Yuri … How do you know that I’m not reliable?’ Woo Hyun pouts and began sulking.

 

‘See? You behave more like a girl compared that a guy. You deserve to be my Unnie, Nam Woo Hyun …’ Yuri judged him.

 

‘Yah … How dare you call me a girl!’ Woo Hyun stomped his feet on the ground to gain Yuri’s attention who was already at the front but he got ignored.

 

♦♦♦

 

‘What do you want to eat? The food here is very nice …’ Woo Hyun raised his thumbs up.

 

‘Anything. I’ll just eat anything that you feed me,’ Yuri observed the restaurant surrounding. She can’t deny that the restaurant ambience is not that bad.

 

♦♦♦

 

After they’ve done eating, Woo Hyun excused himself to the toilet.

 

‘Ah, ah. Mike test … Annyeong … My name is Nam Woo Hyun.’

 

Yuri who was drinking water chocked when she heard Woo Hyun’s name. She turned and saw Woo Hyun at the small stage in front of the restaurant. Woo Hyun who saw Yuri turned to face him starts smiling.

 

‘I’m standing here on the stage right now to tell everyone about my love story. 10 years back, I was separated from someone whom I really love. We were very young at that time ... However, we promised to search for each other so that we are able to date when we’re older. 8 months ago, I tried searching for her but I failed … I was actually quite disappointed with myself because I wanted to give up searching for her. My mum even mentioned to me about an arrange marriage she set me up with her best friend’s daughter. I thought it was the girl I loved but my mum denied it and crazily, I accepted it. What was I thinking … How could I marry another girl when I promised that she will my first and my last girl … I almost married another girl .. Aigoo … Yesterday, I had a date with my future wife but I asked my best friend to go instead because I don’t want to be unfaithful to her, whom I loved very much. On the night itself, my Omma brought me to her house. I was shocked to know that my future wife was the girl I loved right from the beginning. However, I’m so angry with myself because I actually scolded her because of a girl who was so whiny and annoying whom I asked to be my girlfriend because I do not want to get married. I even fought with her, the girl I loved, for a box of cheesecake. How immature I am ... Right here, right now, in front of everybody, I would like to sincerely apologise to Kwon Yuri, the girl whom I really loved. I’m really sorry cheesecake for hurting you. I admit I’m a stupid fool not only in your eyes but mine too and perhaps the rest of the people here … I think, we met that way for a reason. I really think we are fated to be together right now.’ He stopped causing the people in the restaurant to laugh and also feel touch for what he has just confessed.

 

Woo Hyun then took the wireless mike and walk towards the table where Yuri is sitting. ‘Throw away my pride to ask you to come back. I’ll be your fork and you can dig into my cheesecake!’ Daehyun led out a laugh after he rapped Peniel’s rap of Second Confession. Yuri and the others join him laughing too because of the weird lyrics that he changed. ‘Kwon Yuri, will you please be my cheesecake? We can eat cheesecake together or even bake it, whatever I don’t care but please … be my cheesecake and spend the rest of your life eating cheesecake with me?’ Woo Hyun continued. Yuri looked into his eyes. She saw the sincerity in his eyes. Tears were forming in her eyes.

 

However, they were disturbed when someone came and slap Woo Hyun on his right cheek. ‘What do you mean by whiny and annoying? I hate you Nam Woo Hyun!’ Hyeri left the restaurant.

 

‘Ouch …’ Woo Hyun cried while rubbing his right cheek.

 

‘I feel much better after that slap you receive from that whiny girl,’ Yuri chuckled ‘I forgive you, oppa!’ she continued and gave Woo Hyun a light peck on his lips. The people in the restaurant gave them a round of applause and cheered for them. The both of them blushed.

 

Woo Hyun walked Yuri back home after spending some time with her. He shyly took Yuri’s hand and intertwined it with his fingers. ‘Finally we are dating!’ Woo Hyun happily swing their hands forward and backward.

 

They stopped by near a bench. Yuri move closer towards Woo Hyun’s ear and whispered, ‘Oppa, I love you.’ They were so close. Woo Hyun could clearly hear her breath. Woo Hyun then turn to face Yuri and pulled her waist nearer to him and he started kissing her passionately on the lips. Yuri hugged Woo Hyun on the neck and slowly moved down to his hug his waist and bring him much closer to her. Woo Hyun lips moved down to kiss Yuri’s neck. He then rested his chin on her shoulders before moving closer to her ear to whisper, ’I love you more, cheesecake.’

 


My first ever one shot completed! Hope it's not crappy though (: