YMC Part 1

You're My Cheesecake

 

*Flashback 10 years ago*

‘We’re only 9 years old. We’re still young to understand what love is even though we love each other. Shouldn’t we wait till we are a bit matured till we become girlfriend and boyfriend?’ Yuri asked Woo Hyun who is happily playing the sand while she sits on the swing at the playground.

 

‘Maybe you’re right but what if we are going to date someone else when we became adult? People feelings do change Yuri-ah,’ Woo Hyun turned around to look at Yuri who looks worried. She didn’t want Woo Hyun to move to Seoul. She doesn’t want to be separated from the boy she loves most.

 

Woo Hyun and Yuri grew up together. Their parents have been best friends since high school and shockingly, after they got married, they still stick around together. The two of them, Woo Hyun and Yuri, grew up keeping feelings for each other since they are always there for each other during their up and downs in life. What’s more, they understand each other too well. They believe that they are fated to be together.

 

‘Oppa, promise me that even though we are going to be separated, you will find me when we’re older and we get married? Jebal, I don’t want to lose you …’ Yuri show out her pinky finger to Woo Hyun.

 

‘I promise you, cheesecake. I will find for you. Make sure you find me too because you need both hands to clap. Araso?’ Woo Hyun accepts Yuri’s pinky finger, indicating that he promised to search for her and date when they’re older.

 

‘I’ll find you when you’re 19. Do keep contact with me araso? Don’t find other cheesecakes to replace me. I’m your only cheesecake, you get me Nam Woo Hyun?’ Yuri points her index finger towards him and touched his nose.

 

‘Araso ... I’ll miss you cheesecake. I promise that you’ll be my first and my last love, I’ll find you soon … There won’t be any other cheesecakes alright? …’ Woo Hyun shyly moved his face towards Yuri’s cheek and gave her a kiss. The both of them turned red.

 

‘Mr Nam, get in the car quickly! We’re going to miss our flight if you continue to act lovey dovey with Ms Kwon!’ Mrs Nam shouted. The both of them quickly run, heading towards Nam’s family car. ‘Ms Kwon, take care of yourself, araso? Grow up well. We shall meet when you’ve reach 19 years old later,’ Mrs Nam patted Yuri’s head while winking at Mrs Kwon.

 

‘Omma, I want to marry Kwon Yuri when she’s older,’ Woo Hyun pull Mrs Kwon blouse.

 

‘Aigoo, Woo Hyun-ah, we shall talk about that when you are older, araso? Let us, your parents arrange everything,’ Mrs Kwon caressed Woo Hyun cheeks and kissed his forehead.

 

‘Have a safe trip,’ Mrs Kwon and Yuri waved as they see the Nam’s family car fading away from their eyesight.

 

♦♦♦

 

*Back to reality*

‘I wonder where my cheesecake is. We’ve totally lost contact and till now, I’m still not able to find her. Have you totally forgotten about me cheesecake? It’s been 8 months. I’m turning 20 soon. I still can’t find you … I should move on,’ Woo Hyun thought to himself.

 

‘Woo Hyun-ah, dinner is ready! Come down now!’ Mrs Nam shouted from the kitchen. Woo Hyun obeyed her words. He placed the picture frame that has his picture with Yuri on his bed. ‘I’m giving up, Kwon Yuri. Have a happy life.’

 

‘Why are you so sad? Is there something that’s bothering you?’ Mrs Nam asked his only son who has been looking down since the start of dinner. He just shook his head as an answer. ‘By the way, Woo Hyun-ah ... Recently, Omma met my best friend. She wants to match make her daughter with you. Do you agree with that?’ Woo Hyun widened his eyes. ‘Is it Mrs Kwon? Yuri Omma?’ He asked excitedly.

 

‘No. I’ve lost contact with her. It’s another best friend of mine. Her daughter name is Ri. She’s very pretty. I’m sure you’d like her,’ Mrs Nam persuaded him who looks like he has lost hope since he thought that his mum arranged him an arranged marriage with Yuri.

 

‘Up to you Omma. I let you decide everything,’ Woo Hyun said as he left the dining table.

 

♦♦♦

 

‘Hey dude. What’s up? Why are you so quiet and sad? You have a problem? Tell me about it …’ Daehyun, Woo Hyun best friend asked.

 

‘There’s nothing. I just can’t find my cheesecake,’ He replied as he rested his chin on his palm.

 

‘Cheesecake? Hey, there’s a lot of cheesecake at the cafeteria. Name any, it’s all there at the desserts shop. I just ate strawberry cheesecake just now. It really was delicious!’ Daehyun show his thumbs up as his lips.

 

‘Stop it Daehyun. It’s not that cheesecake. My cheesecake is inedible,’ Woo Hyun showed him a straight face.

 

‘Ohh … You mean your first love? I heard your mum is setting up an arrange marriage for you. Be happy dude. You get something better than cheesecakes ... If you know what I mean …’ Daehyun gave a huge smile.

 

‘Shut up. You’re always talking about food. I wasted five minutes of my life talking to you,’ Woo Hyun walked away.

 

‘Hey, alright I’m sorry. I’m just hungry…  So when are you meeting your future wife then?’ Daehyun asked as he feed some chips in his mouth.

 

‘Today. Right after this,’ Woo Hyun sighed as he covers his face with his hands.

 

‘Why don’t you sound happy? You should be happy, dude. If I were you, I’d go and meet her and get to know her. I mean you might have feelings for her, you know?’ Daehyun stuff more chips in his mouth. ‘You want some?’ Daehyun looked at Woo Hyun as he offered him some chips. Woo Hyun was grinning right in front of him. ‘Why are you looking at me like that? Am I too handsome today? He asked as he look at his reflection on the glass window.. ‘Don’t tell me … NO Nam Woo Hyun. NO! Go yourself,’ Daehyun who has been best friends with Woo Hyun figured out what his best friend was thinking.

 

‘Please … Just this once ...’ Woo Hyun begged Daehyun.

 

‘NO! Are you crazy? Your mum will kill me if she knows that I was the one who went to meet your future wife.’

 

‘If nobody tells her, she will be clueless. So please … jebal … HELP ME!!’ Woo Hyun begged once again, kneeling on the floor this time round.

 

‘Alright! Alright! Stand up right now. I will help you. Just this once,’ Daehyun pulled him up from the ground.

 

‘THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU JUNG DAEHYUN! THAT’S MY BEST FRIEND!’ Woo Hyun shouted and kissed his best friend cheek, causing people to look at them in a disgusted manner.

 

♦♦♦

 

‘Just go up to her, talk for a while and admit that you have her girlfriend. Her mum might think twice if she knew that I have a girlfriend,’ the both of them discussed what Daehyun should do when he meet up with Ri.

 

‘No. I think it’s better if you get to know her first. After your second meeting then you will decide if you want to continue with the arrange marriage or not,’ Daehyun contributed his idea.

 

‘Sounds good …’ Woo Hyun agreed.

 

‘Annyeong oppa! Err... I’ve been dared to confess my feelings to you … So … I love you, Woo Hyun Oppa,’ the queenka of the school, Hyeri suddenly came and disturbed the best friends’ conversation.

 

Woo Hyun looked at Daehyun he then whispered, ‘She can be my girlfriend and save me from this arrange marriage.’

 

‘Dude, you don’t even like her … How do you …’ Before Daehyun could even finish his sentence, Woo Hyun looked back at Hyeri and asked, ‘Then would you like to be my girlfriend?’

 

Hyeri jumped up and down as she accepts Woo Hyun to be her boyfriend. She was so happy that the most handsome guy in school asked her to his girlfriend. Who would ever reject Nam Woo Hyun?

 

‘Nam Woo Hyun ... What is going to happen to cheesecake?’ Daehyun thought to himself as he massage his nose bridge.

 

♦♦♦

 

Daehyun went to Delight Café where Woo Hyun was supposed to meet Ri. He sat an empty table near the window and ordered a cheesecake while waiting for Ri to arrive as he reached there five minutes earlier.

 

As he was enjoying his cheesecake, a tall and gorgeous girl came and approached him.

 

‘Nam Woo Hyun?’ He almost choked hearing that name. The girl hand him a glass of water while laughing.

 

‘Long time no see Nam Woo Hyun-shii … You look so different. Your lips became …  A bit thicker … Haha … ’ She laughed as she slid her hair to the back of her ears.

 

‘Who are you? How did you know my name? Ahh … Your mum must have told you my name. I’m such a pabo. Haha …’ Daehyun scratched his head while laughing.

 

‘You really love cheesecake huh …’ Ri asked as she point her index finger towards the cheesecake.

 

‘Cheesecake? Yeah. It will remind me of some story … I wouldn’t want to tell you. It’s a secret. He said as he pressed his index finger towards his thick lips. ‘Btw what’s your name?’ He continued to ask.

 

‘Ri … My name is Ri,’ she replied while smiling.

 

‘Ri? Your name is that short? What’s your long name? Ri … ce? HAHHA … Oops … Sorry. I was just joking,’ he stopped laughing when he saw Ri staring at him.

 

‘How weird is he. How can he forget me? Didn’t Mrs Nam tell him about me …’ she thought to herself. ‘Yuri … My name is Kwon Yuri,’ she answered, once again, giving him a sweet smile.

 

‘Hey, your name sounded so familiar … Where did I’ve heard it?’ Daehyun tapped his chin as he thinks where he has heard that name. ‘Ohh… I think I remembered now. You’re … Eh? Where did she disappear too?’ Daehyun search around for Ri but she wasn’t there. ‘How dare she leave me behind,’ Daehyun cursed her as he continues to eat his cheesecake.

 

A few minutes later, Yuri appeared in front of him once again. ‘I’m sorry. I’ve to go now. Something urgent cropped up. See you soon, Nam Woo Hyun-shii,’ she bowed before she left.

 

‘Oh … Erm, can I have your number, Yuri-shii? I can call you Yuri, right?’ Daehyun shyly asked. Yuri nodded and smile as she took out a pen from her bag. She scribbled her number down on the tissue paper that was lying on the table. She bowed and waved once again before leaving the café. She was rushing that she didn’t notice that there’s a girl who was walking with a guy right in front of her. She accidently bumped into her.

 

‘Ouch! Hey look where you are going. Are you blind?’ Hyeri whined.

 

‘I’m so sorry. I was in a rush that I didn’t notice you right in front of me. Mian,’ she apologised and bowed repeatedly.

 

Hyeri tapped Woo Hyun’s arm repeatedly and asked him to defend her. Woo Hyun sighed and raised his voice when talking to Yuri, ‘Watch where you are going, woman. Don’t bump into my girlfriend. You’ll be dead if my girlfriend is hurt anywhere.’ Hyeri giggled as she hears what Woo Hyun said.

 

‘I’m really sorry,’ she said and bowed before leaving the couple behind. As she was walking, she looked behind again at Woo Hyun. ‘He looks familiar … or is it just me?’ She thought to herself and shrugged her shoulders. She hailed a taxi and rushed back home after her Omma called her just now.

 

 

‘You’re home? Quickly get ready! Mrs Nam and Woo Hyun is coming later on. Help me cook please. Oh wait, I need some ingredients urgently. Can you go to the supermarket and buy them?

 

‘Can I take a shower first Omma? I feel so sticky and smelly …’ Yuri sniffs herself.

 

‘Araso. Be fast alright?’


 

ITS NOT OVER ! Move on to part 2 ^^